Beamdog - David Gaider joins as Creative Director

No, you missed the point. You seemed to be implying that some bugs automatically meant their next game is going to be crap no matter what.

No, I said there's no reason to assume Dragonspear will be better than their first releases.

You don't know a lot of people who would call The Witcher fantastic? Maybe you just haven't talked to many people about it ;). It has an 8.8 average score on Metacritic from 1000+ gamers. Of course that doesn't mean anything in regards to Beamdog. It's just an example that a first product can be exceptional.

Possibly fanboys, i.e. those who have played 2 and 3 first.

I won't waste any more time with you though, because it's obvious that you've decided to prejudge rather than wait and see.

On the contrary, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm just skeptical.

I consider TW1 best one. TW2 I quit half way and TW3 I don't even care to get.

Original Sin engine doesn't work on phones. So they won't be using it.

In all honesty I would think it would. Not like the "D:OS" engine is a vast improvement over unity which is ancient. And why the angst about PC/Phone ports? I've played games on 386 PC's that were every bit as entertaining as games I've played with my skylake. My android in my pocket packs A LOT more punch than my first 6 or 8 pc's, and so does my iPad. That's a good thing...no need to feel threatened.

In all honesty I would think it would. Not like the "D:OS" engine is a vast improvement over unity which is ancient. And why the angst about PC/Phone ports? I've played games on 386 PC's that were every bit as entertaining as games I've played with my skylake. My android in my pocket packs A LOT more punch than my first 6 or 8 pc's, and so does my iPad. That's a good thing…no need to feel threatened.
You are obviously new here and have yet to get to know Joxer a bit better.

In all honesty I would think it would. Not like the "D:OS" engine is a vast improvement over unity which is ancient. And why the angst about PC/Phone ports? I've played games on 386 PC's that were every bit as entertaining as games I've played with my skylake. My android in my pocket packs A LOT more punch than my first 6 or 8 pc's, and so does my iPad. That's a good thing…no need to feel threatened.
For me it's not the performance but the user interface. Small screen, inaccurate touch controls, uncomfortable body/device position, inferior speakers (if you aren't using headphones).
So when I have time for gaming I'd rather do it on my gaming PC.
And so for me personally a developer putting resources in developing for mobiles, these resources are wasted. Of course I'll still play the PC versions if I like the game.

I love Beamdog that much more because they port to mobile. My dad and I are having a blast playing Icewind Dale: EE together in the same room on our tablets. I also enjoy playing PC games on my tablet because I have an Nvidia Shield tablet with Nvidia Gamestream. I even got Wizards & Warriors to work on it with a bluetooth controller that attaches to the tablet. Amongst many other classic RPGs on it (Risen, Neverwinter Nights, Elminage Gothic, etc. etc.)

So yeah, as long as Beamdog keeps releasing these games for tablets, I shall play them and have a ton of fun doing so. :)

Their first releases were pretty good by most accounts.

Seems like some selective reading on your part

Yes, they must be fanboys because you don't agree with them. :)

The writing was all over the place and combat was boring. I'll chalk up any good contemporary reviews to "grimdark setting with gud graphix lol".

Seems like some selective reading on your part
Selective reading? Would that be most of the user reviews which are indeed positive? Steam? Metacritic? You tell me, since, no matter where you go, the majority seems to like them.

The writing was all over the place and combat was boring. I'll chalk up any good contemporary reviews to "grimdark setting with gud graphix lol".

You seem pretty good at chalking up things to fit your view. More power to ya. :)

Selective reading? Would that be most of the user reviews which are indeed positive? Steam? Metacritic? You tell me, since, no matter where you go, the majority seems to like them.

Nah, places that matter. Like the Codex. And I think the Watch too.

Attachments

• a3094700fb7bdf44af32d4cb0a3eee33b8f3f4adb1c55dd707fd65b0a55d76ad.jpg
    a3094700fb7bdf44af32d4cb0a3eee33b8f3f4adb1c55dd707fd65b0a55d76ad.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 66
Witcher fanboys vs. Fallout fanboys, which are better and why
Yeah, don't know why this nonsense is still discussed like in kindergarden. That's not necessary.
Everybody knows that Witcher is far superior.

I think he asks which fanboys are better, not games. :D

Witcher fanboys vs. Fallout fanboys, which are better and why

Oh, they're both bad. Very, very bad.
Between you and me, those old school players can be even worse. Luckily they don't have long before senility kicks in and they end up losing their edgy attitude.
Real pleasure then. ;)

Oh, they're both bad. Very, very bad.
Between you and me, those old school players can be even worse. Luckily they don't have long before senility kicks in and they end up losing their edgy attitude.
Real pleasure then. ;)

There was less edge in that group when PoE and Wasteland 2 were still in development... waking up hurts. o.o

Back
Top Bottom