Fable 3 - 66% Off on Steam

Barbie's Horse Adventures isn't trying to be a hardcore RPG either but that doesn't suddenly make it more interesting to me. I didn't find Fable much fun - trapped in narrow corridors with the ability to fart instead of proper dialogue - and I haven't paid attention since. I'm sure plenty of people find them fun but I don't see why it is surprising a few posters on a PC-ish RPG site disagree.

this actually surprises me as you're one of the most open-minded and unbiased persons on the site. i agree the first game was all of those things and i have not much fond memories of it. this game like i've said has some of those elements but they can easily be overlooked for a more grown up and engaging story, with loads of exploration and high atttention to detail in level design(graphics and sound). there are actually meaningful choices, which were empty promises in the first game, that often are binary but sometimes more. with all of the "rebellion" going on in the world i don't think to many games have had the maturity or foresight perhaps to write a game that deals with those topics. voice acting has also greatly improved. i was almost ashamed, due to its infantileness, to play the first game and that was how many years ago yet with this game there are no such cases...except the chicken humour

I think what fable is trying to do is tell a fable, with over the top characterizations and color that makes it fantastical. It does this at the expense of realism, I really enjoyed 2....I have yet to play 3, but my son has it for the 360 so I will eventually sit down with it.

I think one reason why Fable III and the Gothic series have a similar feel is that they both have worlds that you not only enjoy spending time in but that also feel fragile in a sense; their worlds don't feel like playgrounds where you can trample around carelessly but places where you feel obligated to protect their mortal citizens. In both games people can actually die, like for good, and very easily, if you don't look out for them.

In Fable III just taking a character you care about for a stroll through the woods was frightening because of the bandits lurking in them.

played all those games and while technically they may have more in common the experiences they provide don't. both of those games which i've played though not finished two worlds 2 or the addon for divinity 2. they may offer skill trees and more open exploring though divinity 2 isn't really more open than fable 3, but when it comes to questing and dialogue i actually think fable 3 is better.

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, as strange as I think it is. I don't see how Fable 3 is that vastly different from Fable 1&2, and I didn't find those games to be anything close to a Gothic-like experience.

Oh, it's not so bad. I've been having fun with it and I did not even bother with all the farting and chicken dancing. ;) It isn't at all challenging at all on normal, though. But I don't mind that. Some quests are pretty funny, as well.

finally played that quest and that was well done far more than the one i was reffering to. in fact it alone is worth half the price i paid for the sale. this game is easily one of the most humourous games that also an adventure--so much so that i'd compare it to my actual favourite game anachronox--which is also the game i enjoy the humour of most. the light-hearted and colourfulness yet being written for a mature audience that would appreciate the detail aspects while being just as much action-adventure as rpg make fable 3 somewhat similar as well.

@JDR13 are you still based your comments from the vantage of not playing it? i'm confused did you play 2 as i have not played the game so maybe had i played both i would have a hard time myself believing a third game could be so different--though it is;)

@JDR13 are you still based your comments from the vantage of not playing it? i'm confused did you play 2 as i have not played the game so maybe had i played both i would have a hard time myself believing a third game could be so different—though it is;)

I've played through Fable on PC and played some of Fable 2 on a friend's Xbox, enough to see that the experience was largely the same. I've watched enough gameplay video, and talked to enough people, to conclude that Fable III isn't that different.

I could be wrong, maybe Fable III is quite different from the first 2 games, but I'd still be willing to bet that it's not the closest thing there is to another Gothic game.

I've played through Fable on PC and played some of Fable 2 on a friend's Xbox, enough to see that the experience was largely the same. I've watched enough gameplay video, and talked to enough people, to conclude that Fable III isn't that different.

I could be wrong, maybe Fable III is quite different from the first 2 games, but I'd still be willing to bet that it's not the closest thing there is to another Gothic game.

I played and enjoyed the original on PC, also played 2 on a friend's Xbox and now own 3 on the PC. I can say they're all pretty much the same thing, very simple and casual RPGs if you can get into that kind of thing. The production values and style make them much more enjoyable than something like Arcania if you can deal with the lack of depth.

At least the second (and im sure the third too) lets the player explore beyond the beaten path. The second one also fixed a lot of other issues that the first game had, like giving stuff at least a little more meaning, and it sinks a bit deeper into the Sims kind-of gameplay. And yeah the production values does show.. I prefer playing The Sims or Gothic's (1-3) over this series though.

Back
Top Bottom