Mass Effect - 10th year anniversary

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer November 7th was the 10 year anniversary for the Mass Effect franchise.

Yesterday was November 7—N7 Day, in the parlance of Mass Effect fans, an occasion to celebrate all things about BioWare's hit sci-fi series. To mark the special day, BioWare released a "Ten Years of Mass Effect" video looking back on the history of the series and the things that made it special—and, despite the failure of Mass Effect: Andromeda to meet expectations, expressing hope for the future.

[...]
More information.

Hope for the future? I thought Miss Effect: Andromeda is expected to be the end of the line.

No more Ass Effect please. It has always been a watered-down version of KotOR anyway. If they are smart, they'll bury it. Probably not though…

Have to disagree with you there @luj1;.

I never really understood the love for KotOR, esp the first one. For someone who isn't SW fan like myself, KotOR was mediocre RPG at the best. Combat was clunky and boring, character progression was watered down, the universe was not fleshed out esp for people who aren't familiar with SW, story/writing was so-so.

ME also is very mainstream, watered down RPG, but I enjoyed it for what it is. Well, at least the first two in the series.

There are really people believing there's talent left at BioWare and that talent will actually be allowed to do something non-despicable under EA rulership?
Optimists. Always bound to be disappointed.

I'm currently playing Andormeda. While it has some flaws and is indeed watered down as an RPG I'm enjoying it a lot. I just like this kind of game. And it makes me really sad that for all we know we won't see another space opera for a very long time.

A series that set new standards and whose legacy is huge: products took the ME path afterwards.

Sure, after ME series every product out there became alien dating sim.

I'm currently playing Andormeda. While it has some flaws and is indeed watered down as an RPG I'm enjoying it a lot. I just like this kind of game. And it makes me really sad that for all we know we won't see another space opera for a very long time.

Completely agree. It's a fun game, using an "explore unknown parts of space" concept that, sadly, very few have tried. It's a shame.

*high five*

I started a new playthrough a few days ago myself and the game is just as fun as the last time.

As for a "very long time", I personally think once Anthem is released next year that a part of the team will have start work on something else ;). BioWare even set up an app like the Dragon Keep for the Mass Effect series.

This is coming to EA/Origin access soon right? I might check it out then.

Only two games in the series as far as I'm concerned. They were decent, and then the third one sucked beyond belief, one of the first games I have ever demanded a refund for. With the origin platform existing now, even a new decent game in this series would be avoided by me, not to mention anything with the stench of EA on it is already avoided by me.

Back
Top Bottom