Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sutpid question but how do I know which chapter I'm in? :D

I think it is in the quest journal. Prologue = chapter zero. Stolen Land = chapter 1. troll trouble = chapter 2, and so on, minus the companion and miscellaneous sections. I think that's how it works. So I'm currently in chapter 3 I believe.

I felt the same! Loading screens every other minute! And what's worse - it is just tiny small zones, what there is to load for so long?!
I read of people, who already gave up on game after getting their kingdom and forced to go from loading screen to loading screen to just play few seconds and …off to next loading screen. I'm not that far, but sounds depressing - it is like i must buy a new computer to run this game smoothly, while game itself isn't nowhere near Kingdom Come Deliverance, but asks almost for same hardware! wtf?!

It just shows that Pathfinder Kingmaker is another rushed, unopimized game thrown out in the market.
Yep they range from a few seconds to a few minutes. Still not as bad as Tyranny at least. Guess I'm spoiled from Witcher III and most recently Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

As a game in 2018 should not have loading screens for every map and house.

Restart your computer too when the lag happens. I found that helped a bit. But I noticed it a bit too. I'd even get choppy audio.

Is that, like…a memory leak thing? That sounds like when you install a big pile of mods in a Bethesda game - sorta like a pantry IRL where all your pots and pans are stacked up and they could fall down on your head at any moment.

I love this game, I really do. And I agree with Fluent that it's a really important RPG. But it does feel a little…shaky, right now. Or maybe "messy" would be a better word. I had to go without Amiri in that fight that she was supposedly all excited about. If that was on purpose, that's dumb, and if it isn't, that's a shitty bug to throw at you. I'm definitely excited about them ironing out these wrinkles.

Yep they range from a few seconds to a few minutes. Still not as bad as Tyranny at least. Guess I'm spoiled from Witcher III and most recently Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

As a game in 2018 should not have loading screens for every map and house.

So…I totally don't mean to be offensive, but…you're angry about loading times in PK…but not in KCD? Goodness. KCD is monstrous on loading times, especially after these last few updates. Pathfinder hasn't been anywhere near as bad, at least not for me. It's more like a lot of really short loading screens.

But…idk. Maybe it's different for you.

Last edited:
ISo…I totally don't mean to be offensive, but…you're angry about loading times in PK…but not in KCD? Goodness. Especially after these last few updates, KCD is monstrous on loading times. Pathfinder hasn't been anywhere near as bad, at least not for me. It's more like a lot of really short loading times.

But…idk. Maybe it's different for you.
No offense taken.;)

Rarely had loading screens except for fast travel and cut-scenes in KCD.

It's different compared to this game were every map has one. So more of a preferred preference. I hate load screens in every Bethesda game also. It's a waste of time.

It also leads to a few game crashes in Pathfinder.

As I already said in another thread.
Yes I'll get flamed but I'm getting disappointed with this game.I'm thinking of putting this game on hold till it gets more patches, and the promised updates.

Frankly this game could of used more development time. Your experience may vary as plenty love the game in its current state, and they seem to have no problems.

So onward to finishing Original Sin 2 instead, and starting Insomnia: The Ark.
Some members need to accept not everyone will like this game.:)

Well, I remember the Negativity Battallion trying to burn my house down because I liked Dragon Age: Inquisition, so :invisible:

Well, I remember the Negativity Battallion trying to burn my house down because I liked Dragon Age: Inquisition, so :invisible:
I liked Dragon Age: Inquisition also.

Still waiting for the next game but doubt I will like it.

As BioWare embraced live game worlds, and said Anthem will inspire the next games. I'm sure others are tired of me posting my distaste for online shared game worlds also.

I liked Dragon Age: Inquisition also.

Still waiting for the next game but doubt I will like it.

Ugh. Yeah. I think I'm actually dreading it. It's gonna be an absolute disaster.

Ugh. Yeah. I think I'm actually dreading it. It's gonna be an absolute disaster.
Did you watch this video yet about BioWare's future games?

The new patch is out. This actually fixed one of the bugs (which I didn't know was a bug) that worked in my favour... so I now need to load much earlier save lol.

So this is a dumb question, but:

My character can use a sword and cast spells. But I'm confused as to how to properly execute my attacks. How do I cast, and how do I slash?

Standard attacks are done by clicking enemies. Casts and special attacks are done by selecting the spell/action from the list of small symbols (somewhere at the lower part of your screen), then clicking enemies.

You can also assign a cast/action as a standard action, by right clicking the respective cast/action's symbol. Then you wont have to click the symbol everytime, it will be executed when you click the enemy.

Restart your computer too when the lag happens. I found that helped a bit. But I noticed it a bit too. I'd even get choppy audio.

If this is caused by memory leaks closing the game should be enough to solve the problem. If closing the game is not enough and you need to reboot, there's something funny in how unity gets its memory from the OS, and it's an engine bug (which may or may not be fixed promptly, depending on the whims of unity's dev team). How much RAM do you have available?

Well decided to continue despite my misgivings and hatred of constants load screens. It's not bad but I did encounter a few game-breaking bugs in chapter 3&4.

I swear it's Skyrim all over again as some player have no problems while I get most of the bugs again. I had to reload my saved game on a previous quest to fix them.

By now, I have to say I really love this game…

You've probably guessed it based on the size of this post. There's a "but", and it's not the bugs (edit: or the annoying load screens). It's the whole Kingdom management thing, and the fact that you are constantly put under the pressure of some deadline.

It's not only that I dislike the constant time pressure. It's the implementation of it.
Time and time management plays a huge role, and that doesnt play well with the system as it is now. For instance, you can not cancel the assignement of advisors to an event (after the first day). Together with the long run times of many events, this makes it very likely that you get some more important new event that you can not assign anyone to, because evereyone's busy. Also, unresolved events tend to run out at the first day of a month. Which means there's often some really small time windows for events that occur during the end of a month. That's just one example where the system kind of defeats itself.

Another example: it is completely unclear how certain aspects of your kingdom evolve (when can you upgrade a town? what triggers new advisors?). Sure, you notice it after the fact. But why all these opaque rules and conditions? They don't seem very logical, or even necessary in any way. For instance, nothing would break if advisor assignment would simply depend on the availability of the advisors themselves.

I also dislike that you have to trade off kingdom time (annexing regions, advancing stats) versus time spent adventuring. I never really feel like there's time just to explore the stolen lands a bit. The Kingdom idea is nice and all, but the adventuring should be the core experience of a game like this.

I kinda feel sorry to rant about a game that I really like… but it just irks me that the one thing that gives this game its name is so annoying to experience. There are games that did this way better. Even the kingdom management in Dragon Commander felt better, and that one was not particularly interesting in that respect.

Wholeheartedly agree. Thats why I've turned kingdom management off.

I actually love the kingdom management, but they don't make it clear when you have time to explore and when you should be building. But what you need to do is prioritize your time. Once some advisors are on events you can head out and do other things, come back later and continue building and taking care of the kingdom. In Chapter 4 you get a ton of time to play around, explore, build and so on, until you start getting warned that bad things are going to happen soon. Unfortunately the game does not convey how to properly manage the kingdom very well, so it's obfuscated and takes trial and error and playing to learn what to do. But I actually enjoy it a lot, it adds another dimension to the game. Just make sure to do those 2 week time consuming projects at the start of the month, that way your events don't auto-fail.

In fact, here's some tips I've learned while playing. Will post in the tips n' tricks thread.

Wholeheartedly agree. Thats why I've turned kingdom management off.

That may be an option, but I read some reports that automatic kingdom management may lead to problems/bugs. And it can not be reversed.

Well then I'm screwed... Maybe I should just wait with playing until they've ironed out most bugs.. :(

Back
Top Bottom