Diablo 3 - Post-Mortem with Jay Wilson

Your son must be a Wizard in real life if he finds the combat mind-numbingly boring and easy. Are you playing on Torment difficulty?

We're not wizards at all. If you do a quick search you'll find endless post of similar experiences. We put the difficulty as high as we could, expert, master? I don't remember but we hadn't beat the game yet so we were locked out of harder difficulties.

We played in to chapter 4 without either of us dying or using a single health potion. Then he got the super armor of death and we decided we'd had enough. Honestly though it's just not my kind of game and an increased difficulty probably wouldn't have helped me enjoy it.

I wish they'd make a sequel to lotr: war in the north. That was some good coop fun and had a fun and addictive combat system imo.

It's not the hardest game, I agree, but not dying at all into Act IV or using a single potion??? That's a bit hard to believe. My dad and I just started Act V on Master and got wrecked in the first Rare + Elite battle, not to mention every rare demon spawn in the previous Acts was an insta-death, as well as some of the Elite/Rare encounters. If I recall you also hated Diablo 1 because it was click-click-click. Well this isn't click-click-click anymore and you still hate it, so I agree that this just isn't the RPG series for you.

I also think that for future games maybe they shouldn't lock most of the harder difficulties from the start so you can jump into the hard stuff right away. There was a bit of an easier stretch of Act IV when we couldn't turn the difficulty up to Master (since you have to beat Act IV to unlock Master). But we don't find the game mind-numbingly easy for most of our playthrough so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom