Skyrim Patch issues (and possible fixes)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Menigal

Extractor of Madness
Well, the first thing I noticed is that the patch breaks the y-axis mouse fix, and actually makes vertical mouse movement even slower than it was when the game came out. Guess I get to spend the evening playing with ini settings to make it remotely playable again.

Loading saved games also appears to be slower, or at least it is on my version. I'm hoping they tested this thing first on pc's before they threw it at us. I've noticed the mouse being slower as well.

-Carn

The mouse fixes on top of one's existing .ini settings are responsible. Some are recommending renaming one's .ini files so they get regenerated from the defaults, followed by bringing your tweaks back in, modified as needed. I'll be doing this tonight...

It does seem to be the previous mouse fixes in the ini files that are causing the problem. Delete/rename them and it seems to fix it. Of course, then you have to reconfigure everything. Still, at least it's a relatively easy fix.

My saves seem to be taking longer to load, too, but not to absurd levels. Fingers crossed that's the worst of the issues. There do seem to be a lot of people saying elemental resistances are broken, though.

Jesus christ... You sure about that?
Is there any way to get rid of this patch once it's installed or we're doomed till 1.3 gets released?

So, has anyone here experienced backwards flying dragons or futile resistances yet?
Seems like the patch may be kinda catastrophic, I´m definitely not using it.

Yep. Just tried playing an I'm wiped out in dungeons by the casters. I was playing expert for the most part before the patch, now I'm getting killed even with apprentice mode.

If I were you, try to disable the patch being downloaded. Don't connect to the internet before running Steam. Start Steam, and set it to offline mode. Then hopefully it stays in offline mode until the patch gets sorted. Apparently disabling Steam auto updates for Skyrim may not be enough to stop them. The previous stealth DRM patch was apparently proof of that. :(

Steam and Bethesda have really screwed up on this patch. All early buyers should get all future DLC for free.

I haven't seen enough to confirm that resistances are fubar yet, but everything else seems to be ok. I've got a bit more stutter and random slowdowns than I remember, but there might be some visual setting that I've missed in resetting everything.

Back
Top Bottom