Torment: Tides of Numenera - Cut Companions

I believe you have to be philosophical about this. I am certain they tried there best to get the Toy in the game, it probably just didn't mesh that well with the story and there is probably a ton of other stuff that wasn't part of the original pitch that they have included without "telling us" about it. Why not wait and see the final product before raining down hate?

Like Silver said up above, Larian did the same with day/night cycle and the end result of one of the best cRPG's I've played in quite some time!! It will all come out in the wash.

As far as the end result games go, I agree with all that, but at the same time, it's kind of a dishonest practice to treat stretch goals as suggestions. There's gotta be some better way to do business than this.

I'm not outraged at the game itself, I haven't played the beta yet, and I'm not playing it before the real beta starts on release day. Will be waiting for the major patching/DLCing and everything to be done before that.

I'm outraged at how InXile and Fargo are managing to peddle their bull, and get away with it. I'm not for a couple of extra companions, or a localization I don't really care about it. But those things were advertised during the fundraising campaign, at some point it became clear to the team they won't be able to include them, but there was zero announcement on the matter. And most people are happy making excuses for them. I find this majorly unacceptable.

Not to mention that I'm starting to think most things got cut because at some point InXile shifted gear from a PC release to a multi-console release. I mean, they can spin bull all they like, but the matter of fact is that was decided and work started way before they got in bed with Techland or annonced it. Makes you wonder what is the game we're getting the same one we were advertised when we paid for it?

Not ideal but I know I'm not going to back PoE2 this time around for a number of reasons but this doesn't help.

Why InXile screwing up has anything to do with Obsidian who delivered everything (and more*) they promised for their first game.

*PoE ended up with more localization than there was originally planed.

Back
Top Bottom