HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TSA has reviewed The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Extended Edition:

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Extended Edition Review

Vlad tidings we bring.

Every once in a while, review codes turn up at TSA for games that have been around for ages. It’s something that hasn’t been helped by the many releases in the series, with three games coming in staggered releases across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. In fact, I assumed this was the trilogy encompassing Final Cut, which has been on Steam for over a year, but it soon became apparent that Neocore have decided to release the three games on console as Extended Editions in turn. Given the full trilogy Final Cut is sat in my Steam library I was surprised that a similar release was not forthcoming here

So The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Extended Edition (a name both to conjure with and to artificially pad out a review’s word count) is the first of the three and the sole entry on PS4 right now, as it lags behind the other platforms. It’s also out on Xbox One as of April, where the second game released in October of 2016, and the whole trilogy is already out on PC. Is this making much sense?

[...]

What’s Good:

• Gothic atmosphere
  • Great companion
  • Generally well-written
  • Compulsive action RPG gameplay
What’s Bad:

• Attrition replaces difficulty
  • Too much useless loot
  • Incomplete

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Extended Edition is a good action RPG that is a welcome addition to the PS4, but is held back by some uninspiring loot, uneven difficulty and the decision to release the trilogy one game at a time. This version does include all of the enhancements from the Final Cut, but it’s difficult to recommend buying this alone when the full trilogy is so often discounted on PC. Given the likely future releases, I fully expect this to appear on PS+ fairly soon. So unless you have completely rinsed Diablo 3, and are bored of Alienation but desperate for more loot, I’d stake clear of this until the full trilogy is released.

Score: 6/10
More information.

Ehhh, I picked up the full edition for the Motorhead stuff, and my wife and I had fun laughing as I killed mobs with sick guitar riffs for a while.

It's not the best Diablo 2 clone by a longshot, but it's acceptable. I'm playing the Final Cut version on the PC, obviously.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Ehhh, I picked up the full edition for the Motorhead stuff, and my wife and I had fun laughing as I killed mobs with sick guitar riffs for a while.

It's not the best Diablo 2 clone by a longshot, but it's acceptable. I'm playing the Final Cut version on the PC, obviously.

I think you are talking about Victor Vran.

Tried this several times, but couldn't go through with it.
For diablo like arpg, hit feedback and abilities simply had that paper feel to it.
Real damn shame, systems, main characters and setting seemed pretty damn interesting.

Back
Top Bottom