Finally acquired White Gold! Thanks Steam!

cartooncorpse

Watcher
This game is AWESOME (if you liked Boiling Point / Two Worlds flavored games).

Anyone see the fisherman get dragged off (of the dock, into the sea…then out to sea) by his "catch" yet?

This game is (IMO) a refinement of Boiling Point's weaker points (BP is still a GREAT game).

I run Windows 7 64 bit, 4 core, 8G RAM, Nvidia 600 something I think

Downloaded, installed, ran okay, saved, installed dialog fix, and 1.4 patch, played some, then installed REAL dialog fix and 1.8 patch (worked).

No problems. Nicer atmosphere (IMO) with the Russian dialog as opposed to silence from NPC's.

This is a game for people who like reality sandbox games. Just wander around and find stuff, mostly NOT finding stuff. As opposed to frenetic spaz fests with a heavy metal backing track.

I've already stumbled across a rocket launcher! (can't use it yet…no skillz)

anyway struggling along (just like Boiling Point). HOPEFULLY there is a money cheat like the treasure mine in Boiling Point. I don't like worrying about money too much I guess.

ANYWAY I recommend this game if you have not purchased it!

Last edited:
Boiling point would definitely make my top 50 games of all time, I loved it quirks and all. Thanks for the reminder that I have to pick this up one day.

lol. I have a YEARS old game of Boiling Point that I use now (after finishing the game when it was new). I get the licenses for helicopter, etc, grab up about $200K using the mining artifact exploit, sometimes using the bus driver mission to get to PS from PF, buy a dragonfly heli, and that little SUV with a machine gun as I can afford them. Then get to the army mission where you get a Huey, then I KEEP the Huey. From there I just mess around doing missions from time to time.

My worry is that OS upgrades (mostly FORCED on my by hardware failures) will one day render the games (as some have already fallen out...eg IGI2) obsolete/unusuable.

Some games I've had to repurchase on Steam to get a running version (for Windows 7). I don't like many new titles at all (Skyrim is an exception) and don't buy. I love the campiness? of older games (NOLF's, Max Payne's, Gothic 2, Morrowind, Vice City, Postal 2, Boiling Point, Two Worlds, James Bond Nightfire, Halo, Half life, Sin, SOF's, Far Cry, the list goes on). So they are what I KEEP installed on my PC's over the years and have saved games where I want them so I can revisit from time to time.

White Gold has improved things like fishing (much harder due to predators in Boiling Point) and loot on corpses, and not as much annoying (eg bee's) wildlife attacking you every 30 seconds when on a hike.

Anyway I've only played the one evening so far, and I'm enjoying it. Got my carry weight to 60 and a lock picking success perk. No gun skill yet. Killed a paramilitary camp with my knife and sneaking up on them one by one, then escaping to heal up! (I like to be able to use alternatives to run and gun), on that mission to get the first car.

Are there any cheats? I haven't found any. Don't think Boiling Point allowed them either...SURELY there's a dev mode lurking under the covers in both!

I usually use cheats like load carrying (I like to collect stuff and sort it out later), and money for having reliable equipment. You know, like a rich kid (I'm not in real life) having an adventure, instead of a struggling pauper (real life).

Thanks for the response. haven't encountered any mission breaking bugs or crashes yet, but things like disappearing vehicles you could work around in Boiling Point (with saves if nothing else).

Back
Top Bottom