So far, so good!

cartooncorpse

Watcher
NO vehicle disappearances!

I have (first island) a car, a jeep, a 4 wheeler, a rubber boat, and a PLANE! Have not found ability for fuel yet, so I walk mostly. Store my excess whatnots (I LOVE this feature) in Rogdrigoz' car. and some in the plane.

I do have a broken mission now. the umergo? Humbergo? Kill the paramilitaries? EZ mission, just broke. No biggy I don't think.

I HATE getting cheated (economically in a game by losing stuff due to disappearance) though. Though this HAS NOT happened (just to be CLEAR)

UPDATE:

Finally went to next island (and came back to first island in stolen rubber boat). I plan to try to use the plane to get back to 2nd island next time (I discovered a floating refueling boat/plane station about half way on the way back to first island). I'm thinking maybe if I use the plane as a boat, nobody attacks me? When I stole it (lockpick) I saw attack boats and a attack helicopter, and neither one attacked me….I couldn't figure out (didn't read the instruction pop up) how to take off. DOH!

I am suck with the guerillas and the bandits. Good or neutral with every one else.

The thing that would PISS me off at this point would be LOSING my acquirements so far just because of game memory quirks.

Okay, back to it!

PS - I was thinking this post might be helpful to doubters out there about this game.

Last edited:
I do have a broken mission now. the umergo? Humbergo? Kill the paramilitaries? EZ mission, just broke. No biggy I don't think.

Can you give me details for that, like who gave it and what happened, then maybe I could fix it foe the next Unofficial Patch...

I HATE getting cheated (economically in a game by losing stuff due to disappearance) though. Though this HAS NOT happened (just to be CLEAR)

I lost a car with content once after going to the next island, but it might have blown up in a fire fight and it seems this didn't happen to you :)!

The thing that would PISS me off at this point would be LOSING my acquirements so far just because of game memory quirks.

If you mean loosing Perks, this never happened to me.

Hmm. The guy (humberto?) is standing alone on the first island in the town that is through the blocked (initially) tunnel) from where you start.

He (Humberto? Umberto?) is standing on the street (curb/sidewalk), on the edge of town, near the natural rock bridge, that has a lagoon beneath it (and chest to open under the water) on the way to where the paramilitaries (3) have humberto's brother at gunpoint. On top of that naturally formed rock bridge you can get your first SVP sniper rifle (BTW), from another route to get up there.

I think he (Umberto) gave me the mission. Not 100% sure. So many of those missions. I could check my speeck logs maybe if you wish?

Anyway, I went under the rock bridge, discovered them (via map directions), killed the paramilitaries, but they killed the brother too (no matter what…several tries via quicksave…is that the problem?) So I looted them all, and returned to Umberto, but no mission complete, and he still wants me to kill them. STILL. I've looked all the pearls from the nearby sea, and run around the area hoping to trip a trigger or something. No luck.

ALSO…new broken? mission. "DRIVER" on the second island who ran over somebody, Hoping I'd get his car, no matter what I try, he just ends up being hysterical (repeating same line over and over) no matter if I talk to all witnesses, or loot the liquor bottle. Am I doing something wrong in that mission?

Thanks about the perks. I currently have 3 saved up. Not sure which ones are best, so looking for opportunities to test. For instance, "improved trade profit" isn't very effective, nor was "30% bribe reduction", at least not with faction reparations.

I was wondering about improved underwater time.

I'm at the point where eudes ripped me off for $10K! (I only had $20 at the time!). Looking to get that back.

Still in the doghouse with bandits/guerillads though not quite as bad (for some reason) as earlier. Good relations with everyone else.

One of the countless things I liked about BP was (using treasure mission exploit) to keep most faction relations in the positive (PLUS have weapons upgraded, and affording to try out the different weapons when (I wanted), so I didn't have to fight all the time. I prefer finding stuff, accumulating wealth mostly, with the combat as a side issue, rather than the other way around. Xenus (except for the treasure mission exploit, has been better at loot, just not ENOUGH money for my taste.)

ALSO. That island they want me to buy has NO fish, 1 clam (1 pearl...why do they use clam shells?) and 4 snakes so far. Why would I buy that?

Last edited:
Me again,

Hey, is it possible this is a compiler/linker problem? Math accuracy is not what was assumed by the developers? Seems like a "rookie" (not really) mistake, but a LOT of GOOD programmers have ASSUMED that the math was ACCURATE in the translation from their directive and the machine's understanding, and were RONG! It's not an issue where the developers are expecting '1' and getting '1.00000001' right? Stuff like that. That isn't that uncommon in older compilers on newer machines right? In accounting, ALWAYS use pennies (not dollars).

Hmm. The guy (humberto?) is standing alone on the first island in the town that is through the blocked (initially) tunnel) from where you start.

Hm, has his mission a title that I can look for? Also did the mission pointer point into the middle of the sea? I remember something being broken on the first island…

I could check my speeck logs maybe if you wish?

Yes, the mission name or the mission giver name would help.

ALSO…new broken? mission. "DRIVER" on the second island who ran over somebody, Hoping I'd get his car, no matter what I try, he just ends up being hysterical (repeating same line over and over) no matter if I talk to all witnesses, or loot the liquor bottle. Am I doing something wrong in that mission?

I don't remember this one. Is it actually called "Driver"?

I was wondering about improved underwater time.

Did you already do the mission about the underwater treasure? It might help there.

ALSO. That island they want me to buy has NO fish, 1 clam (1 pearl…why do they use clam shells?) and 4 snakes so far. Why would I buy that?

Don't buy an island yet, you will need lots of money later on for the endgame!
Also I don't understand your second post about the compilers and accuracy...

Mission name had "eliminate the paramilitaries" title I think. Just revisited it. no dice.

Driver was the character's name on the second island (bigger town). Close to the bar/club 4 way intersection. He ran over someone (no body I could find, but a drop crate in the road).

Anyway I still LOVE the game. I like THIS aspect of it too. Actually MORE realistic than "perfect" games.

It seems to me that all of the "broken" missions I've found (more now) are of the same flavor. Could be woefully understaffed programming negligence (forgivable here given the OBVIOUS love for the product/work/game), but seems to me to be a failure in the tools. Compiler/linker (takes the source code into machine code, and decides how math works based on the hardware). Could be the 3d engine (homegrown?) as well. When ALL of the glitches have the same "smell" I think it's not so much the pilots as the design of the plane.

You're a programmer right?

I HAD to buy the island to get to Eudes Mando. Did it...HUGE gunbattle, but did it.

Now I have the island (also save just b4 purchase), but Eudes only gave me back about 800 pesos of the $10K!!!!

I only have around $8K now (had $20K before Eudes).

Though I DO have 4 unused XP points to allocatYeah Ie! So there is that!

Anyway, still moseying around.

Any tips on FABULOUS treasures/profits?

Yeah I did the trapped scuba guy mission without the perk boost. I do have an open pearl hunter mission now (x amount of pearls to collect for a guy), but so far, I can get pearls without extra boost. Plus I already have almost all the pearls from previous activity. I have tons of treasure I haven't sold (trying to find best price, but it seems like price doesn't fluctuate much at all between vendors (floating gas stations, stores, bars, treasure collectors, etc).

Mission name had "eliminate the paramilitaries" title I think. Just revisited it. no dice.

Okay, I'll see if I can find the problem. You wrote that when reporting back there was no acknowledgement?

Driver was the character's name on the second island (bigger town).

The name is important to find the dialogue section whichi is pretty much the only thing I can fix anyway ;).

It seems to me that all of the "broken" missions I've found (more now) are of the same flavor.

I don't think this has to do with the programming, but rather the dialogue sections with the quest givers or the maps. I don't know anything about the later, but in the former just a wrong number will set a bad condition and a quest will not end or give no reward or whatever. Compared to my usual work with Bloodlines this is much more prone to errors because they don't use variables with names but weird numbers and you need a special SDK editor to view and edit the files in the first place!

You're a programmer right?

No. I understand a little bit of scripting using common sense but that's all!

I HAD to buy the island to get to Eudes Mando.

Ah, I forgot that. I only remember I had to pay several people too much money!

Any tips on FABULOUS treasures/profits?

Sadly no. There isn't an exploit like with Boiling Point as far as I know...

P.S.: I checked your issues with the SDK editor now.

1) The guy's name is Umberto and there is nothing wrong with his dialogue, so either the map script is broken or a paramilitary got away.
2) You can indeed just talk a bit with the driver and nothing else comes out of it…

Thanks for all your help. I found mucho broken stuff now. STILL love the game mostly. Deep Shadows must've been understaffed due to talent or money.

Cheap tactics like tiny hit "box" on spiders with SHOTGUN! is an egregious sin. I hate when devs squelch the player's normal skills (rest of time in game) so that a particular situation is more "challenging" (like jumping or weapon effectiveness).

I write software for a living, thought you were conversant. What do you do for a living?

Anyway, not sure if I'll "finish" the game now, but I do LOVE it. It's just that is you're going to reach beyond your grasp (development wise) you SHOULD allow cheats/exploits whether intentional or not. Shutting things down like that down in an attempt to provide "challenge" will NEVER work.

I have a TON of broken missions now. and the mainline mission is EXPENSIVE to play, so I'm feeling too much like I'm struggling with plenty of things I want to try, but NO way to AFFORD them.

Is this a Russian thing?

I LOVE many other aspects about the game. DEFINATE love of games, the Russian zeitgeist/insight into their thinking about the world.

Hmm.. maybe I can ferret out some cheats/exploits in the SDK. I'll give it a try, but it appears the problems with this game (at this point) aren't just a general (overall) quick fix, but more of an understaffing issue.

I can use it to play around with (like Boiling Point) at least. WORTH the money IMO.

I did find some respawning things like spam (food) and RPG (undamaged). If only I could find something more.

Those spider glands? Is there a place to sell them for MAJOR cash? Best gem buyer? Intel would be NICE at this point.

I write software for a living, thought you were conversant. What do you do for a living?

I'm an analytical chemist in real life and only do this for a hobby. Basically when I encounter issues in games I really love, I see if they can be fixed :)!

It's just that is you're going to reach beyond your grasp (development wise) you SHOULD allow cheats/exploits whether intentional or not.

I don't know what you mean by this. If you mean getting to one of the final islands early this made the game unfinishable in the end so had to be fixed!

I LOVE many other aspects about the game. DEFINATE love of games, the Russian zeitgeist/insight into their thinking about the world.

I love their look for details. Like the driver who talks about his accident just for the hell of it. Or the killed big spider on the first island!

Hmm.. maybe I can ferret out some cheats/exploits in the SDK.

Maybe it would be possible to raise the worth of some items...

Those spider glands? Is there a place to sell them for MAJOR cash?

... like these, but I don't know about a good place to sell them.

Analytical chemist. I always thought if you were a good plumber or mechanic, you'd be a good programmer, but NEVER did I think analytical chemist. Analysis is probably the key issue (THINKING..."common" sense...logic is not so common actually).

I think I'm retracting what I said one comment section before this. I reloaded (before selling the gems) save, and quit playing the game, and started just screwing around. I now have over 100 mini pearls, 30 pearls, etc.

I'm thinking maybe shadowmoses listened to me, only he wants me to screw around to get the ducats as opposed to exploits I used in Boiling Point. Maybe.

If it were me, I would have a MEGA ULTRA pearl SOMEWHERE in the game, as a reward for screwing around! I just have to find it.

As an adult, I don't need "challenge" so much in games, as much as I want to experience what is offered. Struggling (beyond my mood) is not part of the fun. That's why I like exploits and/or cheats.

I still haven't flown a helicoptor yet in this game.

Anyway, I think I plan to goof around until I think I'm wealthy enough to play for real (the price).

Analysis is probably the key issue (THINKING…"common" sense…logic is not so common actually).

Exactly. Especially as I don't program new stuff, but rather fix broken scripts or similar, where finding the problem is most of the time the most difficult part ;).

Hey. I still can't make planes take off (into the air) for some reason…trying up, down arrows on both keypads, as well as up/down keys.

Also the eradicate paramilitary mission. I killed all three bad guys, the mission says X meters away from the initial harbor area until about 750 meters, then suddenly goes to "away" status (far off?) only NO indicator arrow of location.

Also I currently have a mystery REPETITIVE computer self shutdown issue I'm wrestling with currently.

Sheesh.

Anyway. I STILL love the game. Plane to work with the SDK ASAP.

Also the eradicate paramilitary mission. I killed all three bad guys, the mission says X meters away from the initial harbor area until about 750 meters, then suddenly goes to "away" status (far off?) only NO indicator arrow of location.

Ah, I think this is the one I meant. The locator is far away in the middle of the sea. Maybe one of the enemies is wrongly spawned there instead of on the island? Myers90, are you reading this? As far as I know you are the only one here who can actually edit maps…

Hi Wesp5,

I read that there are some problems with world coordinates in the game at times, can you tell me whether this applies to the 2nd Don Guillermo mission? I am trying to deliver two ambushed convoy trucks to his airfield. The coordinates indicate that I am 0m horizontally, 3m vertically out of place. I can't make the truck levitate 3m, so can't complete the mission. :(

If I can't proceed with his quests, I might have to restore my reputation with other groups and then earn money from them?

EDIT: Nevermind, the 3m vertical offset was misleading. I just had to deliver BOTH of the trucks to that general location.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom