Dragon Age - 25% Off on Steam

Asbjoern

N'wah
A bunch of games on Steam have had their prices reduced for a limited time period including Dragon Age: Origins which is 25% off at now 37.49€, but also the two MMORPGs Fallen Earth and Champions Online which is both 50% off their usual price.
Be quick though. The sale ends in 40 hours and 43 min from the posting of this newsbit, and then a new batch of games will be put on sale.
More information.

Yes, IMHO. The story is shot dead by sped-up speech that goes so fast it's hard (at least for this midwestern boy) to follow. Many missions take place in the exact same areas, too. But the shooting is good stuff and the graphics are very impressive. It shouldn't be hard to get 10 hours of fun out of it and $1/hr seems like a good deal to me.

Batman is a pretty good deal, too. They really did the cinematic fighting very well. Pity about the end boss fight but it's still a good 30 hours of fun.

Oh, and Impulse is selling Sins of a Solar Empire for $10. Add another $10 if you want the recent expansion. (They still won't put Gal Civ 2 on sale, though.)

Is Far Cry 2 worth it for 10 bucks?

Maybe. It is very repetitive in a repeating fashion where you do the same repetitive things again and again repeating them exactly as before. If you can stand the first half of the game the second half is a bit better.

Is Far Cry 2 worth it for 10 bucks?

I never got far into it. Bored me to tears. Repetitive, grind-like missions combine with endlessly respawning enemies for...well...boredom. The shooting action is good, the atmosphere and graphics are awesome, but the mission design would make me give it a thumbs-down, even at 10 bucks (also isn't it 15?)

Far cry2 is easily worth 10€ if you have good machine. Atleast som characters speak too fast but it didnt really bother me. The game is nice sandbox. Go where you want, do what you want.

49.99€ reduced to 37.49€? I paid less than 40 for it in a retailer and Steam were charging 50 for a digital copy!

Yep. For example, the game is selling for EUR 35.49 from Play.com (UK) including free shipping to most European destinations and it has been selling for that price for a long, long time already (basically since day 1, i.e. when the pre-ordering period started - I've never seen a higher price for the game on Play.com).
So fact is indeed that Steam's EUR 37.49 just isn't an overly good deal.

It's too expensive for a digital distribution version. What is the point of buying a digital copy then I bought the boxed version in my country approximately for 40 dollars.

I ussually buy from a digital download store which allows me to pay in $'s even if I live in europe..... this way for example I got risen for $45 instead of 45 euro which it would cost otherwise.

Yep. For example, the game is selling for EUR 35.49 from Play.com (UK) including free shipping to most European destinations and it has been selling for that price for a long, long time already (basically since day 1, i.e. when the pre-ordering period started - I've never seen a higher price for the game on Play.com).
So fact is indeed that Steam's EUR 37.49 just isn't an overly good deal.

Am I missing something here? If I add the import VAT (or whatever the correct English term might be, 19% here) to Play.com prices, it's not that cheap anymore. And while some packages may bypass customs, not paying the VAT would be a crime, and one might as well pirate the game.

Am I missing something here? If I add the import VAT (or whatever the correct English term might be, 19% here) to Play.com prices, it's not that cheap anymore. And while some packages may bypass customs, not paying the VAT would be a crime, and one might as well pirate the game.

Why would you add VAT to purchases made from countries outside the EU? You are exempt under £18.

Why would you add VAT to purchases made from countries outside the EU? You are exempt under £18.

I was quoting a post about Dragon Age for EUR 35.49.

Old(er) games are often available for cheap from Amazon.de etc., I'd only be interested in importing from Play.com if I can get new games for lower prices - without defrauding customs.

I was quoting a post about Dragon Age for EUR 35.49.
Oops yes sorry. Presumably Play will have already included VAT in that price then? They add it automatically for the UK so anything under £18 is without VAT, anything over has it included in the price.

Yup, no need to worry about not paying your tax from play.com - whatever is your requirement to pay is already included in the price. You'll not be defrauding anyone.

On a side note, I never buy from Steam or other digital sources for this simple reason - they're really expensive when compared to legitimate online stores such as play.com. Stupidly so. For DD to be an option for me they really need to get competitive with shop prices.

Back
Top Bottom