Elder Scrolls Online - Earnable Loot Boxes

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that if you like some grinding you can get ESO-loot-boxes for free:

Elder Scrolls Online loot box items will soon be earnable with in-game currency

Khajiit has wares if you have time to grind.

The forthcoming Update 30 for The Elder Scrolls Online, "Tentatively scheduled to launch in June", will add daily and weekly challenges called Endeavors. Completing these tasks will give players rewards like gold, experience, and a new currency called Seals of Endeavor that can be exchanged for items previously only available in crown crates--loot boxes that cost real-world money.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

I tried the free ESO trial who ran until last 13th April. I made an Orc and got to 7th level doing single-player quests only. While I found it fun and enjoyable, I decided not to buy it, at least not now. ESO seems to demand a lot of commitment and I don't want to commit to it right now.

It would be better if loot boxes were gone entirely. In my opinion this is Microsoft trying to get ahead of lawmakers who are increasingly looking to fine developers as per gambling law. I hope no-one is mistaking this as a sign of goodwill.

It would be better if loot boxes were gone entirely. In my opinion this is Microsoft trying to get ahead of lawmakers who are increasingly looking to fine developers as per gambling law. I hope no-one is mistaking this as a sign of goodwill.

It's certainly not that. It's more like a drug dealer giving someone a taste so they can get them on the hook.

Damn loot boxes…nothing but digital crack for the masses.:shakefist:

It's certainly not that. It's more like a drug dealer giving someone a taste so they can get them on the hook.

Disagree here. I hate lootboxes with a passion.
This game gives you currency for being subscribed that you can purchase the boxes already. There is no P2W stuff. If you haven't fallen victim to lootboxes in the 7 years its been going, this probably won't push you over the edge.

I've been playing over 4.5k hours, never subbed or purchased one loot box. I'm also in Five Trade Guilds with no craft bag. It can be done. Games are meant to be played I heard.

This game was the answer to my prayers. Each night I would lay in bed, close my eyes tight, and wish that, somehow, they could turn the Elder Scrolls into an MMO with lootbox microtransactions, instead of making new TES games. And lo, it came to pass!

I scarcely do anything else but play it, these days. Thank you, Wishing Star!

Wish-on-a-Star-Step-12.jpg

They did the same with Fallout but remember it's what the fans want.:sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom