Getting grumpy and ‘mean’

Ahh. Yet another example of not being entirely familiar with the finer details of English.

Well, well, the old ticker is just a bit annoying from time to time. Short episodes of moderate atrial tachycardia, nothing serious as long as the heart is in good shape, which it seems to be. I've no symptoms and wouldn't know about it if I didn't use a HR detector while exercising.

pibbur

Jolly good.

With regard to your English, it's very near perfect - a tiny error rate lower than most native speakers. I only corrected the grammar for "tendency" as you put a question mark over it. Many English speakers get that sort of thing wrong all the time.

I don’t agree. There is a difference between being grumpy and being annoying.
….

Hah!!! :)

pibbur who may have to redefine what he's training to be. And who still will post irritating songs.

PS:

Eye said:
When your friend suggests a restaurant but you’re in a bad mood so you say “That’s a stupid restaurant” — even though you don’t really mind it — then you’re being grumpy, meaning irritable or grouchy.
I would think that my friends would be annoyed if I did that. So while being grumpy may not be exactly the same as being annoying, those features tend to coexist. DS.

Training? Then I’d advise you to watch the entire BBC series of ‘Grumpy Old Men’. Here is a random pick:

Interesting.
Be careful, I might get grumpy. ;)
Thank you.

pibbur who is always (annoyingly to himself) eager to please.

Last edited:
Coke gives me the unpleasant feeling that it is changing my (hard) teeth into a (soft) sponge. So I never drink it.
I can not tolerate coffee.
I dislike MacDonalds.
I drink no alcohol because of health issues.

O, and since the weather seems to have decided it is high summer in Europe: I can not stand having to inhale the smoke of neighbours having a barbeque, smoking fish, or making a fire indoors or outdoors.
I dislike sun when the garden needs water, I curse the rain when going out.
I hate inhaling exhaust fumes when on a bicycle, I hate cyclists getting in my way when in a car.

“Getting… grumpy?”
Haha

I think you need some holidays!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jolly good.

With regard to your English, it's very near perfect - a tiny error rate lower than most native speakers. I only corrected the grammar for "tendency" as you put a question mark over it. Many English speakers get that sort of thing wrong all the time.

Thanks.

Whether I add a question mark or not, I'm always interested in improving my English, so to anyone: whenever you see an error, feel free to correct me. I won't be offended. On the contrary: I will appreciate it.

pibbur som gjerne vil gjøre det samme hvis han oppdager feil i et rpgwatch-medlems norsk ("who gladly will do the same whenever he detects errors in a watchers's Norwegian")

The Ripper posted the following picture in one of the Vogel threads:
Healthruwords.com_-_Inspirational_Images_-_Mental-Negativity.jpg

I have just one comment:

HAH!!!!

pibbur whose mind may actually (sometimes) be positive. But his true Selfl?….

PS: About Ms Jones. From pictures found on Google, she seems annoyingly pleasant. And from looking at her website, I have one comment:

DS.

Last edited:
Quote, not being original:
“Positive thinkers are dreamers.
Negative thinkers are realists.”
:)

Such negative nancies. I see I shall have to post positivity fridge magnets more often, until the proper level of good cheer is achieved.

Quote, not being original:
“Positive thinkers are dreamers.
Negative thinkers are realists.”
:)

Positive thinkers may be disappointed.
Negative thinkers will either be satisfied that they were right, or (un)pleasantly surprised.

A corollary (I've quoted this one before):
"A Norwegian is only in a good mood when he's in a bad mood.
But the fact that he's in a good mood, immediately makes him in a bad mood.
Therefore a Norwegian is always in a good mood."
Darwin P. Erlandsen, aka Frederik Stabel, president of Norsk Dusteforbund (the Norwegian Associatiojn of Jerks).

pibbur who is not (but like to be) a member of said organisation.

Such negative nancies. I see I shall have to post positivity fridge magnets more often, until the proper level of good cheer is achieved.

Don't even think about it. Or rather, please do. The more opportunities to be annoyed by someone, the better. :mad: :)))

pibbur who refuses to say more (for now)

That song has been stuck in my head since I posted that. Pibbur got revenge, even if he didn't read the post! Only one way to get that out.

That song has been stuck in my head since I posted that. Pibbur got revenge, even if he didn't read the post! Only one way to get that out.

Strangely, that song is so gloriously awful that it doesn't really make me grumpy, and the jolly fat bloke dancing to it doesn't annoy me enough, either.

Now I saw the link in your post, Zloth. Well, reminds me of some of Julie Andrews overly, bordering on annoyingly optimistic songs.

pibbur who refuses to comment on the video.

PS. Here's Edelweiss. DS.

Back
Top Bottom