DA2 Da 2 hypocrite

Dragon Age 2
If you can't cast a spell at some point it's because you don't see the target, move your character to a better position to do it. I didn't felt that point a problem because it put back more importance to movements. The best solution would be tactical and fog of war from the character controlled but DAO didn't had that too.

For me the negative point of the lack of tactical view is more that sometimes it takes me a lot of mouse seeking to find my target through some other. Anyway this isn't new stuff for me, Drakensang was working like that and that never removed the fun from its fights.

The Origins stories was a great design of DAO, I wish many RPG use the trick because it's very helpful in RPG, as often you'll play a bit few characters or even party composition before to stick to one. The only point was that it wasn't well balanced with only one origin for both mages, and dwarves with more origins but less classes.

The introduction of DA2 isn't fully successful it's more a sort of interactive movie. DA2 really starts at chapter 1. But this chapter 1 design is quite more hardcore than was DAO because it's really more for RPG pure players liking digging and there's no clear main story to drag you all along.

After playing further is anyone else getting annoyed with knowing people your character doesn't and view versa.when you run into someone you've meet and your character asks them who they are? What's a witch of the wilds? Haven't we been over that......oh that's right that was the other me. Then you run into someone you've never meet and your character say hey its been a long time what are you up to? It makes me feel more and more alienated from my character.its like oh yeah that's not my brother who died or my family i'm saving i'm just along for the ride. I can't believe people are raving about the story I hope it gets better and this feeling goes away.

Roleplay roleplay, your character you roleplay isn't supposed to know the wild witch unlike you because you played DAO. :)

Roleplay roleplay, your character you roleplay isn't supposed to know the wild witch unlike you because you played DAO. :)

I know as hard as I try though I can't block out the fact that I do know her:(

lol, no kidding… I swore that I'd never buy it, and had no interest in playing it.

That said, it's not too bad so far. I made a Rogue and modeled it after my DA rogue, and going from there.
Just remember that we're here to pat you on the back for when you reach act 2.

Until you actually play it I don't think you have any reason yet to call yourself a hypocrite. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised, or something.

If I had listened to all the talk surrounded Deus Ex 2 I would never have played it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the game, and while it wasn't as good as the first one, I enjoyed it and even thought that there were some aspects that were improved upon.

Can't really judge until you've played it for yourself.

My biggest problem w/ DE:IW was the unified ammo system - b/c it really just was weird to run out of ammo for one gun....and have no ammo for everything else b/c they all used the same ammo. WTH?

Also, story-wise - this unification of ammo is something they could've and should've explained, explaining how this unification came out in the game's story or some Codex or something. Since the game is all about conspiracy theories and whatnot, this could've been some interesting stuff.

I know as hard as I try though I can't block out the fact that I do know her:(

Well I joke you but I'm on the same boat on this point, but if it's your big problem with DA2 then don't worry it happens few time but overall it's very rare for the game contents size.

Back
Top Bottom