The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

went with sister for turkey day, thought i'ld be back on time. won't be. sorry, at least i can say something this time. have fun

Problems with Cannith Crafted Weapons

The devs have finally acknowledged there is a problem with some Cannith Crafted weapons. It seems to affect weapons with a red slot on it. It may also be related to old loot gen, but I'm not sure that's confirmed. Applying the "keen" property definitely triggers it, but that may or may not be the only one. TBD. It seems to be affecting only melee & ranged weapons.

What's happening is that if you craft on a weapon with a red slot on it, in some cases when you log off & come back, the weapon has lost it's properties, including the red slot. There is other weird stuff being reported as well. See thread below for details.

Cannith Crafted Weapons

FYI, I've crafted a couple of caster weapons with red slots & they've been fine. I'm also now being very careful, & only using new lootgen for weapons crafting.

I'll be damned if I can figure out what you people are doing in this thread. ;)

We play a regular online game of DDO every Friday evening (USA time) and we discuss what we're doing in this thread. Any registered member of the Watch is welcome to join us on the Khyber server where we host an RPGWatch Guild.

Aha. Nerdy stuff. ;)
Didn't know people still play NWN online and the like.

We play a regular online game of DDO every Friday evening (USA time) and we discuss what we're doing in this thread. Any registered member of the Watch is welcome to join us on the Khyber server where we host an RPGWatch Guild.

There's a lot of time zones in the US. Do you mean Eastern?

The Alt Group finished the remaining L2 quests, and did Redfang, WW1 & 2, and discussed the overall dislike of Catacombs. Two characters remain at level 3.

As to tomorrow, I will not be around most likely; I have rehearsal for the Christmas musical, followed by a Christmas dinner. Sunday I have another Christmas party, after the two services, so I will most likely not be on then either.

On a livestream, Cordovan mentioned a few possible Monk tweaks that may or may not make it into a December patch.

Code:
Monk finishers stunning bonus into dc
Ki shout cool down reduced to match intimidate
Meditation of War not considered a defense stance any more
Flashbang stunning mods added to dc

Ki bolt -- scale with 3X melee power and add stunning mods to dc

Incinerating wave scale with 3X melee power and add stunning dcs

Cauldron of flame raised to 1d2 damage per monk level scales with 2X Melee Power
+ While wielding a qstaff inside cauldron +20prr, +10mrr +15dodge that ignores the dodge cap

Serenity 20 percent attack speed with Qstaff
+Serenity in Cauldron +5 to hit and damage +2 crit multiplier

Henshin Mystic tier 5 - Henshin Staff Training +3 hit and damage with Qstaff

lighting the candle double damage roughly

Void Strike -- +1 to crit threat range and multiplier with its attack

Friday plans? Will we all be here?

What's the plan for Friday? Will be running the main group or alts? I've got Aryahnna to level 28, but don't know if I'll have her to 30 by Fri.

Impossible to answer because it depends on who will show up. If we get a full group we will do the 8th. If not we will probably do the alts.

If Corwin is missing we might consider running epics to help Aryahnna hit 30. If Corwin is present you need to make a d20 roll using your diplomacy skill and beat Corwin's resistance against running epic content. ;)

I'll be there, but I won't be running epics. I'm quite busy this weekend and have no patience for epics!! :)

I thought we planned to do the first 2 Sorrowdusk quests first before taking the level?

Originally, yes, but since the xp is so low anyway, there really isn't much reason to hold just for that. We lose maybe 500xp total by taking level, and Kerriakan gets level 5 spells (read, Raise Dead Corwin), along with the two Monks gaining Improved Evasion, and everyone getting a feat.

Great then, I shall take my level the next time I log on!!

For crafters, you can use unbound ML shards in combination with bound effect shards. I just bought an unbound ML28 on Mirys, and crafted bound Seeker and Accuracy shards together on a set of goggles.

On the subject of the TR Group 2016-2020 season, we might consider loosening the standards a bit. Currently, we run only when together, as always, and stay at level. As a result, we've been hitting Epics and the newly minted Alt TR group more often by far.

I suggest that we treat TR groups the same as the Alt group is currently. We alternate between the two groups to give those who miss a session a chance to keep up, but don't spend so much time worrying about streaks and staying strictly together. There is plenty of XP in the game, so bravery streak isn't necessary, and enough of us play through the week and weekend that we should be able to keep up any stragglers. Otherwise, we may not see this group done with before Christmas of next year.

Back
Top Bottom