Gothic - Possible Remake?

I think a new Gothic is a fine idea, but I'd prefer if it was a spiritual successor, rather than a remake.
Yep!
I don't think I'd play a mere remake. It's not Baldur's Gate after all. ;)

Gothic 2 is probably my most replayed game. Yet, I dont feel special thrill hearing about possibility of G1 remake done by some spanish THQ development team. Proper sequel, done by PB, that would be something to get excited about.

Gothic 2 is probably my most replayed game. Yet, I dont feel special thrill hearing about possibility of G1 remake done by some spanish THQ development team. Proper sequel, done by PB, that would be something to get excited about.
PB is done with Gothic they moved on/grew tired of the setting in their own words in past interviews. The announcement for next year is most likely going to be Elex 2.

Having never played Gothic 1, and spent significant hours play Gothic 2, NOTR, and 3 (and the rest of PB's games), this seems like great news and worth the wait. Sorry G1 purists, I hope the gameplay is like ... well any of their games... (plus modern graphics and quality of life inprovements) and I'll be happy.

Last edited:
PB is done with Gothic they moved on/grew tired of the setting in their own words in past interviews. The announcement for next year is most likely going to be Elex 2.

I am aware of that.

I am aware of that.
Well then nothing to get excited about as you said in your own words.

Also I highly doubt modern PB could even remake it right.

As already said the game is twenty years old, a lot has changed since then.

Well then nothing to get excited about as you said in your own words.

Also I highly doubt modern PB could even remake it right.

As already said the game is twenty years old, a lot has changed since then.

Yeah, and it might not be the most thankfull job to revisit your own work like that (as far as the original team is still present at PB?). Old customers won't like the new things. New customers won't like the old things.

They're probably glad to have moved on from that.

I refused to play it because the 10 mins of vid presentation already looked promising.
Promising as a prototype. In a remake I still want to see currently available technologies on PC, not a decade old ones. Some will say it's a matter of funding, but it's Gothic not some overrated handheld crapware. If the plan is to go as cheap as development of a phone lootboxes scam, then please, cancel the remake.
Also please keep the original combat as faithful to original as possible. Don't turn the game into dark souls clone just because dark souls sells, please.

What I'm saying is if they don't screw it up, it'll be a goty contender. If they do, I'll never see Anachronox remake. :(

Cool. I just hope they listen to the feedback. The demo looks promising, but rough around the edges. Also some design decisions seem wrong like constantly narrating protagonist and the lack of the signature total freedom of Gothic in some areas. Oh, and some graphical elements seem overdone.

I don’t need a remake. I doubt I’ll be playing it. I enjoyed the original, never bothered me that it was ‘outdated’ in some ways.
I’d more interested in a Gothic 4, or a prequel, Gothic 0 - in the style of Gothic 1 or 2.

Maybe they go for a decent sequel if the remake works out? I'll hope for the best, at least. :)

Back
Top Bottom