What games are you playing now?

The Christmas/New Year holiday rush saw me beat Heroes of Might and Magic 2, Baldur's Gate 2 (plus ToB), and Commander Keen 2. I only remembered beating the former two as I reached their final battles, while Keen 2 was simply one I'd never beaten that I could recall. After that, I beat 1000 Miglia, a racing game set in the late 20's/early 30's. Why? Why not?

I still need to go back to Breath of Fire 1 and finish it, but I got distra- squirrel! squirrel! I've also started slowly grinding away at Might and Magic 1, though it does not hold up nearly as well as later entries do.

I've been going back and beating games I've had for years, as I recently started keeping track (alongside my book list). The list is depressingly short, though between replays and just sheer forgetting after so many years, I don't know how short it really is. Less than 150 titles total that I can remember, not counting ones with no ending sequences like Sim City.

I finished Dark Quest two quicker than I thought I would, so yesterday I started a new game called Dead Age. I didn't get too far as of yet, but it seems like one of those zombie games where you have to manage a community as well. I'll likely be playing a bit more today or tomorrow.

... and after finishing Vaporum (nice one), I'm back on Crack Cocai... err playing Mount and Blade: Warband.

I'm still playing Fallout 76. Huge world to explore, just wish there were some npcs.

I finished Dead Age before I knew it. Fun game, maybe a bit much on having to manage camp details at some points, but still enjoyable. It occurred to me late in the game that you could probably exploit the heck out of just staying in constant combat, but I didn't actually try it.

Today I believe I'll be starting Tower of Time. I like what I've read and seen about this game, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Summer holidays so far have yielded some fun entertainment!

PC:
Avernum 3: Ruined World (complete)
Dark Souls 3: Ringed City DLC (Finished up last night; mixed thoughts on it.)
ELEX (Loving it more than Risen 2&3 so far despite the slightly hodgepodge setting. Fantastic exploration! The timing oriented nature of the melee combat reminds me very much of the first Witcher and the jetpack really adds some fun dynamics to proceedings.)

MAME:
Changes (1982) Orca (Obscure little game that plays like Ladybug meets Pacman)
MS Pacman (1981) Midway
Bosconian (1981) Namco
Lots of great vertical scrolling shmup's too. :)

Last edited:
I'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on tower of time. While I think it is well done I don't really like it that much. I'm about 1/2 way and will likely eventually finish it.
-

I finished Dead Age before I knew it. Fun game, maybe a bit much on having to manage camp details at some points, but still enjoyable. It occurred to me late in the game that you could probably exploit the heck out of just staying in constant combat, but I didn't actually try it.

Today I believe I'll be starting Tower of Time. I like what I've read and seen about this game, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

I dont know what it is with tower of time. I don't think it's bad, but once I stopped playing it for a while, I just could not find the motivation to get back into it.

I was seriously just chugging along on the first floor of the Tower, and then I ran into some mausoleum or crypt and got my face ripped off. I tried the fight another two times, then decided I'm either supposed to come back there later, or maybe with a fourth party member. I wouldn't even call that a set back or waste of time, as I really learned the limits of my current three person squad. So, I'll be heading back into the tower and see what happens next!

I think my problem is the game is very simplisitic and ?boring?. It just doesn't really grab me like some other games have - i mean it is well done for what it is but it lacks some zip.

I dont know what it is with tower of time. I don't think it's bad, but once I stopped playing it for a while, I just could not find the motivation to get back into it.

This weekend saw me playing Octopath Traveler. Absolutely fantastic battle system and music, and the art direction is wonderful. Certainly something I'd like to see more often. I wish there was a bit more to the story, though. It's oddly inconsistent at times as well (how is someone from the church or a man of arms so casually accepting of a thief?).

I think it would have been neat to have a common enemy among the group, like a force of power that strongarms them into discovering each other, so to speak (but then again that wouldn't fit with the name of the game). Still, the combat is a ton of fun. I'm almost through everyone's final chapter (two more to go), then the final boss is all that's left.

fall of light

Played for a few hours and if you like dark souls, this is definitely worth playing; its nowhere near salt & sanctuary, not too complex, but has great atmosphere and looks beautiful as well. COmbat can get annoying while locked on but its very enjoyable. ANother good thing, it counts how many times you died haha.

Tales of Vesperia on Switch, Subnautica on PS4, and Everspace Stellar on PC.
Aahhh, it's good to be a gamer!

I was down to the fifth floor in Tower of Time, then I got distracted by a Shining game that I'd never played, Shining in the Darkness. It's basically a old school dungeon crawler, I believe this one came out prior to the other Shining Force games, and so far I'm quite enjoying it. I would call it an old school game, but then again, so am I!!

Finally started Pathfinder. I've rolled a two handed fighter.
First impressions are pretty positive. The combat has a surprising and pleasing weight to it - it's satisfying when my character's swings connect. Graphics and music are great.
I had to turn off the voices though - Linzi's was a annoying me a great deal...

Back
Top Bottom