Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020

Default Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020

December 31st, 2020, 18:22
A little retrospective by Owlcat Games

They even made small infographics, apparently they doubled this year, and would already be preparing the next game (said in their last interview)? In August, someone had spotted a job offer for an artist on an unannounced turn-based sci-fi game, and there was some speculation about a possible Starfinder game. All bets are open.

In parallel, the beta of Wrath of the Righteous is about to begin!

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

December 31st, 2020, 18:34
Yep I shared the info about the possible turn-based sci-fi game.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45617

It'll be sacrilege to say it but I look forward to playing that game instead of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Now excuse I need to hide from the OwlCat Inquisition.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

December 31st, 2020, 18:38
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep I shared the info about the possible turn-based sci-fi game.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45617

It'll be sacrilege to say it but I look forward to playing that game instead of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Now excuse I need to hide form the OwlCat Inquisition.
You don't miss much, do you?

I like what I see in WotR, but a sci-fi setting would be very exciting and refreshing!

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

December 31st, 2020, 18:42
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
You don't miss much, do you?

I like what I see in WotR, but a sci-fi setting would be very exciting and refreshing!
I miss plenty of news but I was new-editor on this site for about two years. I used to do interviews with developers as well, but now I just have have a news thread.

Sad to see we have to wait for Wrath of the Righteous to be released for more info.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

January 1st, 2021, 00:10
I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games)

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 00:22
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games)

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.
I hope Starfinder is not a fantasy-science fiction mix or I'll not be interested. I don't like mixing warhammers with laser pistols.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 00:37
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I hope Starfinder is not a fantasy-science fiction mix or I'll not be interested. I don't like mixing warhammers with laser pistols.
I don't know much about Starfinder universe but people say its Pathfinder equivalent of D&D Spelljammer.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

January 1st, 2021, 02:33
I can only hope their future games will be less about boring trash fights and lifeless content - and more about interesting things to find!

DArtReturns

Mentioned: Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 03:27
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post

I don't hate Wrath of the Righteous just not as interested in this new setting then I was with Kingmaker. I also like to play other settings beside fantasy which is abundant.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

January 1st, 2021, 12:33
I wouldn't like a pure sci-fi setting, as in "plausible science of tomorrow" (think Alien movies back when it was released, or Galactica). I'd rather have a sci-fi fantasy game, something like KoTOR with a stronger setting and ruleset, and I hope it's the case with Starfinder but I don't really know it either.

Seems we all have different preferences

I do like fantasy (say, "medieval" fantasy? with kingdoms, warhammers and long bows), but I also feel we had a lot of that in CRPGs recently, and post-apocalyptic is a good alternative, but it's less joyful.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

January 1st, 2021, 13:45
While I'm not a big fan of sci-fi, I will check it out anyway since its from Owlcats

Who knows, maybe this will be the game that will make me like sci-fi setting.
--

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

January 1st, 2021, 15:50
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I wouldn't like a pure sci-fi setting, as in "plausible science of tomorrow" (think Alien movies back when it was released, or Galactica). I'd rather have a sci-fi fantasy game, something like KoTOR with a stronger setting and ruleset, and I hope it's the case with Starfinder but I don't really know it either.

Seems we all have different preferences

I do like fantasy (say, "medieval" fantasy? with kingdoms, warhammers and long bows), but I also feel we had a lot of that in CRPGs recently, and post-apocalyptic is a good alternative, but it's less joyful.
Bethesda's new game Starfield should be early sci-fi. Though you prefer CRPGS.

Still Starfinder is basically Pathfinder in space.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

January 1st, 2021, 19:54
Nah, RPG are fine too I'm actually quite interested in Starfield, if it's well done.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020