Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020

Default Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020

December 31st, 2020, 18:22
A little retrospective by Owlcat Games


They even made small infographics, apparently they doubled this year, and would already be preparing the next game (said in their last interview)? In August, someone had spotted a job offer for an artist on an unannounced turn-based sci-fi game, and there was some speculation about a possible Starfinder game. All bets are open.

In parallel, the beta of Wrath of the Righteous is about to begin!
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#1

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2020, 18:34
Yep I shared the info about the possible turn-based sci-fi game.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45617

It'll be sacrilege to say it but I look forward to playing that game instead of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Now excuse I need to hide from the OwlCat Inquisition.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#2

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 25,309
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

December 31st, 2020, 18:38
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep I shared the info about the possible turn-based sci-fi game.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45617

It'll be sacrilege to say it but I look forward to playing that game instead of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Now excuse I need to hide form the OwlCat Inquisition.
You don't miss much, do you?

I like what I see in WotR, but a sci-fi setting would be very exciting and refreshing!
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

December 31st, 2020, 18:42
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
You don't miss much, do you?

I like what I see in WotR, but a sci-fi setting would be very exciting and refreshing!
I miss plenty of news but I was new-editor on this site for about two years. I used to do interviews with developers as well, but now I just have have a news thread.

Sad to see we have to wait for Wrath of the Righteous to be released for more info.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#4

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 25,309
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 00:10
I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games)

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#5

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,094
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 00:22
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games)

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.
I hope Starfinder is not a fantasy-science fiction mix or I'll not be interested. I don't like mixing warhammers with laser pistols.
Silver is offline

Silver

Silver's Avatar
Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

#6

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8,302
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 00:37
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I hope Starfinder is not a fantasy-science fiction mix or I'll not be interested. I don't like mixing warhammers with laser pistols.
I don't know much about Starfinder universe but people say its Pathfinder equivalent of D&D Spelljammer.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#7

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,094
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 02:33
I can only hope their future games will be less about boring trash fights and lifeless content - and more about interesting things to find!

DArtReturns

Guest

#8

Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 03:27
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I'm opposite to Couch - can't wait for full release of WotR but not too excited for new sci-fi TB game (I like my fantasy RTwP games)

Well, the popular speculation is it will be a Starfinder game but could be Iron Gods Pathfinder module or even a new IP. Personally, I hope it will be Iron Gods but think more likely a Starfinder game.
I don't hate Wrath of the Righteous just not as interested in this new setting then I was with Kingmaker. I also like to play other settings beside fantasy which is abundant.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#9

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 25,309
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 12:33
I wouldn't like a pure sci-fi setting, as in "plausible science of tomorrow" (think Alien movies back when it was released, or Galactica). I'd rather have a sci-fi fantasy game, something like KoTOR with a stronger setting and ruleset, and I hope it's the case with Starfinder but I don't really know it either.

Seems we all have different preferences

I do like fantasy (say, "medieval" fantasy? with kingdoms, warhammers and long bows), but I also feel we had a lot of that in CRPGs recently, and post-apocalyptic is a good alternative, but it's less joyful.
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#10

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 13:45
While I'm not a big fan of sci-fi, I will check it out anyway since its from Owlcats

Who knows, maybe this will be the game that will make me like sci-fi setting.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#11

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,094
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 15:50
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I wouldn't like a pure sci-fi setting, as in "plausible science of tomorrow" (think Alien movies back when it was released, or Galactica). I'd rather have a sci-fi fantasy game, something like KoTOR with a stronger setting and ruleset, and I hope it's the case with Starfinder but I don't really know it either.

Seems we all have different preferences

I do like fantasy (say, "medieval" fantasy? with kingdoms, warhammers and long bows), but I also feel we had a lot of that in CRPGs recently, and post-apocalyptic is a good alternative, but it's less joyful.
Bethesda's new game Starfield should be early sci-fi. Though you prefer CRPGS.

Still Starfinder is basically Pathfinder in space.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Laziest Man Alive

#12

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Banana Republic of America
Posts: 25,309
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 1st, 2021, 19:54
Nah, RPG are fine too I'm actually quite interested in Starfield, if it's well done.
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#13

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Owlcat Games Says Goodbye to 2020
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:16.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch