Gothic 2 GoG Gothic 2 Gold Health Hotkey

Oldboy

Watcher
Hello,

I just recently installed the GOG games version of Gothic 2 Gold on my computer. The game runs perfect but I cannot enable the health hotkey. I altered the Gothic 2 ini file to enable it but it does not seam to work. Has anyone been able to turn on the hotkey for the health potion on the GOG version of Gothic 2 Gold?

With the Disc version on my older computer it worked just fine when I modded the ini file but it does not appear to work with the GOG version. Any tips would be appreciated. I just cant seam to figure it out.

Thanks!!!

I have the health key enabled on my GOG G2. I have an old version from when GOG first got it. I know the current version is slightly different since you can't install the non-Notr game.

just to be clear, you set usepotions=1 in GothicII/system/gothicgame.ini

Fragonard,

Thanks for the reply!! The version I have from GoG has the night of the raven. Its weird because I checked a ton of times and I did set the ini file 1. I also found that I cannot enable the quick save option either. I spent a ton of time looking online and I have yet to find a solution.

Thanks again for the reply!

Oldboy, I see that you have asked at the GOG Gothic forum; you have a good chance of getting an answer there. Good luck.

BTW, both old and new versions have NOTR it's just that with the old version you have the option to Not install NOTR and play the original game.

Sorry about the "dumb" question Oldboy but are you sure you have saved the file as *.ini and not as a *.txt file? Also, make sure to run the game as an administrator.

Moriendor,

Running the game as administrator was the step I was missing!!!! As soon as I did that the option for health potions showed up. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom