Jedi Fallen Order - a "new hope" after Order 66

Actiony game with exploration and environment puzzles is also Assassins Creed series. Maybe also Uncharted (never played that so can't know for sure). Does that make Star Wars another Assassin Creed?
And you still can't walk on walls in Assassin Creed.

Wallswalker. Defying gravity. Find that title. If there is none other, well, then Star Wars is a title of it's own that should be used as some future wallswalker game reference.

Just as Dishonored used the unique blink superpower for environment puzzles and actiony style - but that superpower ain't no wallswalker.

Note that I base my opinion strictly on star wars gameplay trailer as I'm not interested in platformers regardless of their quality.
There was absolutely nothing Tomb Raider in there. No triangular boobs from classic ones, no spectacular hair from modern ones, some pet robot so the guy doesn't appear as loco talking to himself unlike always alone and lonely Lara, no blood and gore when the guy dies causing a sadistic player (me) to deliberately allow bears or wolves to massacre him, no damned bows or dual guns!
There is only one thing both games have in common. No ewoks!

Last edited:
Yep, you can go on nitpicking on irrelevant details or you can help another gamer to better estimate a game. ;)

Sorry, I'd feel as I'm misleading someone if I don't say what I think.

The game, if it's exactly as seen in the gameplay vid, is a trashmob respawning dark soulsy platformer where respawns aren't as excessive as in dark souls with potentially a better story (assuming dark souls has a story at all). ;)

Note that I base my opinion strictly on star wars gameplay trailer

This is all we need to know about Joxers posts in this thread. As to say their irrelevant, and he gives Chien a hard time about commenting after just watching streams.

Anyway as others that have actually played the game have said, This is no souls clone, unfortunately. I was hoping it would be. It’s definitely more tomb raider-esque. I’d say so far it’s about 70% platforming and 30% combat which is too bad as I’m not a big fan of platforming.

Dunno why am I even replying on that post, but a thought came into my mind after the first sentence and kept cycling. Says:
Apples and potatoes.

No I don't know where oranges disappeared.

This is, according to some in this thread, Tomb Raider:

While this is the real Tomb Raider (with hints turned on):

Are some of you blind?

Dunno why am I even replying on that post, but a thought came into my mind after the first sentence and kept cycling. Says:
Apples and potatoes.

No I don't know where oranges disappeared.

This is, according to some in this thread, Tomb Raider:

While this is the real Tomb Raider (with hints turned on):

Are some of you blind?

So I should post 10 seconds of the Witcher 3 combat, locking on and rolling around and call the Witcher 3 a dark souls clone? Give me a break.

Comment after you’ve played it.

You? No. Find a random video from a known source just like I did that shows not only QTE but also graphics/sound/movement difference.

No, I will not play the not tomb raider but darksouls platformer. And will still comment. Unless a forum rule gets added: if you didn't play a game, shut your trap.

You? No. Find a random video from a known source just like I did.

No, I will not play the not tomb raider but darksouls platformer.

That’s the difference between you and II. I’ll believe my eyes.

Nice to see you’re now a Chien clone.:lol:

Your eyes, eh? Said above already. Some on this forum seem to be blind.

Your eyes, eh? Said above already. Some on this forum seem to be blind.

But you’re saying it, so it means nothing.

Let’s believe Joxer who watched a video over people who actually played and some completed the game. :lol:

Your drugs are in full effect today.

@sakichop;
I don’t see how your last line could convince somebody of your PoV.

Both of you:
Stick to the topic at hand, play the ball not the person.

I want to point out that (for me as a non-expert in action games) the game really has a nice difficulty (on normal).
You learn to fight the mobs quite easily. But the boss fights are hard. Each took me 3-7 tries. And in each boss fight I learned a lot thinking to have "mastered" combat. But the next boss fight always has been equally challenging for another reason as the bosses' fighting styles vary.
I'm not someone you gives combat a high priority in games but I think that's really a strong point of the game.

I still hate the save system and now the lack of fast travel because of collecting stuff: There are 2 (major) types of collectibles: chests and secrets. On the 3-holo-map for each type it's displayed how many of them are in a certain area and how many you've found. Chests are irrelevant (for me) as they only contain visual customization options. But in secrets places there's (always?) so called essence to be found. If you collect enough of it your maximum force or life increases. So I really like to find all the secrets.
But if you miss a secret in a certain are, there's no easy way back. You can't fast travel. Yes, there are shortcuts but more often than not I just can't simply find a way back. The 3D-holo-map is unclear when there are multiple levels and areas being semi-transparent and covering each other.
That's really frustrating.

That’s the difference between you and II. I’ll believe my eyes.
Usually, this is what people use when they watch streams: their eyes.
Nice to see you’re now a Chien clone.:lol:
Unlikely.

Watching streams came as a result of a request from this site: opinions based on personal experience was not deemed enough.

So maybe time for people on this site to apply it to themselves and start watching streams. Their personal experience is no more relevant than any one else's.

That would mean not operating on double standards though.
Each took me 3-7 tries.

The definition of hard, difficult. As pointed out in a previous post.

I think it would be advisable to everyone to stop the reductive characterization of games as ‘X clones’. Divine Divinity is not simple a ‘Diablo clone’, or Jedi Knight a ‘Doom clone’ or Jedi Fallen Order a Dark Souls or Tomb Raider clone. Does EVERY game borrow things from other games? Absolutely ... but calling something a clone is never intended to be a positive statement, and basically NEVER leads to a more constructive conversation. Sure you can use things as jumping off points for a discussion, like saying that it makes sense to think of ‘The Mandalorian’ as a spaghetti western in a Star Wars universe ... but that is just the start of the conversation.

@sakichop;
I don’t see how your last line could convince somebody of your PoV.

Both of you:
Stick to the topic at hand, play the ball not the person.

Maybe not, but he openly brags about drug use so it was a sincere statement.

You’re right though in the future ill stick to just the topic or better yet just ignore him when i feel he’s being totally unreasonable.

I think it would be advisable to everyone to stop the reductive characterization of games as ‘X clones’. Divine Divinity is not simple a ‘Diablo clone’, or Jedi Knight a ‘Doom clone’ or Jedi Fallen Order a Dark Souls or Tomb Raider clone.
Yep. But I think noone called it a Tomb Raider clone. :)

non-action star wars is not possible.

I rather belief that this belief is rather prejudice.

Great inventions cme at a point when everybody thought that "this is not posible".

It is possible ! It is just so that nobody is capable of thinking out of their borders.

Possible? Sure.
Would it sell? Unsure.

@Alrik Fassbauer;

Didn't the older mmo star wars galaxies kind of try that path of non violence/non action? I never played it myself, but I vaguely recall the game allowing people to try all kinds of roles from traders and farmers to doctors and musicians, but at the end of day most people liked being that bad ass mercenary or smugler, x-wing pilot or lets face it: The jedi (or sith): The ultimate star wars icon.

I do get the social aspect and allure of star wars of which in my opinion both Kotors tackled pretty well through quests, companions and dialog, but let's say that you removed combat and all kinds of other action elements, wouldn't there be something crucial missing? I think the game would get pretty dry sooner or later. Perhaps this could work if devs would then put more emphasis on puzzles or some other kind of gameplay elements such as crafting and exploring, but I don't think it would sell very well.

And if we think star wars as a series of films, in the orginal films and to be more precise in return of the jedi, Luke makes the decision of non violence, by throwing away his lightsaber which in turn makes emperor loose his temper which basicly forces Vader to let go dark side and save his son. But it was never about solving this coflict without action. Luke's decision compelled Vader to act and throw the old man into abyss and thus bringing balance to the force. Or atleast untill they invented the silly idea of clone emperors and other kind of bs. :p

Back
Top Bottom