Jedi: Fallen Order - Impressions

I sort of play with M&K. My "keyboard" is Razer Orbweaver and I use deathadder mouse. This means my mouse is till used for camera control (I hate analogy sticks on controllers) and attacks and remap the keys on Orbweaver which has far better and convenient key placement than standard keyboard. So I get best of both world with this setup and I have no issues. This is how I played DS3 and all other games.

I highly recommend Razer Orbweaver for PC players. Its takes best of keyboard and controller into one and you still get the precision of mouse movement and turning.

Yeah, i played all the DS games on pc with mainly M&K.

I have a merc stealth keyboard which has an additional key cluster. I wouldn’t ever want to game on a standard keyboard after using this. I was afraid mine my brake at some point so I bought 2 more used ones just in case as they’re discontinued.

41jxpXCYLKL._SX466_.jpg

Thanks for the impressions : I'm quite certain that I won't buy it. It's not my kind of games.

Besides, anyoine who plays SWTOR can get a similar pet when logging in into SWRTOR until … I think it was December, 10th.
https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20191112

Thanks for the impressions : I'm quite certain that I won't buy it. It's not my kind of games.

Yet made for SW fans.

Excellent product for streamers, easy to stream, it has no difficulty in it, linear, story focused and can be completed in less than 15 hours.

Good product for streamers and their viewership.

The day a SW fan stops watching SW movies, the day they stop being a fan.

This product is excellent for streaming, EA listened to customers. And made for streaming products are either better streamed or watched being streamed.

I am begging to see this pattern in Fallen Order as well. I am in the second and third planet and there are plenty of shorts . There are plenty full bonfires too and you can also skip mobs etc. This game doesn't have the same tension DS as combat is easy but its pretty good so far.
So either I'm playing this game "wrong" or I'm not good enough. I keep on having to replay segments. I'm on the second planet (with the tomb) and reached the main objective. But I didn't return to the ship but kept on wandering around. I came to an area with quite string monsters with no way back to the ship (no fast travel). I died a 2-3 times and needed to beat the same monsters again and redo the jump&run parts. That's an absolute immerion killer for me.

Being a huge SW fan, I was very close to buying it until I read this thread. That sort of savegame system is painful. How does it compare to the system in Shadow of Mordor? That system was bad, but not terrible, mainly because it was much easier to get around than in DS etc.

So either I'm playing this game "wrong" or I'm not good enough. I keep on having to replay segments. I'm on the second planet (with the tomb) and reached the main objective. But I didn't return to the ship but kept on wandering around. I came to an area with quite string monsters with no way back to the ship (no fast travel). I died a 2-3 times and needed to beat the same monsters again and redo the jump&run parts. That's an absolute immerion killer for me.

When you "finish" the main objective, you are in a room with a puzzle and you will need to solve that puzzle to open up the way out. Its the puzzle with 3 balls which you can move with the force push ability. Two of the three balls are sort of hidden but again once you have the force push you can get the balls.

Once you open the way, you are not done. There is lot more after that. You will be back tracking to the ship via old/new path. You will see lot of steams from the ground which was not there before and you can use those to jump very high. One the way back, you will unlock ability for your droid to hack "locked" chest and doors etc. The way back is lot quicker but you might still need to kill couple of mobs. Also there is boss fight just before the ship.

Did you die to the Guardians? Again they are dead easy once you have the force push ability and use them properly on them. One of codex thing you unlock explains how to do it.

Last edited:
Being a huge SW fan, I was very close to buying it until I read this thread. That sort of savegame system is painful. How does it compare to the system in Shadow of Mordor? That system was bad, but not terrible, mainly because it was much easier to get around than in DS etc.

This game has LOT less mobs than DS. I would say about 80% less mobs than DS games so even if you die, you are not killing 100s of mobs to get you where you were. We are talking about 10 mobs max. Other thing is that you have multiple difficulty levels and even on the 3rd highest its noting compared to DS.

This game is a platformer and DS and Shadow of Mordor are not. Most of my deaths in this game are due falling down since I missed timed my jumps! Also this game is a puzzle even more than DS so you will spend lot of timing finding your way. I would say so far, 60% of my time is running around and figuring out how to get to places. Combat is about 30% and rest 10%. As you can see combat is not a huge factor at all.

So far I am actually enjoying the platformer aspect and puzzle solving nature of it since I have been able to figure most of the stuff without too much trouble but I can see why some people may not like this or I might begin to hate them if they get too annoying!

Also unlike Shadow of Mordor, jump timing matter. In Shadow of Mordor and Assassin Creed, your character will easily latch on stuff but not here so timing matter and where you jump matter as well.

Also Shadow of Mordor is very "open" world and its not a puzzle .

All my impression are based on the first 3 planets in the game and I don't know how many more plants to go!

Last edited:
Yep- I'll wait for this to be heavily discounted. I dislike a) save resrictions, b) respawns in general, esp for no good game reason c) control schemes designed for controllers (since I suck at those) d) platformer elements …In fact the only thing I like, based on report above, is the fact that it's in the SW universe. Certainly not a good enough reason to part with so many $'s. Pity there's so little interesting on the horizon game-wise.

c) control schemes designed for controllers (since I suck at those)
I wouldn't sign that. I tried to play with Steam controller but switched back to M+K which works a lot better for me. (I have some controller experience having played the Tomb Raider reboot with controller as well as sports games from time to time.)

And yes, I suggest waiting for a discount or playing it with a single month of EA Access subscription.

And it is not over. The main watched streamer had to try four times before killing the last boss.
I'm ok with needing multiple tries on boss fights. But I don't like having to replay fights I've already won before.

@Eye; I am not sure why we have two threads for the same game. Maybe should be merged as we are taking about the same stuff?

@Couchpotato; @wolfgrimdark;

Yes I know I said its like DS but after nearly half way thorough, I will take that back :) This game only borrows some surface level DS mechanics and that's its. This game is not DS at all since what makes a "true" DS game are the boss fights and nothing come close as none thing in this game has made me cry or break my keyboard :lol:

This is good fun game but its really platformer at its heart. I am having fun but for different reasons :)

As lostforever said this game is much more platformer than combat. I’m not a fan of that really but it’s not too bad I guess.

More disappointing is that 99% of all loot is cosmetic and doesn’t affect any stats. As far as I can tell they’re are no stats of any kind anyway. Just abilities to pick.

THis kills exploration for me as I don’t care to navigate all the platforming just to change the color of my armor, lightsaber or ship. Very disappointing.

It’s a bit of an odd game for me. I keep running in to design decisions that I don’t care for but somehow I’m still somewhat enjoying the game.

@Eye; I am not sure why we have two threads for the same game. Maybe should be merged as we are taking about the same stuff?
Doing that won’t improve readibility because all posts are placed in order of time, so after merging it’ll be a mess.

I looked into it some more and even less interested than I was when I started :p Ah well glad some are enjoying it. Totally not my kind of game though.

There are trainers that are out for the game that give things like unlimited health and unlimited force so perhaps something to help for those having trouble. I would not buy this game myself, for a few reasons.

I would rather just play one of the newer Tomb Raider games if I'm going to play a game in that style, where jumping is a big part of the game. I have them waiting patiently for me to play in my games backlog already. Plus, I hate respawning systems, such as the one described, and lastly, really don't even like the Star Wars universe any more either, lol. It's an easy decision for me to skip this.

I'm ok with needing multiple tries on boss fights. But I don't like having to replay fights I've already won before.

That means spamming the save option when it is available. Any product that includes failure leads players to replay segments of it, except when spamming save options after every step.

That means spamming the save option when it is available.
Or having savepoints before every encounter. I actually don't care how it is implemented.
Any product that includes failure leads players to replay segments of it, except when spamming save options after every step.
That might be semantics but I say that loosing a fight right after saving is a failure as well. So products (btw. which products are we talking about besides games?) with save anywhere include failure as well. The difference is that I only have to replay the very part I failed at.
But a system with multiple challenges between save points just isn't something for me. I interpret it as just artificially prolonging game time and killing immersion.
Instead of a story mode I'd rather have a save anywhere feature with tougher combat.

Any product is not a game, a game is gameplay related.

Consumption habits indeed. Except by spamming the save option, failing leads to replay a more or less sizeable segment.

One solution for devs is to pay specific attention to making their products easy enough so players do not fail.

Back
Top Bottom