Gaming BS of the week

PCGamer's trick or treat:
https://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-has-quietly-entered-a-new-golden-age/
Capcom has entered a new golden age

With Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 Remake, the publisher has already put out two GOTY contenders in 2019.

DSO's review on DMC5:
Devil May Cry 5 Review: So Stylish, Very Thrilling, & Too Dull

I have no idea when humanity started praising dumbness, but it's still ongoing, it's bullshit and it needs to stop.

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/vectordash-rents-gpus-cloud-gaming,news-60158.html
TechCrunch reported yesterday that Vectordash, which is part of the popular Y Combinator startup program, will let people with high-end GPUs rent them out to enable the company's cloud-based gaming service. Similar platforms exist--and game streaming is becoming increasingly popular with large companies--but Vectordash wants to reduce the upfront costs of starting one of these services by using these underutilized graphics cards.

The company reportedly plans to pay between $65 and $105 per month for the rights to use someone's GPU. Then it will charge people who don't have dedicated graphics cards $28 per month to stream games from its platform. Vectordash is specifically targeting Mac owners, presumably because many of Apple's products only feature integrated graphics, but we wouldn't be surprised if PC users will be invited in at some point.

Vectordash makes some pretty boastful claims on its website: the company said that its platform "gives you unlimited access to terabytes of games without having to install them locally" and allows you to "play the latest AAA-titles in 4K at 60 FPS." TechCrunch clarified that Vectordash would limit performance based on the user's location, and because it wants to limit latency to 20-30ms, will only be available in the Bay Area to start.
One might ask why did I put this here and not in tech help or elsewhere on the site.
The answer is simple. It's sort of "geoblocked" and "appleexclusive".

Give it to the whole world without discrimination so everyone finally trashes Nintendo Gameboys.

Last edited:
Missed this 2 days ago, was doing something else over the weekend…
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/03/15/...replies-make-developers-less-likely-to-engage
BioWare Community Manager Says Hostile Replies Make Developers Less Likely to Engage
So fans should not be angry with predatory monetization and with being treated like trash it they want developers to engage. Says the community manager a year or more after shutting down official Bioware's forums and de facto silencing those very same fans.
Anyone knows someone in Hollywood? This would make a nice comedy.

Guys, is there one month without any bullshit by EA? One months? They are so persistent and stable in this "field of work". Its probably their expertise. :)

Youtuber blacklisted by EA because of his negative review of Anthem

:lol:

https://twistedvoxel.com/youtuber-negative-anthem-review-blacklisted-ea/

Well, that youtuber was a little naive or crazy guy because he was member of some EA program (its funny how they give fancy names to their dirty scams) - basically he was paid by EA to give positive reviews or pretty much positive content but he - for some reason - produced pretty negative one. So his video was taken down by YT on request of EA. Bad investment for EA. :biggrin:

Guys, is there one month without any bullshit by EA?
There isn't. Here is one more:
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/ea-broadcast-center-reveal-1203164332/
EA Unveils New Competitive Gaming Studio

Between competitive tournaments, EA said the new studio will act as a full content creation venue and host new esports-related shows.

ea-broadcast-center-1.jpg

I think this is more appropriate picture:

public_toilets_6201.png

Guys, is there one month without any bullshit by EA? One months? They are so persistent and stable in this "field of work". Its probably their expertise. :)

Youtuber blacklisted by EA because of his negative review of Anthem

:lol:

https://twistedvoxel.com/youtuber-negative-anthem-review-blacklisted-ea/

Well, that youtuber was a little naive or crazy guy because he was member of some EA program (its funny how they give fancy names to their dirty scams) - basically he was paid by EA to give positive reviews or pretty much positive content but he - for some reason - produced pretty negative one. So his video was taken down by YT on request of EA. Bad investment for EA. :biggrin:

Blacklisting youtuber’s Sounds like a positive to me.

Avoiding Electronic Arts in general works wonders for me. I highly advise it, if those types of pathetic attempts at creating games just angers or frustrates you, choose to ignore them! Your day will be much improved. The types games that they made back in the eighties and nineties are not done by them anymore.

Blacklisting youtuber’s Sounds like a positive to me.
Well skip these next videos then.:p

Last edited:
No, I couldn't find a thread to post it in. I actually looked for a submit news item but couldn't find it so I was lazy and pasted it here. I could swear there used to be an easy way to submit links to news items.

Those specs do seem high. Maybe they’re targeting 4K. I just bought the game on ps4 and even on it the game is impressive looking. So some higher requirements don’t surprise me.

EA fired 350 employees this week.

Link - https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/26/...-350-people-the-most-under-ceo-andrew-wilson/

At least it's not 800 employees like Blizzard fired a few months back.:roll:

What's causing these big layoffs? (Also, how big are these layoffs relative to the size of the companies?) Has the videogame market changed? Are these companies not making enough money? Or have they just realized that these people are not necessary to their core business?

Business 101 it's called downsizing to save money. EA does it every year but as the article said EA likely made these moves because it's stock price has fallen.

Now as for Blizzard it's due to new management, shareholders, and not releasing new games. The reports cited they fired 8% of their workforce for better financial results.

Also EA is probably bleeding a bit - i didn't read their fiancials but from the news posting it sounds like they are not making huge profits.

However, blizzard is what I HATE about corporate america. It isn't about improving the company prospect (short term or long term) it is about short term STOCK PRICE. That is just ugly and there are a *lot* of companies doing similar thing.

---
Ok dug out the report. They (EA) really aren't doing that badly:
----

Three Months Ended
December 31,

2018 2017
(in $ millions, except per share amounts)
Digital net revenue 908 780
Packaged goods and other net revenue 381 380
Total net revenue 1,289 1,160

Net income (loss)* 262 (186 )
Earnings (loss) per share* 0.86 (0.60 )

Operating cash flow 954 849

Value of shares repurchased 292 150
Number of shares repurchased 3.2 1.4
------

Business 101 it's called downsizing to save money. EA does it every year but as the article said EA likely made these moves because it's stock price has fallen.
---

Now as for Blizzard it's due to new management, shareholders, and not releasing new games. The reports cited they fired 8% of their workforce for better financial results.

Back
Top Bottom