DA:O Redcliffe: Can I do this?

Dragon Age: Origins
Noooo! After going through the entire mages tower thing, and saving the circle, blah blah, I return to Redcliffe to find it a ghost village, after the attack took place in the night…. *hairpull*

I apologise for my incredibly crap information.

I apologise for my incredibly crap information.

Don't worry I don't hate you… :p ;) (That much :D )

My own fault, I suppose, for not having asked you in more detail before I stormed off to the Circle Tower… :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have at least now started to appreciate Leliana a bit more, since I've taken her with for a change, to the Redcliffe battle.

EDIT: Actually, I'd be interested to see how the more difficult aspects of the mage's circle will compare in difficulty to my previous experience with it, if I do Redcliffe first, and then tackle the mage's tower again afterwards…

I might want to do the Brecilian woods first, though.
I'm not eager to run through those mazes in the Fade like a rat in a cage again very soon.

Last edited:
Right. Some more interesting comparisons:
I did the fight in the Redcliffe castle up to the courtyard and including killing the Revenant quite easily after I'd done the mage's tower.

With my reload, (from before I went to the Tower) the battle in the night went quite well, since the undead came in small spaced groups, so it was actually quite easy to pick them off from a ranged distance, and just finish them off with melee after they'd closed in. The undead in the castle were not a problem either, but the revenant crushes my party like we are paper dolls...

In the previous party where I beat him easily, I had Wynne, and in this party, I have Leliana.

In Leliana's defence, she was the last to die.... Alistair went first. :(

We need a database :)

I helped out the Redcliffe villagers in the first daylight battle but after going through the tunnel I couldn't get past the Mabari pack in Redcliffe so I left Redcliffe and did the Elven quests line. After meeting the Lady of the Forest my party was levelled up more and with more good kit so I came back to deal with the hounds and the Revenant in the castle courtyard and I'm in the cleared courtyard
Hoping that I can get to the night battle and save Redcliffe

Spoiler tags set where necessary above, I can't see the spoiler text in Preview but fingers crossed. I'll find another way to set spoilers if needed. Just so's you know I'm awake and not a chump :)

Edit: can't see the spoiler text so using select-to-view spoilers. Will search for hints on how to set spoiler tags so they work. Irony yep :)

Hmm has to be something in the set-spoiler option line. Something anything for now until the cavalry arrives :)

Peter

Last edited:
You've got to go to the "advanced" window for the spoiler tags. I suppose I should have put a spoiler warning in the heading, but I figured anybody who has not done Redcliffe yet, would figure that a thread about Redcliffe would have spoilers about Redcliffe. :)

Interesting experiences you're having, Evan. It's very interesting to see exactly what triggers what in the game.
I've reached the boy Connor in the castle, and been discussing a certain dilemma regarding him.
I'm supposed to go to the mages to find help.

I was tempted to go to the Elves first, just to give me a break from that damn mage's tower, but then I decided I'd rather not tempt fate a second time…. :p

Hmm has to be something in the set-spoiler option line. Something anything for now until the cavalry arrives
Heh, I just put a "." there...

Thanks Rivian!

It's very interesting to see exactly what triggers what in the game.

Yes this one looks as if it can stand another playthrough. Or two or more yes, very impressive indeed and the back-stories have started sinking in

On triggers-

I got a shock coming back to Redcliffe when I saw a very movielike scene where an assassin is being sent out to deal with me and my party by those treacherous guys from the opening. I'm getting twitchy :)
Peter

Wow, I had no idea that was an option. I've done Redcliffe twice, and both times the same thing happened:
1. I defended the village.
2. I entered the castle.
3. The kid went to his room.
4. I went to the mages for support.
5. I saved the day and everyone was happy.

Guess I should try changing the order around a bit to see the different outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom