Red Dead Redemption

As for the woman, I think it is a throw-back to the GTA box arts which always has a pretty woman.

Why ? Is she looking ugly ?

Just found this list for 100% completion:
-Complete all 57 Story Missions
-Collect all 5 Rare Weapons
-Collect all 9 Outfits (More than 9 in the game, but a specific 9 are needed for 100%)
-Buy all 13 Houses (Rentals do not count)
-Work all 5 Jobs
-Beat all 8 Gang Hideouts (7 for Xbox 360)
-Get Legendary Status in/Complete all 4 Challenges (Hunting, Treasure, Sharpshooting, Survivalist).
-Complete all 20 Bounty Locations.
-Help all 18 Strangers (There are 19 in the game! *I know you* Does not COUNT!*)
-Win all 6 Mini Games
-Discover all 94 Map Locations

As for the woman, I think it is a throw-back to the GTA box arts which always has a pretty woman.

There are no new areas that open up. If you follow the story then you wouldn't notice that Mexico and Blackwater are closed off at the begining of the game. Those are the "new" areas that open up even though you can see them on your map.

As long as you have been in the general vicinity of a stranger then you should have it marked on your map…

That's really helpful, thanks. I'm surprised about that woman. I'd assumed she was a major character, like Bonnie Mcfarland, because she's featured prominently on websites and stuff like that.

Damn! I'm envious of y'all. I'm only on PC at the moment. Grrr, I hate console only exclusives! >:O

Damn! I'm envious of y'all. I'm only on PC at the moment. Grrr, I hate console only exclusives! >:O

I hate PC exclusives as well. I'm playing the Witcher on my aging PC and it's almost unplayable. And now you've got the Witcher 2.

Plus RDR would be great on the PC because you could mod it. I'd love to see a hardcore or realism mod because the difficulty and certain realism issues were my only complaints about the game.

I hate PC exclusives as well. I'm playing the Witcher on my aging PC and it's almost unplayable. And now you've got the Witcher 2.

TW2 is still at least a year away from release, and they're talking about possible PS3/Xbox 360 releases as well.

Ah, I see. :)

Well, that surely attracts male customers. ;)

He even criticized the horse physics. I have to disagree with him there. I think the horse physics are outstanding.

Plus RDR would be great on the PC because you could mod it. I'd love to see a hardcore or realism mod because the difficulty and certain realism issues were my only complaints about the game.

Keep in mind that CDProjekt were a good ways into porting TW to console, and the devs they contracted to do that for them, allegedly let them down, due to lack of progression with the job and poor quality of the job they were doing.

So that was a practical glitch, it was not a case of that it was a strategic decision to have TW as a PC exclusive. They did start work on porting it. Then they ran out of resources and focussed instead on TW2.

Anyway, I'm certainly hoping that RDR will be coming to PC as some point... I got very excited way back when it was announced.

He even criticized the horse physics. I have to disagree with him there. I think the horse physics are outstanding.

I'd take it from a "different angle" : Horses are rarely done even nowadays in games, especially rideable ( ? - ones that can be ridden) ones.

The last horse I rode, prior to this game, was in Two Worlds. Good god that was awful. Oblivion's horses were pretty bad, too.

But RDR horses are a work of art. I absolutely love the way they look and move. How fitting, for a Western to focus intently on getting the horses right. I mean, what's a Western without a horse?

Yes, you are right. I would like to see them in other games, too. But so far only very few developers tried it. I think Sacred 1 was one of the earlier games I know of. And that wasn't even 3D.

Rockstar is the first developer to use motion capture on a horse, which is why they look so purdey. Actually, they even accidentally made the show horse rear back by giving it the wrong signal. I think thats why they threw that in the game (you can press X to make your horse rear back).

Keep in mind that CDProjekt were a good ways into porting TW to console, and the devs they contracted to do that for them, allegedly let them down, due to lack of progression with the job and poor quality of the job they were doing.

So that was a practical glitch, it was not a case of that it was a strategic decision to have TW as a PC exclusive. They did start work on porting it. Then they ran out of resources and focussed instead on TW2.

Anyway, I'm certainly hoping that RDR will be coming to PC as some point… I got very excited way back when it was announced.

I heard that about The Witcher as well. It's a shame.

I'm sure RDR will come to the PC eventually. Which would be a good thing because I'm sure someone will do some mods to make combat remotely challenging and some kind of realism mod concerning horses and ammo/weapon carrying capacity. I go on about that but they were my only complaints about the game. I would have given it an easy 10 out of 10 otherwise, and believe me I'm not one of these "Oh my god that was the best game ever!" sort of guys who's mind is blown over every game they play. I'm almost impossible to impress. But that's how good it is.

The last horse I rode, prior to this game, was in Two Worlds. Good god that was awful. Oblivion's horses were pretty bad, too.

But RDR horses are a work of art. I absolutely love the way they look and move. How fitting, for a Western to focus intently on getting the horses right. I mean, what's a Western without a horse?

Yeah I think horses and riding was one of the nicest things about the game. I loved every one of my horses, was genuinely upset when they got killed, and by god the first time that guy ran up and dragged me off and tried to take off with him... !

If the console versions are still selling well ( & I think they are) then they would be smart to say they have no plans for a PC version right now so as not to slow those sales down.

If people know there is a PC version coming they might just wait & pirate it. Even if they bought it legitimately it's minimum $10 less than the console versions.

I still think it'll come to PC in 6 months to a year. Personally I couldn't wait that long...but I'd sure trade in the 360 version and buy the PC version in a heartbeat. A few minor mods (like human_male mentioned) and the ability to just add Stranger missions thru mods would make the game near perfect.

If people know there is a PC version coming they might just wait & pirate it. Even if they bought it legitimately it's minimum $10 less than the console versions.

Considering the way people are pirating Xbox games, I doubt that's a deciding factor for most. I also don't think most people would wait for a PC version just to save $10.

Given the state of Rockstar's last port to the PC (GTA IV) perhaps it's just as well that Red Dead Redemption doesn't get a PC release. I'm not sure the people who programmed it knew what they were doing - it's been plagued with technical issues and poor performance from the start, and the most recent patches seem to have only made things worse, causing objects and textures to pop in all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom