Divinity 2 - Review @ 4Players

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
4Players reviewed Divinity 2 as well and was positively surprised by it. It's in German, but the reviewer stated more than once that he never expected the game to be that much fun.

More information.

Stop taunting me! I am the product of US public schools; I can just manage English on a good day, never mind German. :p

That's a surprise. 4Players is usually extremely critical and they test without patches.
The last sentence on the conclusion is:
"Divinity 2 is more than excellently adequate to sweeten the time until Dragon Age comes out."

I am thinking about actually buying this in German. I prefer movies and books to be in the original language, since a lot of nuances are lost in translation. Anyone know if there are any German stores delivering to Sweden?

Edit: Nevermind. I saw that Amazon.de can send it here.

Interesting that the most popular negative review on Amazon talks about performance issues. Perhaps I should wait a while.

Anyone know when the English version is supposed to come?

Last edited:
I don't know. Maybe you could try Amazon ?

As much as I'm looking forward to D2, I'm not in any hurry to get it. The devs have already stated that they're working on at least one patch for it right now. I'd rather wait until after the patch is released.

I am thinking about actually buying this in German. I prefer movies and books to be in the original language, since a lot of nuances are lost in translation. Anyone know if there are any German stores delivering to Sweden?
I believe the original language of the game is English. German is the translation.

The English version is scheduled for September, but as no US/UK publisher has been announced up to now I have some doubts about them meeting that schedule.

Nowhere.

I even doubt it has been released in Belgium, but I honestly don't know.

I assume, by the way, that the GamesCom is the perfect time for them to announce it - or they'll do some negotiations there.

I would be quite surprised if it has not been released in Belgium, seeing as how that's where it was developed.

I think it has only been released in DACH.

The only countries it has been released in are Germany, Austria and Switzerland. There are no publishers know for any other countries (including Belgium).

I put trust in 4players, because they are so critical. Often it is justified, and I expect critics to be critical not blindly praising and overlooking issues. It gives a judgement weight, when you know their praise is not cheap to get. I was skeptical with Divinity 2, too much it looked like a Gothic 3 to me, and I surely will yet wait until it is patched into a more balanced state. No more first day buying from me those days.

Yes I also have doubts about reaching the September Deadline.
I dont see why larian/DTP can't announce there International Publishers, it just seems really silly.
Swen even said this could be there last game, so If they want it to sell good they should have announced a Pub and started promotion.

If they don't announce a Publisher at GamesCom I'll be pissed and will go on a rampage at there official Forums.
I also do hope it still comes in September!

Yes, that's exactly what we need, another September release. It's really too bad not a single game was able to be released this summer, there's been no competition, it would have cleaned up just because we're all bored waiting for September/October.

Give the publisher what is the publisher´s

Yes I also have doubts about reaching the September Deadline.
I dont see why larian/DTP can't announce there International Publishers, it just seems really silly.
Swen even said this could be there last game, so If they want it to sell good they should have announced a Pub and started promotion.

If they don't announce a Publisher at GamesCom I'll be pissed and will go on a rampage at there official Forums.

Well, guess what and why?

Just like with media exclusive stories, the publisher retains the right for doing exactly this - going public in the region they are covering - for himself.

Not even the main publisher (dtp) is to interfere.
That´s usually the nature of such agreements.

So if Swen doesn´t want this to be their last game, it´s wise for him to stay mum about it.
(slight exaggeration ;) )

As for why the announcement is still missing:
Of course it is the Gamescom!
When you have a well-known fair that is established at a new site and under new brand, with all eyes on it, and the planned release date of your game is close to it
- well, what would you do as a publisher?!...

So, there´s still reason to be hopeful for an announcement at Gamescom and a September international release.

As far as Belgium is concerned - it has not seen Div2 yet... which in fact has garnered quite some criticism from Larians countrymates.

It brings us back to publisher business once again.
As odd as it may sound that a game is not spread first in the country of its origin - only as long as you miss to take in account that dtp has the publishing lead. And dtp is German.
Consequently the game has been brought to shelves only in the German speaking countries (DACH = Germany, Austria, Switzerland by their international signatures) so far.

Cheers and enjoy, all of you who have Div2 in their grasps already,
Ragon
:cool:

As for why the announcement is still missing:
Of course it is the Gamescom!

This is crystal clear to me that they'll "use" the GamesCom for that.

Who'd have other things expected ?

Back
Top Bottom