D:OS Current state of the game?

Divinity: Original Sin
Well Larian did release Patch v1.0.252.0 last month. As for the other changes I remember reading the developer was still looking for new writers to fix the story.

yeah that's the patch i'm waiting for, it's supposed to be a really big patch according to one of the Youtube vids.. supposedly it should make loot and drops more interesting too, i remember reading somehwere that people were a bit disappointed in that part (in the current state).

guess i'll wait for a bit longer.

Random loot was one of the few issues I had with this otherwise fantastic game.

A while back I looked for some solid info on the major future enhancements/rewrite. Beyond the comments in an interview, I didn't find anything.

A while back I looked for some solid info on the major future enhancements/rewrite. Beyond the comments in an interview, I didn't find anything.

i remember that they spoke about it on a YT video.. i think that was in december.

Edit:

"We’re fixing parts of the story, improving the UIs, revisiting the encounters, rebalancing the loot, rewriting certain dialogs, adding extra feedback, looking at what we can do to fix character progression, improving the companions etc."

"Fixing things is not all we’re doing however, far from it. We’re not hiring all those people just to transform D:OS in a better experience, no, obviously we’re also working on our new RPGs."

seems like they're working on 2 new RPG's using the same engine.. i bet this update could take a while.

So, i should wait a little longer for purchsing this. Seeing how much stuff is coming...

I've enough of a backlog to wait for it too, I am looking forward to it though.

-kaos

ps waves to Vurt from the official Morrowind forums (MrKWMonk over there) :)

"We’re fixing parts of the story, improving the UIs, revisiting the encounters, rebalancing the loot, rewriting certain dialogs, adding extra feedback, looking at what we can do to fix character progression, improving the companions etc."

Sounds great! When is the beta over and the release date for this awesome-sounding game? Oh, wait... :lol:

Sounds great! When is the beta over and the release date for this awesome-sounding game? Oh, wait… :lol:

I know you don't like this sort of thing but I think it works out pretty good sometimes. If you haven't played in you get the best version and if you have then there's real incentive to replay.

I know you don't like this sort of thing but I think it works out pretty good sometimes. If you haven't played in you get the best version and if you have then there's real incentive to replay.

I guess that's a good way to look at it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back
Top Bottom