Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom - Released - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom - Released

Default Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom - Released

January 7th, 2021, 15:19
The RPG Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom has been released:

Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom

Muspelheim, a nation of desert and wilderness, also named as the Sand Kingdom. Volker, a blacksmith's son, always dreamed of becoming an adventurer, but he finds himself adventuring aiming to become a court blacksmith at the same time!

Adventure into dungeons, get materials by gathering and looting monsters, then craft high quality equipment. Whether you equip them or display and sell them in your shop is up to you. Find other party members at the Guild and fulfill requests to progress through the story and earn rewards. There are 14 classes, faith selection, and passive skills that grant you free character customization!

The adventurer blacksmith begins his journey!
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

January 8th, 2021, 02:34
Wow, this one looks kinda cool. There's something kinda Tactics Ogre-esque in the art/visual vibe and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the battles. Hmm.

Anyway, wishlisted.
--
Author of Mary, Everything and the Flapper Covenant series.

staff editor and columnist, RPGWatch.com
Twitter: cassieyorke87
IG: cassieyorke1921

Aubrielle

Noveliste
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 8th, 2021, 04:35
Originally Posted by Aubrielle View Post
Wow, this one looks kinda cool. There's something kinda Tactics Ogre-esque in the art/visual vibe and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the battles. Hmm.

Anyway, wishlisted.
Let me know how good it is then. Like I said before I used to play games like this in my teen years. Though my tastes changed later on I still have a soft spot for them.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

January 8th, 2021, 04:43
I agree, this one has some decent potential and looks like the type of game I'd enjoy. I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
+1:

January 8th, 2021, 04:51
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Let me know how good it is then. Like I said before I used to play games like this in my teen years.
And how does Pong relate to games like this ?
--
Sou tricolor de corao!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

January 8th, 2021, 04:54
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
And how does Pong relate to games like this ?
Bah I'm not that old. Still pong was the greatest game ever invented.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)

January 8th, 2021, 14:24
I gave this one a try because it looked like the type of game I'd like. I refunded it shortly after going into the first dungeon.

The first dungeon was supposed to be the suburb of a town but looked like a featureless cave. I was gathering resources but every resource node was generic, they all looked like ore veins but when you went and hit them with your pick axe they would give you wood, cotton metal, and other resources all at the same time. The dungeon was otherwise completely empty except for monsters that all also looked the same as well. Running into the monsters would start an incredibly basic turn based battle with enemies that had nothing to do with what their picture looked like on the map.

Really the game just seemed to be rushed out the door. I couldn't believe they wouldn't even take the time to have different resource nodes, for example to have wood drop from trees instead of ore veins.
Last edited by fadedc; January 8th, 2021 at 15:44.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 8th, 2021, 15:34
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
I gave this one a try because it looked like the type of game I’d like. I refunded it shortly after going into the first dungeon.

The first dungeon was supposed to be the suburb of a town but looked like a featureless cave. I was gathering resources but every resource node was generic, they all looked like ore veins but when you went and hit them with your pick axe they would give you wood, cotton metal, and other resources all at the same time. The dungeon was otherwise completely empty except for monsters that all also looked the same as well. Running into the monsters would start an incredibly basic turn based battle with enemies that had nothing to do with what their picture looked like on the map.

Really the game just seemed to be rushed out the door. I couldn’t believe they wouldn’t even take the time to have different resource nodes, fir example to have wood drop from trees instead of ore veins.
Just picked it up too, and I don't disagree with anything you stated.

However, it's kind of fun so far but I'll definitely consider my options before the 2 hours is up. It IS rather generic, but I'd like to at least try the crafting before giving it up.

tekulte

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom - Released