Two Hours With Two Worlds II

december 7th according to play.com.

@TheGameSquid, the game is pretty fun until you get the feeling you're immortal (first game had this problem too). Much better quality than TW1, but unfortunately not as open.. i cant stand that i cant explore how i wish.

It's not a bad game but not nearly what I expected. I think it's another game that's been drawn to the console darkside. Think I'm gonna put it aside and go back to STALKER which I finally have running right on my machine.

I'll problably head back to WoW for a while after the expansion comes out.

The game is good but its 70% water and 30% land.I explored every location on the map and finished most quests and it only took me three days to beat it.Around 35 hours.There is alot of open land with nothing but animals.TW1 was bigger than this game.When I saw the huge island all i could think was cant to explore it.Turns out you cant only the marsh area and gandolars castle.The ending of the game is disappointing also.

I dunno why i am just not too happy with this game. It is jsut so dull and the system seems unbalanced.

I hope this isnt a new trend, make first chapter good and filled with content (to let the first reviewers who doesnt play the whole thing, just want to be first, give it a 9/10 score so the game can start selling) and then cut back drastically on the rest to shorten the development / funds.. Kind of the same thing in Risen..

Kind of the same thing in Risen..

Well, I don't think that is quite fair. In Risen you could explore the whole map, and it was rather full of content throughout. I know some people didn't like the way the game became more dungeon-oriented towards the end, but that was still new content (which I personally actually liked).

Kay

To be fair i beat risen and found it somewhat enjoyable. This game i am not even going ot play for much longer.

Risen wasnt as bad maybe, but i was disapointed in that game too, quite clearly most of the effort was put into the first chapter/s there too. Never beat Risen and probably won't beat this either, if they dont decide to make a large patch (or if the mod community grows into something good later on).

Well, the Topware CEO has stated that they have said all along that the game is 25 to 30 hours and longer if you do all the sidequests, although he doesn't say how much longer. He confirms that the large island is just for MP, but now I'm reading that even MP doesn't use anywhere near the whole island. After reading through all threads it sounds like the companies involved in the game are just out and out lying about what they promised and what was delivered. I'm guessing as seems to happen all to often these days they ran low on funds.

The shame is that it's a great engine in need of tweaking and what they did finish is actually pretty good. If they had been able to follow through on more of what they promised it could've been a classic. As it is now I'm not sure if I'll finish it or not.

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=35760&page=33

Last edited:
Topware Ceo replied on the topware boards-

Dirk P. Hassinger:
Quote:
I do not know, what disapointment comes up here. We said and say that the play time is 25-35 hours - if the game is played straight and if someone plays all side quests, he can also play much longer. Eikronas is mainly used for Multiplayer. What is the problem with this? Where should the MP campaign take place? under the sea?

Love how he replies to people.You show us a huge Island with two smaller ones and except us to be happy when you cant explore the largest land mass.I call this dangling the carrot and taking it away.I hope the company learns a lesson from false advertising or disappears as other companies have.This is there second rpg and they have failed again.I don't care about the European love scores it was given.The game promised much and delivered little it was broken.I have a feeling the US reviews are not going to be nice.

Why place the MP map on the singelplayer map at all (well its not even really placed there since that part is empty in SP, but for MP it loads a copy of the map with content at that place). Clearly they did that only so they could show a big map and fool everyone to believe you could play SP on all parts of the map (who wouldnt think that?) why even design the game so that a huge part of the content is just available for MP? It's moronic to say the least.

The game is also not 30% bigger than TW1 which many people including me, was expecting (since they've said that) and one of the main reasons i decided to buy it.

Only a real asshole would reply like that. I feel bad for paying for this.

Dirk P. Hassinger:
Quote:
I do not know, what disapointment comes up here. We said and say that the play time is 25-35 hours - if the game is played straight and if someone plays all side quests, he can also play much longer. Eikronas is mainly used for Multiplayer. What is the problem with this? Where should the MP campaign take place? under the sea?

Love how he replies to people.You show us a huge Island with two smaller ones and except us to be happy when you cant explore the largest land mass.I call this dangling the carrot and taking it away.I hope the company learns a lesson from false advertising or disappears as other companies have.This is there second rpg and they have failed again.I don't care about the European love scores it was given.The game promised much and delivered little it was broken.I have a feeling the US reviews are not going to be nice.

The guy obviously didn't major in PR

Obviously everyone can't be like the pr division bioware has.

I can understand that you feel somewhat cheated, because I assume you were looking forward to exploring more part of the island, but I don't really see the problem here. If we are to believe the message you got from that betatester we're still talking about a game of considerable size right? He seems to imply that you can easily get 30 hours out of the game? That seems like a fine number to me.

You are right, but I had to calm down to understand that actually there's no serious reason to accuse them of lying. I mean, they actually may have not lied to us on purpose, but rather made a stupid mistake.
Nevertheless, even if the game delivers as much content as promised, I will still feel cheated because I believed I could get to explore the whole map and I can't. There may be the same number of quests but inside an area half the size of what I thought was promised. Couldn't they really tell us in the very beginning? Yes, they could.

Dirk P. Hassinger:
Quote:
[...]Where should the MP campaign take place? under the sea?[...]

Why place the MP map on the singelplayer map at all [...] It's moronic to say the least.

I disagree. I like the idea. That makes sense, especially because of the campaign we get to play in MP mode; thanks to placing it on one map you can feel it belongs to the world of Antaloor. Although, they should've stated clearly which part of the map would be reachable in each mode.

There is one problem ith it :

- I assume (just an assumption, I don't know whether this is real or not !) that most MP players first play SP as well.

Which means that MP players get BOTH.

- But some SP players (like me) just don't want to play MP.

They are excluded.

- On could even say that there might be (I really don't kno how much real this is) MP players who feel excluded, because they can't visit the SP part (I don't know if its really implemented like this).

What I tried to say with all of these assumptions is, that I don't like parts of games which are excluding parts of the gamers because they just don't want to play the other part as well.

Uh, complex language.

This is much better then the original, and so far seems pretty good. I had to turn off the bluring but other then that runs well.

I'm not sure but 35 to 40 hours is still a good chunk of time, enough to make the game worth the price of admission.

engine.hdr 0 turns off bluring in the console.

Tweak of Voxclamant:

Do the following if you would like to try it:

in your TW2 folder create a new folder called Parameters

use notepad to create a new file called autoexecgame2.con — this will go into the parameters folder

type otr paste the following into autoexecgame2.con:

Engine.MBlurIntensity 0
Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0
Engine.FOV 70
Engine.BloomMultiplier 0
Engine.EdgeAABlend 0
Engine.Farplane 1500

Save it and run TW2 — you should see a large improvement.

I also went to my NVidia control panel and overrided game AA options. 8x worked fine, 16x blacked out everything.

Actually, MP mode in this game may be quite enjoyable. I'm after 3 chapters of the co-op campaign, but have done them alone. It was just like Dungeon Siege :) Simple linear story, corridor-like map, fighting, looting, coming back to shops to sell goods, repeat.
The Village mode also seems very interesting. I can see they've put a lot of work into MP. Still, I'd prefer longer SP campaign with one island more.

Actually, MP mode in this game may be quite enjoyable. I'm after 3 chapters of the co-op campaign, but have done them alone. It was just like Dungeon Siege :) Simple linear story, corridor-like map, fighting, looting, coming back to shops to sell goods, repeat.

The Village mode also seems very interesting. I can see they've put a lot of work into MP. Still, I'd prefer longer SP campaign with one island more.

That partly answers a question I've had on whether the MP can be played solo.

Also I'm up to 10 hours now and from what I can see there's a large amount of content. I'm not sure I'm even near ending chapter one. I was gonna wait on some patches but I keep being drawn back to it. It's obviously not going to be the 100 hour solo game people expected but it's pretty good.

They do, actually. If you have yoru weapon drawn in town the guards say "put that away!" or something.

Back
Top Bottom