Diablo 2 Remake Mod - Public Testing Friday

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports that a public test for an ambitous Diablo II remake mod will occur this Friday.

An enthusiastic modder is recreating Diablo II: Lord of Destruction in StarCraft II’s map editor, and it will be available for public testing on Friday.

StarCraft II’s still one of the best strategy games around. Check out our list!

The Curse of Tristram: Destruction’s End is an impressive free game mod for StarCraft II, which developer egod123 aims to release as a series of custom maps through Battle.net. He’s opening a public test this Friday, May 11, where the first six zones of the game will be available along with three difficulty modes.

[...]
More information.

The guy is working alone on this and it is taking forever to complete. I don't expect this to ever be done or even whole of Act 1 (my guess is that once he completes Act 1 he is going to give up).
And Blizzards own remaster will probably arrive soon(ish).

Also Starcraft 2 engine is not really best suited for Diablo like gameplay.

Last edited:
Sees the word Blizzard and Battle.net. I'm outta here, and not interested.:cool:

Diablo II looks amazing on any LCD made in the last ~2 years because scaling and interpolation are no longer big issues. D2 does not need a remake but I’ll happily check this out

Why not Zoid… err, Diablo 1? Don't tell me there is already a D1 remake. No wait, do tell.

(PS: I know about the HD version. And about the D1 remake in D3, which is not really a remake.)

Diablo II looks amazing on any LCD made in the last ~2 years because scaling and interpolation are no longer big issues. D2 does not need a remake but I’ll happily check this out
I does not need a remake but it can use a remaster like sc1 Broodwar had.

d2 is pointless. not much to replay it for.
d1 maybe id try, but i doubt they can match its quality

Exactly, and what kind of remake you would do to a game with randomly generated levels (I guess just the graphics).

I don't know if its pointless. I just finished the OC & LOD expansion and I didn't recognize a thing in that video. I'm not sure how "faithful" this remake is going to be. Maybe that's a good thing and it will feel like new IP. FYI there are no random levels in D2. That was D1.

Yeah, some D2 maps are a little more static, but in general they are random.

In tomorrow's news, Diablo 2 Remake Mod stopped with a cease&desist.

If you have the game it can be played entirely offline. I have it on a key fob and just transfer it around PC's. I bought the "battle box" some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom