NHL Playoffs 2018 Edition

I honestly thought the Vegas/San Jose matchup would go the full seven games, but I'm quite happy to be wrong about that! I truly look forward to all the California angst against Vegas next season =)))

Of course, the Stanley Cup games pale in comparison to the World Championships. My condolences to Denmark, looks like Hopkins, McDavid, Ekblad and Eberle don't care much for May golf!!

Buh bye Penguins, suck it!!!! Boston and Pittsburgh both out, my year is almost complete!!! At this point I'm not even sure if I care who actually wins, those two teams are outta there.

Yeah, there were only 2 teams in this year's playoff that I really didn't want to win, and Boston and Pittsburgh were those teams.

I want to see Washington at least make it to the finals. They've only made it there once in their history, and that was in 1998 when my Red Wings obliterated them in 4 games. :)

In the Western conference, I'd like to see Winnipeg get there. The original Jets never made it to the finals in the 24 years they were in Winnipeg, and these Jets haven't in the 7 years they've been there. That's 31 years of not even winning their conference. I was hoping they'd finish off Nashville tonight, but they got shut out 4-0. It should be a good game 7 in Nashville. Neither team has won two straight games in that series.

Looks like poor Norway is already getting a taste of the Hopkins/McDavid hustle. Cheer up mates, it'll be over in a few hours!

Tonight's game seven should be interesting and well worth watching. Either of these squads could easily go all the way. Thank goodness for hockey, nothing else worth watching anyways!!!

Is it wrong for me to cheer for the Knights or Germany just because they are wearing the same colors as old Canucks sweaters. It is for the Knights, of course, because no expansion franchise ever got the sweetheart deal they got.

Of course, and its Winnipeg. Since my father was born there its always been his second favourite team. But its Canucks biggest rival in the 80's - we were always both shooting for that bottom qualifier in the Smyth division so its tough to cheer for them - although I'd take them over Edmonton or Calgary any day.

It's all wonderful hockey, so as long as you aren't a Pittsburgh or Boston fan, I can accept most anything. Love of the game is enough!

Some good games at the Champions today, the Canada win was no surprise, but the Czechs over the Russians was beyond awesome. Went to overtime, and what a win for them, that's gonna sting for the Soviets. Danmark getting back on the horse yesterday and beating Finland was excellent hockey.

Winnipeg jumping on Nashville quickly in the first period. I hope they can keep it going their way.

I'd love to see a Washington - Winnipeg finals.

Winnipeg just penned a new novel on how you go into hostile territory and totally dictate how the game will proceed. I don't think I've seen Pekka ever benched so quickly, and the rest of the contest was simply a hockey clinic taught in three periods by the Jets. Well done, and the Jets-Knights matchup will be interesting, I just don't see how Vegas even has a prayer unless the luck gods are completely on their side for this round.

A Washington-'Peg final round would be awesome. The only team left that I really don't care for is Tampa, and I don't even dislike them that much. I've already won, all the nasty rivals are already done.

The Capitols are dictating every phase of these two games so far. They are controlling all the lanes, constantly disrupting the Lightning team so they can never get any rhythm, and completely decimating them physically almost every single time that there is a hit/confrontation. As a team, Washington is bigger, faster, and just seem to want it more, overall. I don't envy Tampa having to travel to DC for the next couple of games already behind.

Vegas wouldn't last a moment against the Capitols, but I believe the Jets might match up nicely.

After Finland trounced Canada the other day, I was curious as to which Canadian team would show up to their next bout. It was a classic defensive battle between Latvia versus Canada, and when it went to overtime, you just knew either team could have walked off with the victory. Too bad for Latvia that it ended like that, but a huge lesson for young folks on what can be very important during a game.

That was a hard played affair last night, between Vegas and Winnipeg. On paper, at least to me, Vegas simply doesn't stack up well against the Jet, but they played a masterful game. We all win in clashes such as these, we are truly seeing some of hockey's finest performers here.

Right now, Canada is leading the Soviets at the World Championships, two to naught. You can do it, Canada!!!!

Winnipeg has to win game 4 or I think they're done.

I also think Washington will bounce back and take game 4 against Tampa tonight.

Wow, is Sweden putting the hurt on America, ouch. Four to naught at this point, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Swedes go double digits in this one, this is like watching a junior team play a NHL one.

That was a hard played affair last night, between Vegas and Winnipeg. On paper, at least to me, Vegas simply doesn't stack up well against the Jet, but they played a masterful game. We all win in clashes such as these, we are truly seeing some of hockey's finest performers here.

Right now, Canada is leading the Soviets at the World Championships, two to naught. You can do it, Canada!!!!

Nyet, nyet Soviet.
Da, da Canada!

A good bronze contest going on at the moment between Canada and America. I'm still shaking my head over the coaches decision to put McDavid in for a penalty kill, the guy is an excellent player but that is not his forte, and it showed. This match is basically a who's who of the national hockey league =p. At least of players that are out of Stanley contention.

Back
Top Bottom