Kingdom Come - Patch 1.3

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A major bugfix for Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been released:

Release Notes for version 1.3

• The game now has Save and Exit feature.
  • Saving is much more robust and saves won't get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
  • Performance improved
  • LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
  • Stuttering in some areas reduced.
  • Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
  • Improved lockpicking
  • New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
  • Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
  • Improved pickpocketing
  • You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
  • The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
  • Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
  • The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
  • Guards won't frisk you so often.
  • Your horse shouldn't get stuck when jumping fences.
  • Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
  • You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
  • You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
  • Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
  • Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
  • Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
  • Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
  • You can no longer autocook potions that you haven't brewed by hand at least once before.
  • German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
  • Late game player strength tweaked
  • Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
  • Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
  • It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they're helmetless. Stupid Runt...)
  • Other combat system tweaks
  • "Untargeted attack" exploit fixed.
  • Enemy combat archery AI improved.
  • Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
  • And many other minor tweaks.
  • (PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
  • (PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
  • (PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
  • And over 300 other fixes in various quests.
  • Turkish subtitles added.
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.

No, they removed the best feature.

For me this one is actually the most important one:

German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.

Which made the game look broken all around, which it kinda is but...this rubbed it directly into your face.

Save on Exit is fine but not really essential.

Also broken items are now displayed and counted as such...well partially.
You cannot turn in meat anymore for quests if it has a status of 0.
However these quests are utterly pointless anyways as you can either turn in 100 meat for a quest to get 50 coins or sell it at a vendor for 500 coins.
Also I just finished one of the "last" meat quests and there is no final reward. Just several tiny minirewards which are so small it's stupid.

Anyhow: I also found that my horse equipment is counted as broken now. Wasn't able to repair it with my equipment and it didn't let me store stuff on my horse anymore until I re-equipped it.

It also feels like there is a tiny performance gain but I could be wrong here.

For me, this is the ONE change why I’ll buy the game now.

The issue was just at the start at the game as you hadn't an idea about anything.

Later on you can save manually whenever you want anyways due to having tons of money. I think a schnaps to save costs 90 coins.

I am running around with 56k now, bought everything I could and already stopped looting stuff as I don't feel it's worth the time to sell it.

Good that they re-balanced the weapons for end-game stats.

I found out that a solid whack with a battle axe is a more reliable solution to robber-knight problem than prancing around with a sword.

That fight at Cuman camp in the attic, where the evil guy was being tough and not wearing a helmet. One axe hit to the face and he went down LOL.

Haven't had more trouble with a sword either though.

But I am killing everything with arrows anyways. And that's as OP as before. Might try out a mace just for fun.

Later on you can save manually whenever you want anyways due to having tons of money. I think a schnaps to save costs 90 coins.

You have awful standing with traders, it's around 50-60 coins for me but I usually craft it instead.

You have awful standing with traders, it's around 50-60 coins for me but I usually craft it instead.

Might be 60, not sure, doesn't really matter though. And yeah, never really wanted to put that effort in alchemy. So I just buy it. ^^

So it's been nine months, and since I finally have a stable internet connection. So I find myself having to ask how is the final release of this game. It obviously isn't bug free.

PS: I now have a very large backlog of games to play also.:-/

Nice of them to put the patch up on gog before going home for the weekend!

I finally get to play the game (was waiting for this patch before bothering).

So it's been nine months, and since I finally have a stable internet connection. So I find myself having to ask how is the final release of this game. It obviously isn't bug free.

PS: I now have a very large backlog of games to play also.:-/

If you already own it because of kickstarter for example you can already take a look.

It's buggy but playable.

If you have not bought yet I'd recommend to wait till summer sale and buy it when a few patches are out.

If you already own it because of kickstarter for example you can already take a look.

It's buggy but playable.

If you have not bought yet I'd recommend to wait till summer sale and buy it when a few patches are out.
Thanks I'll probably install Elex before I play this game.

I'm also waiting for a few more patches. How is the sword fighting with keyboard and mouse? Is it very complicated?

I enjoyed Elex very much and it's pretty bug free atm Couch. Welcome back.

How is the sword fighting with keyboard and mouse? Is it very complicated?
The game, unlike just released FF15, does not insult any input method, you'll be fine with either K+M or mushrooms. I'm not saying UI us pitch perfect, but is so good you won't even think about wasting money on additional rubbishware (socalled gaming mice, gaming keyboards, gamepads, controllers, joysticks), whatever you have already is good to go. If there is something AAA games should learn from KCD, it's how to make UI that doesn't torture anyone's input choice, an UI that doesn't force a customer to spend more money on garbage they don't want to buy.

Melee combat is hard at beginning, later (when you train it and learn parry and riposte perks, one of reasons why you should rush the main story to the horse) becomes easy. This doesn't mean you'll be able to instabeat anyone with just a wooden stick - you'll still need a better sword or mace. Or axe.
It's buggy but playable.
The patch 1.3 just hit Steam so I cannot say much, I'm gonna replay it to know more, but the game is so huge it's not possible to have a proper picture in just a few hours.

The game's release version was such bug-o-rama I wrote Skyrim 2 to describe it a few times. The main story is finishable of course, but many stuff were broken and there are a few gamestopper bugs similar to unopenable sewer door bug in Skyrim's main "story" so you need to thread carefully and save the game on every start of a quest.
If you didn't care about bugs in Skyrim or were blind to even notice them, feel free to play KCD right now. If you hated Skyrim's excessive amount of bugs, I have to suggest waiting for at least one more patch.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I wonder if the folks that did such a great job with the Unauthorized Patch for Skyrim might have a look at KC:D?

No need for that. Developers in this case didn't abandon the game and are patching it. I mean earnings are used for patching instead of being poured into some KCDOnline rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom