Kingmaker - New Race Added!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has a new update which announces a new race has been unlocked. A forum poll will determine which race is added.

New Race Unlocked - Join The Forum Poll!

Dear Pathfinders,

When our Kickstarter campaign ended, we promised that all funds generated by pre-orders and pledge upgrades on https://owlcatgames.com/preorder would go towards unlocking new stretchgoals. And we are happy to announce that the next milestone, a crowdfunding sum of over $1 million, has been reached thanks to your generous help and support! Thank you so much for believing in us!

Our exact crowdfunding sum is now at $1.026.681

This means that we now have the resources to add one more playable race to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. And you get to help us decide which race it's going to be! We have opened a poll on our forums, where all backers get to vote for one of three possible new races. The three options are as follows:

1. Aasimar
2. Dhampir
3. Elemental*

*Humans, whose family trees include elemental beings. If elementals win the vote, we will add playable Sylphs, Undines, Ifrits and Oreads.

You can vote right now by visiting this thread on our dev forums:

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?4221-The-Extra-Race-Poll

Please note - you can only see this thread if you have transferred your Kickstarter pledge to our backer portal or if you are a preorder backer. If you need help transferring your pledge, send a message to team@owlcatgames.com

Thank you once again for making this possible! And who knows - perhaps we can even reach the next milestone of $1.1 million and unlock a new playable class - Hellknights.

They are intimidation, relentlessness, and unwavering conviction. They are the black-gauntleted fist of absolute order. They are the Hellknights! Provide your character with even more options to choose from, including unique abilities and items for the Hellknights, as well as the quest line dedicated to the their presence in the Stolen Lands. Face them on the field of battle or fight by their side - the choice is yours to make.

The Mac Beta is here!

Our first beta build went live a few days ago for everyone who pledged at the $95 level or higher and everyone who pre-ordered the $110 Early Access tier. Unfortunately, there was a technical issue, which delayed the start of the beta version for Mac users. We are happy to announce that the issue has been found and is now fixed. The Mac beta is now live! Sorry for the extra wait, dear Mac users.

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats
More information.

I hope this race was added.

For an extra $100K, you'd think they could add all of the new races. Guess it doesn't work that way...

For an extra $100K, you'd think they could add all of the new races. Guess it doesn't work that way…

They are probably doing this to "keep the community engaged". I hate how all these outside factors get in the way of doing an awesome game. I'm rooting for dhampir, though.

Yup, the point was sharing some info with backers (I'm one too) which is always a nice thing.
It doesn't mean I can't troll on it ofc. ;)

The economist in me says that voting for elementals essentially gives you 4 for the price of 1. The realist in me says the dhampir will probably win due to the vampires=cool factor. (Although, checking the results, it seems I'm wrong about the dhampir vote so far. Early days, though)

I voted for dhampir, but doesn't look it's going to happen :(

feqM99Y.jpg

All of the options have the potential for multiple sub-classes. I'm not a backer but if I was I'd vote for Dhampir.

The other two otions seem somewhat cliche to me, and they're too similar to what's been done before in D&D and PoE.

Quite frankly, I'm shocked by the results so far. I guess the majority actually prefers derivative ideas.

I voted Dhampir, which continues to get trounced in the voting.

Wow, I'm surprised that dhampir is losing. I was kind of expecting it to win by a landslide since vampires.

Wow, I'm surprised that dhampir is losing. I was kind of expecting it to win by a landslide since vampires.
Fairly sure that's why they're losing.
Vampires aren't that much of a thing anymore. Maybe there's even that fatigue, like with zombies.

I'm yet to vote but tossing between Aasimar or Dhampir. I would vote for Dhampir if it affects how others treat you (mistrusted etc) but if not, I'd rather go with Aasimar.

Just voted Aasimar seeing it is very unlikely Dhampir will be chosen.

Back
Top Bottom