Might & Magic X - Video and Images

I watched some Let`s play videos and it looks VERY cool. I had played Grimrock, was much fun, so I know I can cope very well with tilebased even now.

Funny, I too learned English solely from computer games. In *my* days, many of them were Legend TEXT adventures. With TONS of text. lol

Back to M&MX: I really hope it is a success and we see more like that! Only the UI is WAY too big, filling too much of the screen.

Yeah, base appetites are what you need to play games in English ;)
Playing games games gave me the incentive to learn this language back in the eighties, and posting on usenet and then forums honed the skill.
I find it a shame to see devs pander to ever lower skills to sell their games. Already, I'm having trouble explaining to my pupils why they should learn English at all. if they get everything translated on day one.

Obviously, I'm waiting for my MMX download to finish. For those who unsuccessfully tried to preorder the boxed version from the uplay website: I had the same problem, but I could finally preorder by doing it through the uplay client instead.

I would prefer grid based movement only in the dungeons, the rest should be freedom of movement. I appreciated the style in Grimrock, and I get the whole legacy approach but here I don't think it works. At least in above ground areas.

Good enough for me. I can roll with the grid-based movement.

Is there a pause?
It's true turn-based I go / you go, so there's really no need for pause. The game will wait for you. ;)

Is it possible to side-step?
I hate turn - move - turn-back, and not seeing what I want to see.

Back
Top Bottom