Cowboys practice facility collapses

dteowner

Shoegazer
http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=357675

Video from inside as the "bubble" comes down. So far, they've got one guy paralyzed from the waist down, one guy with a broken vertebrae in the neck but no paralysis, one guy with a badly broken leg, and a handful of bumps and bruises of varying degree. They were doing a rookie camp, so there were only 27 players instead of the usual 80-85, but plenty of coaches and support staff as well as reporters on hand.

Pretty freaky stuff.

Yeah, it even made our evening news yesterday!!

That looks like an incredibly cheaply made facility, especially for an organization like the Cowboys who have a brand new stadium that looks amazing and which they spent a boatload of money on.

After seeing the pictures, that looks like it's one step above a chicken house or cattle barn. You'd think an organization like the Cowboys could afford a 'brick and mortar' building for their players to work out in.

Last edited:
It's a tubular structure with a glorified tarp thrown over the top. There's a few of them around the country, all made by the same company (supposedly). The weather service in Dallas is saying that there's a probability of a "microburst", which they're basically defining as a highly localized tornado. Structural tubing is quite strong, but I doubt the structure was designed for dynamic vertical loading.

BEEEP. Why did it collapse ? Was there a storm outside or what ?

Pretty wild thunderstorm, with the possibility of that "microburst" mentioned in my last post. You can hear the rain slamming down at the beginning of the video.

Sorry, saw it with sound turned off.

Then I'm not that much surprised.

Bad anyway. :(

Back
Top Bottom