Vigilantes - Funded and into stretchgoals

Btw, Timeslip has mentioned that currently about 40 perks are currently planned / implemented so the 2nd stretch goal would bump it to ~50 total.

I'm glad InXile supported this one. I think even verbal support from a well known studio can mean a lot for a small Kickstarter like this.
Vigilantes has meaty stretch goals. Both the perk system and extra maps are the kind of things that really increase the playing time of a game like this. Extra choices and variability prevent boredom from setting in too soon!

I'm actually not surprised this received a good response. I know many people who are immediately turned off by the usual staples of RPGs - elves, aliens, etc. They like real-world settings, and I think that's an area underserved by RPGs.

I'm actually not surprised this received a good response. I know many people who are immediately turned off by the usual staples of RPGs - elves, aliens, etc. They like real-world settings, and I think that's an area underserved by RPGs.

"Good response" is relative. They've only asked for 5000$. They've currently got a little over 6000$ and 300 pledgers. Before InXile game them a shout out it was about 60% of that. If they had asked for enough to make the game (its mostly finished at this point) they would have had problems. And consider that they have a nicely done Kickstarter page and a playable demo.

Well, yes - successful on its own terms, relative to its scale. A lot of tiny projects get (often rightfully) no support at all. I just think this one is unusually appealing, in its bracket.

I did what I could to promote this KS on twitter and various gaming forums. "Seems like my kind of game, but I'm skeptical of the low goal" was a common response. And I've tried explaining that a lot of the work has already been done, there's a playable demo, Timeslip has already shipped a game with positive reception… But some find it "too low" even for a few months of development. Or some think "Kickstarter is for getting projects off the ground, not finishing them".

As ForgottenLor said, if they set the goal higher it would've struggled. You can't win. Because of the various abandoned / perpetually delayed small-scale games projects many people who follow crowdfunding games just won't trust the "passion projects" anymore.

I'm glad they're funded but saddened some scammers (and perhaps some well-meaning, but incompetent developers) have made crowdfunding so much harder for the little guys.

Well, I think we all hope the game will take off in its last days. Now it least it has climbed back up to the top of the front page of "popular" Kickstarter video games.

@daveyd: If "it has a playable demo" can't get people's attention, it's a lost cause. Any dev with enough organization and confidence to field a demo has my respect, unless it's complete garbage of course.

@daveyd: If "it has a playable demo" can't get people's attention, it's a lost cause. Any dev with enough organization and confidence to field a demo has my respect, unless it's complete garbage of course.

Yeah, a lot of developers seem afraid to let people play around with early builds. The Vigilantes demo works great IMO. Doesn't crash, stutter, or have long load times. It isn't feature complete but everything seems to work as intended. Shows me they have what it takes to complete the final game near their estimated release window.

Hey, sorry I missed this thread. Thanks for the support!

Hope it's okay to bump this thread to let you know we have 30 hours left on the clock on Kickstarter, and we're just under €500 away from unlocking another stretch goal, which will allow us to add additional combat areas!

Well, only a few hours left to back. The early bird tier is still available so you can snag a copy for only ~$9.

Back
Top Bottom