Fallout: New Vegas - Mapping the Mojave

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In this latest blog entry from the Fallout: New Vegas strategy guide writer, David Hodgson discusses some of the areas you'll visit in the game. Of course, he's also pimping the guide:
But what kinds of locations are available to the sight-seeing Courier? Well, some personal favorites include The Devil’s Throat; a giant rock depression filled with Evolved Centaurs, radioactive barrels, and heavy Energy Weapons. There are stretches of lonely highway to trek down passing savaged caravans with Brahmin corpses stinking in the mid-day sun.
There’s a whole mountain wilderness where Super Mutants are the friendliest creatures you’ll face, and hidden pathways to find locations you previously thought inaccessible. There are mines, shacks, ravines, mountains, caves, sweeping plains, dry lakes, rocky promontories, and wild canyons where the thrill of traversing the rugged landscape changes to fear as your hunting rifle jams just before a Legendary Fire Gecko spots you. And that’s before you enter the outskirts of New Vegas itself. Finding out which locations are safe to explore and which are deathtraps filled with Deathclaws is only a glimpse of what the strategy guide offers. Expect a full, complete, and helpful tour of every nook, cranny, and secret safehouse there is to find.
More information.

Why anyone would ever want to ruin the wondrous enjoyment of finding these locations on their own by using a lame guide is beyond me...perhaps this is a defining test to determine the true RPGers from the total philistines???

I suppose that makes me a philistine rather than a real RPGr. Guess I'll have to live with myself somehow. I'm going to pick up the strategy guide, for some pointers, help in understanding some of the intricacies (e.g., the ammo), maybe finding a quest or two, and getting me unstuck. I might even use it to find a cool location or two.

What is a Mojave ?

Ah, thanks ! :)

its a fascinating area. been there many times. granparents live in Parumph which is 45 min SW of Las Vegas in Nevada. My other grandparents (or rather Grandmother now) live in Palmadale/Lancaster which is 45 min North of LA. I can't ever imagine living there but theres really alot of beauty among the unpopulated areas teeming with quite a bit of life during certain parts of the year. even if this game wasn't set in post apolyptic setting you would still need a hardcore mode to reflect surving a trip through Death Valley in August. Since the Mojave stretches quite a bit into California I wonder if Edwards Air Force Base will make an appearance and how big the gaming world we be.

Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom