Rampant Games - Matt Chat Interview, Part 4

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Interesting interview as usual.

The stuff about sales depressed me, so I had to tell myself that I was one of the few who did pay for the game. Still this is a unique game for a mostly ignored niche, so I'm sad that Jay can't quit his day job to help fill it.

Cheese for the Cheese God!!!!

Nom is a great addition. Frayed Knights has the absolute best twist on the old cliche rat quest. I doubt anyone can ever top it. Can't wait to see what's in store next for the Cheesy god.

As for sales, yea it really sucks. Lots of people complained about the graphics and the UI. I don't see what they're complaining about at all. It took me all of ten minutes to figure out the UI.

I thought the graphics were good. Not great, but good. I'm of a mind that with a little less graphic power means more imagination on my part, but I've never had a problem with that. Too bad that others couldn't get past that. It's one hell of a game. The only game I've passed twice back to back and three times overall.

Last edited:
I thought the graphics were good. Not great, but good. I'm of a mind that with a little less graphic power means more imagination on my part, but I've never had a problem with that. Too bad that others couldn't get past that. It's one hell of a game. The only game I've passed twice back to back and three times overall.

It was nothing that stopped me from buying it either, but there is definitely potential for improvement there. In my mind it would be unfair not to let Jay know that. The main weakness of the interface is not that it is hard to use, but it simply is often unecessarily cumbersome. A game with > 100 spells needs more quickslot keys, e.g. using a feat should likewise be hot-keyable, etc. Stuff like that. And the graphics, while servicable, could profit greatly from a uniform style - and well, just more of a "style", period. I loved the portraits, though! I think improvements in these two areas could really help the second installment of the game, and maybe even improve the chance to get it on steam next time.

Regardless I am with you, I can only recommend this game, still having a wonderful time with it (did very little gaming lately, so still not finished).

That people pirate an indie game like this really makes me angry. I hope the Matt Chat interviews give him a nice boost in sales!

Back
Top Bottom