KotOR - 3GB Character Overhaul

The author did a nice job of preserving the original look. It's about as good as you can make it, resolution-wise, for this old engine.

Is it? There's a huge official overhaul on graphics going on with NWN right now that we'll probably see in September.

As well I've seen a lot of stuff imported to the engine using Blender. I'm not a graphics guy but I did dabble a bit back in the day. It seemed to me if you could get into blender or one of the other 3d tools it supports, you could bring it to the engine.

My buddy is busy bringing a bunch of Witcher 2 stuff to NWN now.

Unless I'm mistaken, the engine is 32-bit. That's a 4 Gb memory limit. But maybe they found a work-around?

I think it's probably 3GB of textures and models on disk. Likely only a fraction of them would be loaded at any one time.

I think it's probably 3GB of textures and models on disk. Likely only a fraction of them would be loaded at any one time.

The drive will probably be the bottleneck for a more general HD release of KotOR, so I'm guessing one would need to run that from a SSD in order to get even close the graphics load performance you'll need. If the textures you replace are only for the characters though, then yeah maybe it'll be okay.

I think you'd probably be OK without an SSD. In a game like KOTOR, it's broken into distinct levels with regular loading screens - so only a relatively small amount is in memory at once, and it doesn't need to stream from disk as you go. I think you could get away with an awful lot before the 32-bit memory restriction bit you.

I recreated some of the characters in my KOTOR2 mod, it was so many years ago now that i don't remember which ones haha. i do know i recreated the wookies..

many times you can get away with just way higher res textures, most were ridiculously low.. never had a go at doing new models for the game.

1044-1551923176-1536782387.jpeg

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/1044

Back
Top Bottom