Book of Heroes - New The Dark Eye Game

I sincerely hope that this game taken on a different direction.... I cannot seem to understand why ulisses would finance a small diablo clone ..when they know the majority of their fanbase wants something different ..... However thetwich presentation sounded a littledifferent.....

Yeah…sounds like the License is being used by some random people, not by fans of the DSA universe and I don't see that they can make a game in the spirit of that universe.

Ofc might not be a bad game. But I wouldn't expect much in terms of TDE RPG.

Yeah…sounds like the License is being used by some random people, not by fans of the DSA universe and I don't see that they can make a game in the spirit of that universe.
Imho the bigger problem is that the involved TDE guys have no idea how to make a good video game.

Imho the bigger problem is that the involved TDE guys have no idea how to make a good video game.

But that's the normal case. Doubt that the writer of the Metro or Witcher Books know how to make a game.

But imho it's a difference if you are enthusiastic about the DSA license and then are "allowed" to make a game for it, or if you are creating some random game and happen to tuck the DSA license on it.

Of course enthusiasm isn't enough either. While it worked for the Initial Realms of Arkania Games with Guido Henkel and Co, the people who did the HD Versions also seem to have been fans of the license. But in that case it was a lack of production value.

Well said! Dark Eye 3D versions have been trainwrecks so far. Of course with the exception of fantastically well made Blackguards I-II.

But that's the normal case. Doubt that the writer of the Metro or Witcher Books know how to make a game.
I wasn't talking about the writers, but rather about the producer and the other guys from the Twitch stream.
I have to admit that I didn't check who they actually are. But as far as I've understood only the two guys standing on the right the whole time are actual writers.

I tried to play River of Time but couldn't get into it at all - it just felt like poorly made NWN2 (and I already hated NWN2 as it is)....

The River of Time is a sequel. Storywise it's a prequel, but is designed in a way you need to play the first game - first. You Know those movies that start with some scene then write "2 weeks earlier" or something? Well, there is a reason why it's filmed that way and why you shouldn't start watcjhing such movie from it's middle. :)

NWN and NWN2 are garbage. Drakensang 1 and 2 are masterpieces.
IMO of course. When was I ever wrong when it comes to rubbish vs masterwork detection? :D
Timers are a design crime, yes.

The River of Time is a sequel. Play the first game - First.

NWN and NWN2 are garbage. Drakensang 1 and 2 are masterpieces.

Sorry joxer but I really liked NWN :p Well, not the official campaigns but hall of fame modules.

Also, I'm not sure if I really want to dive back to Drakensang...

There is a huge difference between game of the year and DLC of the year.

I'm aware that mainstream journalists are refering to DLC as games. To them even horse armor is a game.
Well, not to me.

Back
Top Bottom