Witcher 3 My only Witcher 3 gripe

The Witcher 3
I did a quest with some mates, we took 'shrooms, saw whales swimming around a cave (without water) fought people outlined in blue auras, just remember kids, shrooms are not your friend./

I'd say shrooms *are* your friends.
Except ones you die from. Those with "special effects" are your best friends.

How does the upscaling work? It is it Betheshda style, rats become deadly monsters for a mega warrior? or have they thought about something better ?
I turned it on. As near as I can tell, everything that's lower level than you gets pushed up to your own level. Definitely a good thing, IMHO.

It's funny you should mention rats, though. There's a quest where you're following Triss down in the sewers when you run into a room FULL of rats. No biggy in the normal game as the rats are level 2 and you should be at least level 10 by then so a few well placed fire spells should burn them all away. I was level 17 and found myself facing down dozens of level 17 rats! Quick little fire spells weren't cutting it and each one took multiple hits to finish off. Four hits from any of them and I was stuck in another long re-load screen.

Luckily, you can switch the option on and off all you want. Even monsters that have already spawned will change level.

I turned it on. As near as I can tell, everything that's lower level than you gets pushed up to your own level. Definitely a good thing, IMHO.

It's funny you should mention rats, though. There's a quest where you're following Triss down in the sewers when you run into a room FULL of rats. No biggy in the normal game as the rats are level 2 and you should be at least level 10 by then so a few well placed fire spells should burn them all away. I was level 17 and found myself facing down dozens of level 17 rats! Quick little fire spells weren't cutting it and each one took multiple hits to finish off. Four hits from any of them and I was stuck in another long re-load screen.

Luckily, you can switch the option on and off all you want. Even monsters that have already spawned will change level.

Sounds like the standard way to do level-scaling in that case. I think I'll skip it for my play-through.

I also tried the scaling part at a few points, basically to see if it bumped the quest level up as well as the opponent level. It did not, so I didn't use it much.

Back
Top Bottom