ATOM RPG - Review @ Gamebanshee

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamebanshee have a review of ATOM RPG up, which the reviewer liked, but with some remarks.

Have you ever wondered, while playing Fallout, how a nuclear conflict of such scale could have affected the other side? Well the developers at the very aptly named AtomTeam clearly did, and after a successful Kickstarter campaign followed by an Early Access phase, they have produced ATOM RPG - an isometric role-playing game that takes place in the Soviet Wasteland.

ATOM RPG is subtitled as "A Post-apocalyptic Indie Game," and that's exactly what you'll be getting if you decide to purchase it. It looks and plays a great deal like the early entries in the Fallout series, and seeing how that series is now a first-person shooter and on some occasions an online survival game, getting a proper new isometric "Fallout" is not something to be overlooked.

With ATOM RPG getting its final content update back in May of 2019, I decided to see for myself whether it was a worthy spiritual successor or a low-grade clone.
More information.

Better late than never I guess? Maybe they'll review PONG next :biggrin:

I'm just waiting for all the content to be fully integrated and patched, then I'm going to spend a few weeks thoroughly exploring this one!

I started playing it recently. Game is hyped more than it deserves and this is coming from a Fallout and Underrail fan.

I found it pretty underwhelming, personally.

I mean, it's a quality effort considering it's an indie - but it's very clearly an indie.

Remember, when (and if) you release your game, if I'm still alive I'll stick to my "what goes around comes around" philosophy and quote you. :p

Hopefully just the first sentence, although the second is equally insulting. :evilgrin:

If my game can bring joy - even in the schadenfreude way, I will potentially have made a contribution :)

Which is all I really want to do.

Well, creators of ATOM RPG wanted exactly that and in my case they delivered.

I don't know what they wanted to do - but the game is certainly a contribution.

I put a few hours into it and think it's decent. I plan on doing a full playthrough after a few more content updates.

If you want to compare similar indie games though, I think Underrail is superior.

There's still more content coming, in case anyone's interested.

Arrgggg i thought the Gamebanshee review said the May update was the last content update.
---
What happened to the good old days back in the 80's when a game was released it was a finished product.

There's still more content coming, in case anyone's interested.

Dev's calling it an Add-on, but it should be the last one.

Its a pretty decent game IMO, thought it was well done with some nice support afterwards to polish things.

Back
Top Bottom