|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Beautiful Desolation - February Update

Default Beautiful Desolation - February Update

February 22nd, 2018, 14:07
Beautiful Desolation's February update announces Mick Gordon as composer and highlights the progress made in the games design. Lots of cool screenshots at the link.

loading…

A YEAR HAS PASSED!

It’s been a year since the counter stopped on Beautiful Desolation’s Kickstarter campaign…

That’s when the tough decisions begin!

Should we use the programming and setup from CAYNE, and merely add graphics for each new scene? Or should we innovate further? Well, after seeing (and playing) Pillars of Eternity we knew that the CAYNE system wouldn’t cut it! So began our mission to rework what we had done and rethink how to make this game incredible.

CAYNE and STASIS were focused on smaller, claustrophobic interior environments. Beautiful Desolation needs space to traverse - instead single rooms, we’re designing and building sizeable areas to explore.

We assessed what we had and examined how this would be feasible, or even possible, with a three-man team. Thankfully with the power of Unity, we were able to rapidly build up the new Desolation framework. It wasn’t long before Mark was running through large expanses with a camera that tracked him perfectly in a beautiful African landscape. The addition of parallax, fog and special effects has made the experience rather unique.

Now that the game mechanics and systems are locked in, the localities are growing fast and furiously and we are almost exclusively adding content and building puzzles.

Experience a scene in Beautiful Desolation:

Click here to explore the Overpass in Milkbush.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 22nd, 2018, 21:57
They also released video from populated area with robots etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E0eEIvuv5o

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 05:30
Great visuals
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 09:52
Chris Bischoff sure knows how to animate smoothly and the character seems to move responsively with no delay. I did notice that the character is not doing anything different for stairs yet with farflames video but I'm sure that will come.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 17:02
interesting, they are in/from Cape Town…and I've never heard of this project. Ah the shame. It looks very pretty, but is this an adventure game? I didn't watch the whole clip, but I heard something about 'not a stat based game'… or maybe I misheard that. I've never really taken to adventure games.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 17:46
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
I heard something about 'not a stat based game'… or maybe I misheard that. I've never really taken to adventure games.
Yes, its adventure game. I think they will release more info in March including details if there are some light RPG elements. So stay tuned.

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Beautiful Desolation - February Update