|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Launch Date April 3rd

Default Pillars of Eternity II - Launch Date April 3rd

January 26th, 2018, 21:08
[QUOTE=you;1061490895]First sequel at obsidian ?[/QUOTEI

It's the first sequel of one of their own IP's.

DarNoor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 26th, 2018, 22:45
According to their website, the 3 DLC appear to be day 1 included in Obsidian Edition for $74.99. And cost $30 at launch, or if you're a backer, I just noticed they're available to purchase right now for $20.

Not all bad as an early backer for $29, and $20 for the DLC, $49 total…lol

Khalus

Whatever…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

January 26th, 2018, 23:06
I hope the DLC is substantial and not horse armor…

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

January 26th, 2018, 23:51
Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
According to their website, the 3 DLC appear to be day 1 included in Obsidian Edition for $74.99. And cost $30 at launch, or if you're a backer, I just noticed they're available to purchase right now for $20.

Damn, this game is one that I should have backed then.
I missed the boat on this one…
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 27th, 2018, 00:00
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Damn, this game is one that I should have backed then.
I missed the boat on this one…
Backers can still purchase 5 additional copies of the game for $30, and 5 DLC packs for $20 each. Ask a trusted backer friend to buy it for ya, although wouldn't get the keys until launch.

Actually it says:

"Pillars II DLC

Early Bird access to DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a special crowdfunding price. This is a Season Pass for all DLC that will be released for Pillars II."

Maybe they have more planned, a great deal then.

Khalus

Whatever…

January 27th, 2018, 02:47
Originally Posted by Khalus View Post

I really hope this is not true. We complained a lot when big publishers make DLC at same time as main game so they can sell it separately instead it being part of the game at launch. I don't see why we should be quiet and let Obsidian get away with this shady practice.

So I really hope these 3 10$ DLCs will be after release mini expansions instead.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 27th, 2018, 13:38
I backed this from day one, mainly to support the developer and ultimately this is my favourite type of genre, I'll probably wait a bit to see if it needs patching before playing, I have no doubt it will be awesome (Loved POE 1).
I'm glad to still see that there are lots of people prepared to give their support, these developers, as much as they love their work still comes down to turning a profit and moving forward to the next project, yes the DLC sounds expensive, but if you get as much enjoyment as I do then its soooo worth it.

skally_wag

SasqWatch

January 27th, 2018, 22:35
Is there any evidence that they are planning significant launch day DLC? I be surprised if that's the case - more likely the deal is for future expansion style DLC, as we've seen before. I don't have a problem with a package that includes legit future expansions.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

January 27th, 2018, 23:08
I suspect it will be like the first game with the add-on (white marches in the case of hte first game) spread out across a couple of years but i could be mistaken.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 28th, 2018, 00:34
The DLC are NOT day 1. They are fully fledged expansions just like White March. This has been confirmed multiple times on the Obsidian forums.

White March was one of the best expansions i've played so I can't wait for these - although I have already purchased them.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

January 28th, 2018, 01:58
Surprising they are only $10 if they are "fully fledged expansions just like White March". Although White March was released in halves, so if you mean each one of them is the equivalent of half of the White March, then that sounds less surprising.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

January 28th, 2018, 05:59
I'll buy the $75 version at launch or possibly pre order it like I do all the big name RPGs that come out. In fact you can get this now for 20% off at Green Man Gaming making the $75 version $60. PoE 1 was one of the only games in recent memory that I actually finished. I already have Kingdom Come Deliverance preordered at 25% off ($45 instead of $60) from Green Man Gaming.

jpnole

Watchdog

January 31st, 2018, 17:06
Never finished the first game.. I found the latter parts of the game quite dull.
So at this price this doesn't interest me at all. I guess I'll wait a year and grab it at some sale.

Odrid

Watcher

February 23rd, 2018, 18:46
In an new article in the German gaming magazine "Gamestar" it was indeed planned to be "dull" because POE1 "was about nostalgia".
POE2 not so much.

But why I'm writing here is a thing I don't understand :

- THQ Nordic lists on both English and German pages that the Obsidian Edition contains physical items like a cloth map.
- GOG doesn't have any physical items in their "Obsidian Edition".
- Steam doesn't have any physical items in their "Obsidian Edition".

THQ Nordic, however, doesn't show where this "Obsidian Edition" can be bought. Amazon Germany, however, does list the "Obsidian Edition" - one has to click on the edition's name in order to see it.

Me, as a "hardware fanatic" , I of course prefer the rather physical thing …

Besides, for all German-language readers here :
Taken from Gamestar's article about the preorder items :

The Black Flag: Eine finstere Flagge, die unser Schiff hissen kann.
Ääääähhhh … nicht umgekehrt ?
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 20:14
Backers were able to secure a physical box and hardcover printed guide.

But it looks like the same things can be pre-ordered/bought on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Etern…/dp/B07999KF6W

https://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Etern…/dp/1506706762

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 23rd, 2018, 22:40
Doesn't seem like enough to justify $80 if you ask me.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 22:53
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
But it looks like the same things can be pre-ordered/bought on Amazon
Outright lie.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95…hysical-items/

Where is the mousepad? Where is the pin? Where is the patch? Where is the art print? Where is the manual? Where is the steel case?

And the box is a fraction of the size! It is not a collectors edition at all on Amazon.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

February 23rd, 2018, 23:17
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Outright lie.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95…hysical-items/

Where is the mousepad? Where is the pin? Where is the patch? Where is the art print? Where is the manual? Where is the steel case?

And the box is a fraction of the size! It is not a collectors edition at all on Amazon.
WTF are you going on about? Who said anything about a collector's edition? Alrik was looking for a cloth map, and other unspecified hard things, which are included.

I do agree it is overpriced though.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 24th, 2018, 00:00
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
WTF are you going on about? Who said anything about a collector's edition?
The Obisidian edition is the best physical edition available, why would you compare that with the base fig edition? The base non-fig edition does NOT have a cloth map as you seem to be indicating.
--

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

February 24th, 2018, 00:08
I am not comparing, you are.

If you bothered to read the description of the Obsidian edition available on Amazon, it includes a cloth map.

Something crawl up your ass today?

Thrasher

Wheeee!

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity II - Launch Date April 3rd