W40K: Inquisitor-Martyr - Gameplay Feature Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr has gotten a new gameplay trailer.

NeocoreGames has released a new gameplay trailer for Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, featuring all the major elements that will be in the game’s full release. Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr is the very first action-RPG in the Warhammer universe, and is coming out on June 5th.

[...]

More information.

Anyone tried this yet? I'm probably going to wait until it's out of early access before taking the plunge.

I'm liking a lot of things I'm seeing here.. especially the starmap and how you can choose your missions instead of the game just being a linear romp like most action-RPGs are.

I really wish they had went with a closer camera perspective though. Over-the-shoulder third-person imo would have been perfect for something like this.

There are some negative voices, but could be those were from before the big pre-launch patch. It looks interesting. I will wait till after release and if it looks good... Steam sale is in a month.

It starts with a solo mission and people are complaining they cant do it with their cabal.
I am only to the fourth part of that but I am trying out different characters, seeing who I want to play though with so I am only about 2 hrs in.
I have had it since early alpha and stopped playing a long time ago and I like what they have done so far since I quit playing, with voices added. It seems dark enough for a Whammer 40k.

Server based online ARPG designed as a GaaS. I'll pass thank you.:p

I don't see the online requirement as a big deal anymore. Lots of games are like that nowadays especially action-RPGs. I played Diablo III, Path of Exile, etc, and it was never an issue. It's a minor annoyance at worst.

Not sure where you get the idea that it was designed as a GaaS. There are no microtransactions that I'm aware of.

Just a pet peeve of mine as I still haven't played Diablo III, Path of Exile, or any server based ARPG. Oh wait I played Star Wars: The Old Republic a few years back that's it.

Anyway I have a vendetta against this developer for personal reasons. Anyway moving on glad some watchers enjoy this game but I wont support it.

Hopefully we get a proper OFFLINE Warhammer RPG someday.

* Personal preference don't care if being online is not a big deal nowadays.

Actually played quite a bit more tonight. I don't want to give spoilers but will say the challenge ramps up a lot more and you can do multiplayer pretty quickly if you want.
So much to do and so many skills and perks.

I am having a blast with it so far. I have done any multiplayer, just doing the campaign missions. Good 40k dark and brooding music along with the voices. Playing bladed assassin.

Actually played quite a bit more tonight. I don't want to give spoilers but will say the challenge ramps up a lot more and you can do multiplayer pretty quickly if you want.
So much to do and so many skills and perks.

I am having a blast with it so far. I have done any multiplayer, just doing the campaign missions. Good 40k dark and brooding music along with the voices. Playing bladed assassin.

Not really interested in multiplayer, but I love me some grimdark 40K. It looks and feels right, but I fear it will get old fast for me like most ARPGs. I read progression slow and gameplay is slower than with other ARPGs and that I would actually like.

No need to hurry since there will be a char wipe upon release anyway.

ooh always online means I'm out. I played PoE but that's a f2p game that you can play single player if you want. I like my paid single player games to be playable anytime. Pity as I liked it more each iteration

Hm, I somehow thought this was a stand-alone single player game with optional multiplayer? Admittedly I never read the fine print, just saw it as an ARPG. But looking more closely, the online aspect is required for a "persistent world " etc

https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/

e.g. "Without online access, players wouldn't be able to complete daily quests and various tasks for rewards.

The game will also feature seasons and global events. Because of this, the game was designed to be online, with 2-3 years of additional development of new content/features after release"

Exactly the kind of thing I don't care about/like in the least. Pass…Still hoping for an actual W40K cRPG that mirrors the PnP game I played with my friends, which was great.

Always online is a bummer for me. Apart from the inconvenience (I like to grab a bit of gaming time while traveling), I don't like control of a game (or any software) being taken out of my hands. I might mod or tweak my games, or decide not to apply a certain update. Always online means the studio can impose whatever changes they like at any time, which I may or may not want. And, of course, some games have implemented microtransactions some time after release. There's just no upside for me.

With some games, it's probably not that much of a big deal in practice, but it does just rub me the wrong way.

Time to start ordering some cheese for you people.
ooh always online means I'm out. I played PoE but that's a f2p game that you can play single player if you want. I like my paid single player games to be playable anytime. Pity as I liked it more each iteration

Inquisitor has a dedicated single player mode too. PoE requires a constant online connection as well, so how is that any different?

Somebody say cheese. I love cheese, wine, & bread of course.:biggrin:

paris-food.jpg

Hm, I somehow thought this was a stand-alone single player game with optional multiplayer? Admittedly I never read the fine print, just saw it as an ARPG. But looking more closely, the online aspect is required for a "persistent world " etc.
When the game was first announced I was a fanboy, and I wanted it now and couldn't wait. Then came the announcement months later it was an online server-based ARPG.

The God Emperor is very displeased.

itehattsd1.jpg

Inquisitor has a dedicated single player mode too. PoE requires a constant online connection as well, so how is that any different?

The part where I said PoE was a f2p game.

If Inquisitor does have dedicated single player offline mode then it's all good.

If Inquisitor does have dedicated single player offline mode then it's all good.
Once again it's a persistent world game that requires a constant internet connection. Of course you can play solo campaigns but that does not make this a single-player game.
This is an ALWAYS-ONLINE MMO STYLED GAME and, therefore, not playable unless constantly connected online / to the game's dedicated severs
Silver no offense but change the games description to Online- ARPG.:)

It's 2018. The emperor requires you to be online or be prepared to be cleansed like all heretics deserve.

Haha it's fun and internet is still a thing. Play the campaign and then get out if you don't like multiplayer.
It's like Diablo style not Warcraft MMO.

The part where I said PoE was a f2p game.

I said it had a dedicated single player mode not that it was offline.

Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly…

Both games require a online connection, which seems to be your primary complaint, but with PoE it's ok because it's f2p??

I said it had a dedicated single player mode not that it was offline.

Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly…

Both games require a online connection, which seems to be your primary complaint, but with PoE it's ok because it's f2p??

You're understanding me correctly. If I'm forking over my hard earned cash for your product, I prefer having more control over how and when I use said product. That includes playing whenever I want, offline, and is the same reason I didn't get Diablo 3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom