|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Elder Scrolls Online

Default Elder Scrolls Online

September 1st, 2017, 01:29
It's been a day or two already and I did log on/off and changed map/zone both on feet and using teleport
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

September 1st, 2017, 05:32
Sounds like a bug then. I'd make a service request with ESO.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 23rd, 2017, 00:29
ESO was under my radar for a while. I was not sure to give it a try or not.
Some random dude gave me a Steam key for the game. It was on Twitch. From the chat.

The perfect opportunity,never the less!
Last Monday,jumped in. There where some problems starting up the game,but I made it.

Started as a Wood Elf. Focusing on ranged combat. Woodwork & clothing craft.
My first character in Skyrim was an archer,so decided that an archer shall be the first in ESO as well.

Despite not liking MMO's,ESO is a likable game. No idea what exactly I a doing though.
But questing for the most part. The quests are well made.
Going to play it for some time,that is certain.
--
"Man is born free, yet everywhere he is in chains." - - J. J. Rousseau

Black Rune

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 18:35
Anyone from here still playing it? I started again with summerset expansion and have blast! For the first time ever, I got to level 25 I am on PC EU server and would like to join any watch related guilds if there is such a thing!

lostforever

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 20:34
I'm hooked, and playing Summerset everyday. But the luster is starting to fade. No Watch guilds that I am aware of.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

June 20th, 2018, 21:35
I played for over 2000 hours in 2017, but stopped when ELEX came out.

It was fun for several month, but later I played only with my guild with a very high leveled overpowered char in the PvP Cyrodiil part of the game.
It was fun for a while too, but IMO there are not enough tactical possibilities in PvP on the long run.

Now I'm having fun with single-player games again

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 21:59
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
I played for over 2000 hours in 2017, but stopped when ELEX came out.
So, you played 40 hours a week for a year and burned out. I wonder why…..
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 22:35
I got bored when I tried it last year, and only lasted to 19th level. A couple of weeks ago I started playing it again (continued on with the same character).
Got to the Coldharbour bit, and all of a sudden it seemed more interesting. Also, it had decisions that actually had an effect on future events, which are a rarity in MMORPGs. In some respects it feels a little like a compromised single player game, or on the other hand, a compromised MMO, but I wouldn't be playing it if it were a normal MMO so I shouldn't complain.

Finished the MQ a couple of days ago. Might try the Orc DLC next with the same character. Then maybe start a thief type for the thief and assassin DLCs.

I play on a US server and don't belong to any guilds (yet).
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 00:36
I play occasionally with my son on the US server, but my main MMO is still DDO with the RPGWatch Guild on Khyber server!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 13:17
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
I'm hooked, and playing Summerset everyday. But the luster is starting to fade. No Watch guilds that I am aware of.
Nice to see people are still playing it here at the watch. I bought ESO when it first came out and really hated it but Summerset expansion and some real life changes had made me like it this time around!

Summerset areas looks really nice compared to the original game and thats a big step towards me liking the game this time around I guess. Also the the new zone is very good for exploring. In some ways it brought back good exploration memories from the single player ES games. The zone is not flat and it has plenty of nooks and canines to discover and the plenty of good loot as well for "new player" like myself!

The stories in the quest are pretty good as well. They are some of the best ones i have seen in any MMO so thats great plus for the game.

The main thing I still don't like about the game is combat feed back. The combat it self is interesting but the feed back is very lacking and the fact that this is "action" combat makes it even worse. There is no impact or weight to you actions/skills. You just don't know if attacks landed and all that kind of stuff.

lostforever

SasqWatch

June 21st, 2018, 17:42
Even worse, inconsistent server lag makes some attacks not even register, which is why I stopped pvping or running trials and am playing more casually now.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

June 22nd, 2018, 16:44
Hey lostforever, I'm still playing … daily, if possible, yes, even after 2584 hours. Also PC EU. But I'm neither into PvP (too stressy, and my comp is way too old for that stuff) nor do I do herd PvE content like trials… soloing as much as possible, unless I'm farming the Order spot in Kvatch (I think it's courteous to invite people farming the same spot xD ). Mainly because I can't promise to be online at a certain time.

Most of my in-game friends are weres or vamps I turned, and I rarely see one of them online, most probably because of (see above).

Wanna be friends?
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

June 22nd, 2018, 22:02
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Hey lostforever, I'm still playing … daily, if possible, yes, even after 2584 hours. Also PC EU. But I'm neither into PvP (too stressy, and my comp is way too old for that stuff) nor do I do herd PvE content like trials… soloing as much as possible, unless I'm farming the Order spot in Kvatch (I think it's courteous to invite people farming the same spot xD ). Mainly because I can't promise to be online at a certain time.

Most of my in-game friends are weres or vamps I turned, and I rarely see one of them online, most probably because of (see above).

Wanna be friends?
Hi Jaz, 2584 hours, thats impressive

I try Pvp but i am not very good at it so I tend to stay away from it. I mainly solo and do normal instances right now as DK tank. I am only level 30 so not done any hard content etc. I plan to take ESO for now but lets see!

I will add you as friend in game. Could this be the start of Watch ESO guild? We need 10 people so if any watchers hanging about give me shout.

lostforever

SasqWatch

June 22nd, 2018, 22:34
On PC NA server, otherwise I’d join you!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

June 23rd, 2018, 00:35
If someone on the NA server wanted to begin a Watch Guild, I'd sign up, but I'm an irregular player.
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

June 28th, 2018, 13:08
I'm on EU server, but not playing regularly ATM.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

June 30th, 2018, 10:16
I'll be gone for the next two weeks so no ESO for me during that period .
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

June 30th, 2018, 12:15
I'm very pleased to hear they're finally doing Murkmire. Black Marsh is my favorite region of Tamriel - and I've decided to not leave this life until Bethsoft has made a proper Elder Scrolls game focusing on that region!

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

July 3rd, 2018, 11:57
I finally hit level 50 in the game, yay me! I guess I have to do the CP point grind now.

I haven't left summerset at all but I hope to finish the main quest here and looking forward to exploring other zones. I think I will go to Morrrowind next and play the game in reverse order of release! The newer zones are much better looking that the old ones.

@Darth Tagnan Look me up in game if you decided to play again, my handle is "@lostforever"

lostforever

SasqWatch

July 3rd, 2018, 11:58
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
I finally hit level 50 in the game, yay me! I guess I have to do the CP point grind now.

I haven't left summerset at all but I hope to finish the main quest here and looking forward to exploring other zones. I think I will go to Morrrowind next and play the game in reverse order of release! The newer zones are much better looking that the old ones.

@Darth Tagnan Look me up in game if you decided to play again, my handle is "@lostforever"
I will Will get back to it eventually.

Also, the real grind starts now. You're nothing until you're 160 CP

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Elder Scrolls Online