|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

February 4th, 2018, 12:12
Nice one, Pongo. I made it to Maadoran with an Assassin on my previous computer but never ended up going back for whatever reason. Your posts on AoD serve to remind me that I still have to get back to it, as it represents a specific type of cRPG that I very much like. (C&C heavy, lots of choices…)

I'm currently knee deep in my tactician run on Divinity Original Sin 2. Level 12 on the Reaper's Coast ; wandering around seeking content that I can get my teeth into.
The last thing I did was saved Hannag from the Magisters. Might try and head to the Lone Wolf and elf section to the NE next.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

February 4th, 2018, 13:00
Did she give you her quest when you asked for source training? She rebuffed me that I had nothing to offer.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 5th, 2018, 23:19
I've finally left the survival genre and jumped back into Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. I found this to be a slow-paced arpg, which seems contradictory. I haven't played it since 2014, so it should be fresh.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 5th, 2018, 23:25
Man, I really enjoyed Heretic Kingdom, that is a spectacular ride. Yeah the pacing can get slow at times, but totally worth sticking out.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

February 6th, 2018, 01:51
IN theory you will get the updated version which includes book 2 in a few years for free.

Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I've finally left the survival genre and jumped back into Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. I found this to be a slow-paced arpg, which seems contradictory. I haven't played it since 2014, so it should be fresh.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

February 6th, 2018, 09:55
I'm a couple of hours into Avernum III with a barbarian, archer, priest and sorcerer. The opening section didn't grab me much, but as soon as I got to the surface I got hooked on exploring again. I can see I'm going to have many hours of fun with it.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

February 8th, 2018, 01:34
Originally Posted by you View Post
IN theory you will get the updated version which includes book 2 in a few years for free.
I think it's due out sometime this year actually. However, I run out of steam on this one because the loot tables are so generic and samey. I probably have found 30 staffs for Evia and don't have a single piece of equipment for over half of her slots. This is after finishing all of the quests in Thole except the Steel Guild. For an action game, it is very low on interesting loot. This is a killer.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

February 8th, 2018, 17:01
I picked up a trio of games during the winter sale with the strange title of Agarest. I started playing the first one and so far it is quite interesting. The story seems to be quite linear, although there are choices along the way that seem to heavily influence both your travels and whom you hook up with.

Yes, hook up with. Because at some point, which happened to me yesterday, you wind up playing a character that was generated by your prior protagonist and a companion. It sounds pretty silly to me even as I type it out here, but the combat is difficult, turn based, and rather enjoyable. I'm guessing I'll wind up playing a couple of my descendants before all is said and done.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

February 8th, 2018, 17:14
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Did she give you her quest when you asked for source training? She rebuffed me that I had nothing to offer.
She rebuffed me too, unfortunately. Maybe I failed a check there somewhere, can't recall…

I'm into the Black Pits now after winning both of the Driftwood Arena encounters.
Those two fights and a couple of random beatings of dubious magisters assisted me to gain the necessary xp to hit level 13. The skill hybridisation that occurs naturally through the progressive gear that you gain is pretty crazy in this game. I can't remember the last time I spent this long managing equipment and arranging skill-sets. Still good fun though, my tactics are slowly but surely deepening. I still haven't tried my new idea against Marg the troll yet. (venomous aura, contamination and shackles of pain x3…)
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

February 8th, 2018, 18:08
I started playing Tales of the Borderlands

I never played the Borderlands games but it didn't seem necessary to understand the game.

It's one of the telltale series and is really a fun light-hearted game.

I played through about two thirds of Legends of Eisenwald. I ended up stopping at the same point I stopped last time.

The game ends up being quite repetitive but it's an OK game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

February 8th, 2018, 18:27
started playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (bought it on a steam sale)…I don't know, it just seems like too much effort. Sneak, sneak, find a way around…I'm not in the mood for that, I just want to blow things up! But just started the Prague section and my augs etc are buggered, so I have to be more stealthy. Not in the mood at this point, should probably let it rest for awhile. Before that I finished a replay of DA:O + Awakening, which was fun.

booboo

SasqWatch

February 8th, 2018, 20:15
Still playing Prey. Probably about 1/2 way done. I think it is really well done (think system shock 2 but much larger and more complex); but it has some balance issues which make it very hard (basically stealth is weak but most critters can one shot you even mid way). I think if they addressed the balance some it would be one of the best games this decade. Will say more when I finished (just got back into cargo hanger - which sets my position in the game; also I might be non optimal in my character build as i'm not reading build cheats).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 8th, 2018, 23:38
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
She rebuffed me too, unfortunately. Maybe I failed a check there somewhere, can't recall…

I'm into the Black Pits now after winning both of the Driftwood Arena encounters.
Those two fights and a couple of random beatings of dubious magisters assisted me to gain the necessary xp to hit level 13. The skill hybridisation that occurs naturally through the progressive gear that you gain is pretty crazy in this game. I can't remember the last time I spent this long managing equipment and arranging skill-sets. Still good fun though, my tactics are slowly but surely deepening. I still haven't tried my new idea against Marg the troll yet. (venomous aura, contamination and shackles of pain x3…)
Larian has confirmed it's a known bug. The latest branch has it fixed…

I came up against level 16 enemies at the docks at the black pits that were killing characters in one round, and had to turn tail and decide to come back when I will be more than level 13 and have better gear (i.e. higher armor).
Last edited by Thrasher; February 9th, 2018 at 00:37.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 9th, 2018, 00:03
What is a bug ?

I came up against level 16 enemies at the docks at the black pits that were killing characters in one round, and had to turn tale and decided to come back when I will be more than level 13 and have better gear (i.e. higher armor).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 9th, 2018, 00:03
Not really playing anything 'properly' at the mo. Been messing around with Arcania and NWN:EE

One of the first things I tried with NWN:EE was to point it at all my existing platinum edition mod and save folders… Worked straight off the bat with no further tweaking required. Has a few nice things (server browser is probably the biggest) but also a few things missing as some mod features from my 1.69 install don't translate. It works with ReShadeMe/SweetFX now too. Long way to go but can tell there'll be fun times ahead with this one.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

February 9th, 2018, 00:25
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
Not really playing anything 'properly' at the mo. Been messing around with Arcania and NWN:EE

One of the first things I tried with NWN:EE was to point it at all my existing platinum edition mod and save folders… Worked straight off the bat with no further tweaking required. Has a few nice things (server browser is probably the biggest) but also a few things missing as some mod features from my 1.69 install don't translate. It works with ReShadeMe/SweetFX now too. Long way to go but can tell there'll be fun times ahead with this one.
I liked how the modders are already getting cracking with the improvements. Beamdog posted a screenshot on Twitter of early textures that the community is already making with I think Normalmapping? It looked really good.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

February 11th, 2018, 13:37
I'm playing Bernd das Brot ("Bernd the Bread") and Thimbleweed Park These days. Both are very different adventures with very different tones. Meanwhile TP is very dark and filled with slight "Horror" themes, Bernd And The Impossibles is a really, really, really crazy and good-natured Thing. Too bad it got never translated, though, it's such fun !
Here are the Advertising Videos for the Bernd game : https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…postcount=1625
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 11th, 2018, 14:29
What bug ?

I came up against level 16 enemies at the docks at the black pits that were killing characters in one round, and had to turn tail and decide to come back when I will be more than level 13 and have better gear (i.e. higher armor).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 11th, 2018, 16:29
Originally Posted by you View Post
What bug ?
I believe he is talking about Hannag refusing to give his character a source point which was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure Hannag is only supposed to give you a source point if you have the pet pal talent, because she takes it from you.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

February 11th, 2018, 19:07
She takes your pet pal ? I've played the game but for the like of me i don't remember this part.

Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I believe he is talking about Hannag refusing to give his character a source point which was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure Hannag is only supposed to give you a source point if you have the pet pal talent, because she takes it from you.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?