|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

February 23rd, 2018, 21:20
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
Still wandering around Avernum III. It's huge. Huge, I tell ya! I remember the previous games being big, but this is something else.
I'm still wandering around Avernum III, too. Man, it's huge. Due to my lack of gaming time lately, it's rather daunting.
Spoiler

Also been trying Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I've owned it for ages, but my laptop won't play it, so it relies on me booting the kids off the gaming computer. Much easier to just dip into Avernum on the lappy, really.
In the beginning I thought it was a bit "meh", but now that things have opened up a bit, I'm liking it more and more.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

February 23rd, 2018, 23:30
I also played the original on release and it was no where as good as the final product.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Doubtful, only for the massively anally retentive.

Played the original on release and it was absolutely fabulous unpatched. Seriously.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 23:44
There is nothing in the patch notes that indicate delaying would add much value.

RTwP combat has been and will always be a cluster fuck no matter how much you "improve" it. That said turning off the realtime aspect entirely was available from the get go, making it acceptable. No patching needed, thankfully.
Last edited by Thrasher; February 24th, 2018 at 21:13.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 24th, 2018, 11:41
I'm busy with Dishonored 2 - end enjoying it. I was playing Deus Ex: MD, but for some reason it just frustrated me, so I left it alone to play Dishonored. Perhaps the fantasy theme appeals to me more?

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

February 27th, 2018, 12:07
I finished Avernum III, which was great. I then intended to have a break from turn based fantasy games… but instead I got stuck into Dungeon Rats. Which is turn based fantasy. I'm only an hour in, but so far so good - good combat and the convos seem to offer some interesting choices which I assume have consequences. I really enjoy Age of Decadence so I've got high hopes for this and so far yeah it seems to be delivering. Clearly a very different experience to AoD though.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 27th, 2018, 13:40
I finished Avernum III, which was great. I then intended to have a break from turn based fantasy games… but instead I got stuck into Dungeon Rats. Which is turn based fantasy. I'm only an hour in, but so far so good - good combat and the convos seem to offer some interesting choices which I assume have consequences. I really enjoy Age of Decadence so I've got high hopes for this and so far yeah it seems to be delivering. Clearly a very different experience to AoD though.
Not much dialogue C&C in DR. It's really about combat. A few choices matter, but usually easy to tell the "good" option.
What's your party like ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

February 27th, 2018, 13:53
Fair enough! I'm not far in, there was just an option in an early convo about initiating a fight with a quest giver rather than taking his quest. It made me hesitate in responding.

I currently have a party of three; a 1h hammer and shield with block, a 2h hammer with dodge, and a spear with dodge.

Edit: I've only had a limited choice in party composition so far though. My main character is the hammer/block.
Last edited by Pongo; February 27th, 2018 at 14:03.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 27th, 2018, 15:37
Just started replaying ds-2; this time with loshe, ifan, red prince and a skeleton. loshe is my main. Hum. Wonder if the patches will make a difference from first play (which was on release).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 27th, 2018, 15:52
Fair enough! I'm not far in, there was just an option in an early convo about initiating a fight with a quest giver rather than taking his quest. It made me hesitate in responding.

I currently have a party of three; a 1h hammer and shield with block, a 2h hammer with dodge, and a spear with dodge.

Edit: I've only had a limited choice in party composition so far though. My main character is the hammer/block.
Good luck, as with AoD, it's not an easy game.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

+1:

February 27th, 2018, 16:53
Dungeon Rats is an awesome game, I had a great time playing it and it shall be replayed someday. Great memories, tough and challenging combat and enjoyable exploration, yumm!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

March 1st, 2018, 00:26
You're not wrong about the challenging combat! I'm fairly familiar with the combat system from AoD so my characters are relatively decent - good dodge and block skills, hard to hit. But the combat scenarios are well designed with tricky positioning, and handling poisons etc and ranged enemies can be a nightmare (especially those black powder bombs…. they do my head in). Good fun.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 1st, 2018, 08:24
You're not wrong about the challenging combat! I'm fairly familiar with the combat system from AoD so my characters are relatively decent - good dodge and block skills, hard to hit. But the combat scenarios are well designed with tricky positioning, and handling poisons etc and ranged enemies can be a nightmare (especially those black powder bombs…. they do my head in). Good fun.
I'm going on holiday so won't be continuing my aod for a bit…

Don't forget to use the wait button it lets you position yourself in advantageous ways.

Also use alchemy and crafting as they make a massive difference. Poison is very useful against humans.

Also special attacks especially against the torso are good against armoured opponents.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

March 5th, 2018, 22:30
Still playing Original Sin 2 and a little ESO.

About done with OS2. I have to pay a visit to THE DOCTOR and take a stroll down the PATH OF BLOOD. And that's it (I think). What a glorious game it has been. However, I will be looking forward to some first person action after months of isometric….

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 5th, 2018, 23:33
I'm playing Kingdom Come and Into the Breach. Trying to improve my swingy swordy skills can be challenging but fun. I'm stuck fighting off 3 guys while this guy who is supposed to assist me scarpers off into the woods. 'Hey this game really is realistic!'

With Into the Breach I've figured out the importance of controlling the center of the board and thinking about the power grid at all costs. Also your artillery needs to be able to bombard buildings without losing them as soon as possible.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

March 6th, 2018, 00:39
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I'm stuck fighting off 3 guys while this guy who is supposed to assist me scarpers off into the woods.
I have absolutely no idea where are you at.
There was no such point in my game - keep in mind that the game does not force you to fight or kill anyone except a certain boss.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

March 6th, 2018, 01:05
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I have absolutely no idea where are you at.
There was no such point in my game - keep in mind that the game does not force you to fight or kill anyone except a certain boss.
Oh sure I can run away but I want to get their gear and a better sword. The guy that is 'assisting' me is hiding from some thugs meant to silence him.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

March 6th, 2018, 01:08
Wait, I know what it could be. Is it cuman treasure?
If yes, that guy that scrammed is not supposed to help you - you've been scammed.

And you got lucky if that's what I think it is - that quest was bugged in my game. Or perhaps I got lucky. Because of the bug (invisible prisoner) I had to search for the treasure on my own, found it, but it was actual cash and items, not hostiles.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; March 6th, 2018 at 01:20.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

March 6th, 2018, 01:23
Playing X-Com 2 w/ War of the Chosen installed. After a helluva steep learning curve, I'm having a lot of fun with it - it's great fun to see all your research and abilities come together to annihilate aliens.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

March 6th, 2018, 01:44
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Wait, I know what it could be. Is it cuman treasure?
If yes, that guy that scrammed is not supposed to help you - you've been scammed.

And you got lucky if that's what I think it is - that quest was bugged in my game. Or perhaps I got lucky. Because of the bug (invisible prisoner) I had to search for the treasure on my own, found it, but it was actual cash and items, not hostiles.
Not that. I'll give a hint. Its along the main quest line and I found the guy sulking in a cave.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

March 6th, 2018, 02:55
I'm also (re) playing D:OS 2; I've did the blackpitt his morning and it was hugely changed from my first play through (the fight with jonathan was really easy; but the one inside was still hard as hell; was gonna give it up on it but got it on my 6th or 7th try - level 13). When i did the jonathan fight the first time it seems the oil/fire spawns were infinite but this time it was very limited and they also fixed teh graphics (the slow down was huge when everything caught fire but this time i did not notice any slow down).

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Still playing Original Sin 2 and a little ESO.

About done with OS2. I have to pay a visit to THE DOCTOR and take a stroll down the PATH OF BLOOD. And that's it (I think). What a glorious game it has been. However, I will be looking forward to some first person action after months of isometric….

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?