Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Simple question, when do you get more than 5 advisor positions?

Simple question, when do you get more than 5 advisor positions?

When you raise the ranking of first 5 positions high enough.

For example, if you reach certain rank in military, your military advisor (General) says something along the line of "you should hire a Warden"

These ending alternatives show how complex this game is in terms of quest dependencies.
However it's extremely complex to test. The results are known.

And that is exactly why each piece of additional content scares the beejesus out of me. I'll give them credit though, at least they seem to fix each and every problem that shows up along the way.

And that is exactly why each piece of additional content scares the beejesus out of me. I'll give them credit though, at least they seem to fix each and every problem that shows up along the way.
You're generally right but the new companion should be quite encapsulated with no dependencies to the main quest. The capsule might of course contain bugs itself. But I think (or hope) they're quite careful now with their first DLC as they should know that all eyes are on them in this regard. I guess the delay was a good indication that they are more sensitive now.

I'm playing through very slowly. Really disappointed in the first real dungeon I encounter in the game in Old Sycamore... weird isometric view obscures the view of horizontal hallways, and it's full of boring trash mobs. And a needlessly complicated layout that forces extra loading screens. Trash treasure everywhere, too. Artificial flowers? Copper rings worth 2gp?

And I find the various shortcuts/travel points that you can access via skill checks to be a cool idea, but poorly implemented—and often downright confusing. For instance, mouse over a symbol that says "Climb Hill" and you make a skill check. Succeed in the skill check and suddenly my whole party is ... teleported via this shortcut to a different part of the map, and basically ambushed by enemies in at least one case.

Hmm...

There are mod(s) on the nexus that let you rotate the camera.

I hope you guys enjoy reading - I'm almost done with the review and it's 12 pages long! (including screenshots though) - I don't know how I'm going to cut it down... the kingdom management part really bloated it out...

I'm ready to read it, provided it doesn't provide any spoilers for Chapter 5 and beyond. :) Otherwise I may need to put the reading on hold until I finish it up (still waiting on Wildcards), lol.

I tried to avoid spoilers as much as possible for those who haven't finished the game. I'm going to try to cut it down a bit then ask someone to peer review it for me before sending it to Myrthos.
@Maylander; @Morrandir; - can one of you please peer review it for me when I'm done? :)

@purpleblob;, I can try. Not a native speaker though.

I hope you guys enjoy reading - I'm almost done with the review and it's 12 pages long! (including screenshots though) - I don't know how I'm going to cut it down… the kingdom management part really bloated it out…

It's a big game -- why not split off a separate article considering kingdom management in depth?

I'd hate to see content cut for space when it's not as if the website has a limited number of pages!

It's a big game -- why not split off a separate article considering kingdom management in depth?

I'd hate to see content cut for space when it's not as if the website has a limited number of pages!

Well, it's just that I'm worried the length of the review will scare the readers off. Another thing is, I'm concerned that kingdom management section is looking more like a guide than a review.

I shall think on it and see what I can do - it is a big game, and I don't want the review to miss too much information either.

And thanks, Maylander and Morrandir!! I just need you guys to check the truth of the content, my hubby will take care of my horrible grammar XD

Bumped into another annoying bug: Double edged weapons do not work properly. My dual wielding ranger happened to be aware of a very nice double axe and double sword based on my previous character, so I was set up to use those two in the end game (but just regular dual wielding until then, since there are so few good double edged weapons).

I finally managed to get my hands on Faterender, and it seems the off hand part doesn't really work. I looked it up, and it seems it's a known issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/5/3104564981113939076/

It's been known for three weeks now, so hopefully the fix is part of an upcoming patch.

So double-edged weapons count as two attacks even when they're a one-handed weapon? Does that mean someone dual-wielding two double-edged weapons gets 4 attacks?

Were those ever in any edition of D&D?

*Edit* I see they do count as 2 attacks even when one-handed, but the character has to have the two-weapon feat or they suffer a very significant penalty. Obviously that's bugged now anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom