Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
- I encountered some fairly minor bugs so far, some missing text and some UI quirks; nothing game breaking so far;
- I find some of the in-game descriptions are lacking, I was not able to understand them since some info was missing;

Are you playing in English? The last 2 hotfixes added missing translation fixes and I haven't seen any missing text in English.

Now the questions:
I made a barbarian as a test character since I've read some people had difficult time with casters. I could go with that, but:
at the end of the tutorial your party splits and I get another barbarian, a fighter, and a bard. I don't need that many tanks. Is this the same every time, or do I get different people based on my actions?
Is there a way to see how other party members feel about you? There is a situation in the tutorial where you have to choose what to do and two party members want you to do opposing things. If I do something that other party member doesn't like,does our relationship change?

Barbarian aren't really tank, unless the term is in the sense of a sport team tanking. ;)

As for the party member question, choices/actions in the tutorial affect who joins you at the end of it, it's not really opposition between characters. You'll meet the ones that didn't join later in the game too.

I don't think you can see how they feel about you in a UI, but devs said they could leave the party if they get angry with you. Also, I read about being able to change the alignment of certain of them over time.

Are you playing in English? The last 2 hotfixes added missing translation fixes and I haven't seen any missing text in English.

Yeah, you're right, it is fine. What I remember was from a youtube video few days ago. Somehow I thought I saw it in my game too. All text is now present, as far as I can see.

Barbarian aren't really tank, unless the term is in the sense of a sport team tanking.
Well, they are tankier than a rogue, and besides, I usually don't want two of the same class in my party. And If I get Amiri in my party I'd gladly switch my class since barbarian is not my first pick.

Regarding unclear descriptions: what do inqusitors do? their description says:
Inquisitors tend to move from place to place, chasing down enemies and researching emerging threats. As a result, they often travel with others, if for no other reason than to mask their presence. Inquisitors work with members of their faith whenever possible, but even such allies are not above suspicion.
which tells me exactly nothing about their combat role. If I have to guess from what I read online, they are a mix of cleric and a ranger, no?

Regarding unclear descriptions: what do inqusitors do? their description says:

which tells me exactly nothing about their combat role. If I have to guess from what I read online, they are a mix of cleric and a ranger, no?

That description is just RP context.

Inquisitors are a versatile jack-of-all-trade, with the archetypes they can be summon masters, party support/buffers, ranger-wannabe (with animal companion/favored enemy) or the base version that can switch from support to offense in the same fight as needed. A very versatile class.

I'm playing a base Inquisitor right now and I like it. Sturdier than the pure casters and the bard and can stand on the frontline with the right spell buff and judgement.

I didn't find Amiri (barbarian) tanky at all. She can be good dps that takes out mages and rogues quick but she also gets smashed quite easy herself (at least from my experience).

That description is just RP context.

Inquisitors are a versatile jack-of-all-trade, with the archetypes they can be summon masters, party support/buffers, ranger-wannabe (with animal companion/favored enemy) or the base version that can switch from support to offense in the same fight as needed. A very versatile class.

I'm playing a base Inquisitor right now and I like it. Sturdier than the pure casters and the bard and can stand on the frontline with the right spell buff and judgement.

I picked Sacred Huntsmaster and I play it as a ranger with my dog companion in the front. I do still miss a proper tank as I have Amiri, Harrim, and my dog in the front line. I hope I can get Valerie back to my party, she seemed like a good tank.

Ah, who did you ended up with then? Harrim, Jaethal and Amiri?

You will get an opportunity to get Valerie and Linzi back later in the game. If you pursue your rival sooner, you have chance to get one of them back sooner in the tomb. Otherwise, you will get both later although I'm not sure if there's also chance they refuse to join your party depending on your action/dialogue etc at the cave.

I got Harrim, Linzi, and Amiri. I'll do that then, thanks for the advice.

I'm seeing some peculiarities with the Kingdom management. If someone is off on a task of some sort, shouldn't they be missing from the kingdom? I sent Tristian to talk an artisan into joining us and he's still there in the throne room. I can also take him out as a party member, I believe. Maybe he travels back and forth or something? Seemed weird.

Also, is anyone finding the kingdom stuff pretty good? I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Just scratching the surface but I like solving events and seeing rumors and issues pop up. It's a bit more involved than I expected, in a good way.

Can someone explain Teamwork Feats? Particularly pertaining to the Inquisitor? Does her 3rd level Solo Tactics mean that I can choose any Teamwork Feat and automatically gain it for her, even if my companions don't have that Feat?

Can someone explain Teamwork Feats? Particularly pertaining to the Inquisitor? Does her 3rd level Solo Tactics mean that I can choose any Teamwork Feat and automatically gain it for her, even if my companions don't have that Feat?

Solo tactics means the Inquisitor always benefit from the teamwork feats they have if all prerequisites are present minus "the other party member having the same feat" one.

Most of them just require ally standing nearby or fighting the same enemy.

Solo tactics means the Inquisitor always benefit from the teamwork feats they have if all prerequisites are present minus "the other party member having the same feat" one.

Most of them just require ally standing nearby or fighting the same enemy.

That's an awesome perk then. So if I give her Precise Strike and the other party members don't have it, but have other Coordinated Defense traits, then she'll still get Precise Strike?

That's an awesome perk then. So if I give her Precise Strike and the other party members don't have it, but have other Coordinated Defense traits, then she'll still get Precise Strike?

Precise strike will trigger for her as long as she attack a target that is being flanked by an ally. That ally doesn't need to have Precise strike while notInquisitors need both characters to have the feat to get the benefit.

So sometimes Remove Curse potions/scrolls don't dispel the curse? How do I get it removed then? Valerie can't seem to shake the curse, but other characters do.

Curses have DC, if the remove check failed they won't be removed. You just have to "retry" until it works (so either save cumming because you are a cheap bastard or make sure to memorize remove curse on a cleric once one hit level 5).

Curses have DC, if the remove check failed they won't be removed. You just have to "retry" until it works (so either save cumming because you are a cheap bastard or make sure to memorize remove curse on a cleric once one hit level 5).

I don't savescum for that but thanks, it worked the 2nd time around.

Question, how do you deal with Alchemists and their damn alchemist bombs? Those things destroy my party while they're focused on tougher enemies. Any tips for handling them?

Question, how do you deal with Alchemists and their damn alchemist bombs? Those things destroy my party while they're focused on tougher enemies. Any tips for handling them?

Roll an alchemists yourself?

Or use resit energy (level 2 spell for like every caster but bards, lol…super useful for all levels against anything that deal elemental damage).

Or try to CC them with control spells/abilities (relies more on luck though).

Roll an alchemists yourself?

Or use resit energy (level 2 spell for like every caster but bards, lol…super useful for all levels against anything that deal elemental damage).

Or try to CC them with control spells/abilities (relies more on luck though).

What does CC mean? I need resist energy but I don't have Regongar in the party right now. Wizard might need to learn it next level. Thanks for the tips.

CC: crowd control, stuff that disable enemies like the spell sleep (but that one stop being effective on level 4+ enemies). It's most of the spells that says "Will save negate", some are in the "fortitude negate" category though (like stinking cloud).

There is also the ability demoralize that anyone with high persuasion gets, it's single target though and on disable for one round I think.

Tristan and Harrim can memorize resist energy at level 2 (no need to learn it), Wizard, Sorc, Inquisitor have to learn it. Going by the reference doc, magus don't get it.

Can Wizard scribe spells in the game? I haven't put my hand on one yet so I haven't tried…

By the way, stinking cloud is just as wonderful as in BG2. I got hit by one (water mephit random encounter), it disabled all the party but one person.

CC: crowd control, stuff that disable enemies like the spell sleep (but that one stop being effective on level 4+ enemies). It's most of the spells that says "Will save negate". There is also the ability demoralize that anyone with high persuasion gets, it's single target though and on disable for one round I think.

Tristan and Harrim can memorize resist energy at level 2 (no need to learn it), Wizard, Magus, Inquisitor have to learn it.

Can Wizard scribe spells in the game? (I haven't put my hand on one yet so I don't know).

Wizards can, yeah. Have to find a scroll of resist energy it seems!

Back
Top Bottom