Top 3 Star Trek characters

D

Darth Tagnan

Yes, I'm bored at work - sorry. Don't worry, I'll go away again soon enough!

Anyway - since we've been talking about Trek - and I see we have a lot of fans around here, I thought this would be fun.

1. Spock
2. Picard
3. Q

How about you?

1.Quark
2. Spock
3. Kirk

I elevated Quark to the no. 1 spot for me because every scene he is in is gold. Kirk is entertaining to watch but I identify more with Spock.

1. Wesley Crusher
2. Red-shirt guy/gal
3. Khan

I was thinking about padding the list with another two, but really all contenders pale next to Q. Each of his episodes was simply a treat.

Harry Mudd - was he in 3 or just 2 show ? I know there was the one with furry wurry and andriods but can't remember if there was a third.

He was in 2 episodes of TOS, 1 of TAS, and I believe 2 so far in Discovery. He's played by Rainn Wilson in Discovery and is one of the few worthwhile performances in that series.

If I remember right, I believe Mudd was also in one of the animated episodes/log books. Something about the Federation issuing a warrant because he was pedaling love drugs maybe. Poor Chapel gets kidnapped =xxxx.

Data
Picard
Gul Dukat

I much preferred Data to the Vulkans, as the conception of Vulkans as strictly logical beings was always a bit muddy, and doesn't make a great deal of sense. I always thought Data was much more plausible and well-considered as an expression of a superior but purely logical mind. He understood, as a powerful computational mind probably would, the limits of its own mathematical, logical cognition, and so he had a fascination and aspiration to the possibilities of the organic mind.

Data
Picard
Gul Dukat

I much preferred Data to the Vulkans, as the conception of Vulkans as strictly logical beings was always a bit muddy, and doesn't make a great deal of sense. I always thought Data was much more plausible and well-considered as an expression of a superior but purely logical mind. He understood, as a powerful computational mind probably would, the limits of its own mathematical, logical cognition, and so he had a fascination and aspiration to the possibilities of the organic mind.

While I really like Data and Brent Spiner's portrayal - I felt his constant pursuit of humanity was silly and far-fetched. It never made the slightest sense to me.

At least not until his emotion-chip.

Same is true for his countless human-like observations and motivations.

But I agree about Vulcans - I find them rather dull and one-sided.

That's why I'm so fond of Spock, because he's only half-Vulcan - and I find his conflicted nature dramatically appealing - and a much more plausible mirror of the challenges of the human condition.

Gul Dukat was a great villain except for the end bit.

Back
Top Bottom